Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Mi Wadi - Double Concentrate Orange and Orange + Pineapple is half price in Tralee. Often on offer for €2 but the 1ltr, Double Concentrate @ €1.44 if memory serves me right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

pauleoin wrote: »
    Tesco in Nutgrove SC Dublin has a section with with various clearance items, Microsoft mice for €2.99 each, plenty left, 3 assorted Kindles for €69 each, Toshiba laptops for €299 and another make can't recall for €199 about 3 of each, 1 320GB hard drive freeview+ recorder with dvd & VHS €79, various cameras from €39, 1 Tomtom not sure of price, various cordless phones from €20, lots of Philips rechargeable candles €10, various Duracell power packs €10 I think, other items like Blue-Ray players, Ipod docks and DVD players which I think were just on offer rather than in the Warehouse sale.

Tesco douglas had these also, not a lot left however,

The tom tom was €219 down to €99, they also had printer ink reduced,

HP 58 cartridges - €39.99
    tesco version of HP/lexmark cartridges - €4.99
    Lexmark ink cartridges were also reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Tesco Douglas again....

Doesn't have any of the 18 packs of any Coke left.
    They do have Dairymilk Caramel bars @ €1.05 each or 2 for €1! Helped myself to a few of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭irishproduce

snubbleste wrote: »
    New lines of Ariel, Daz & Persil liquids on shelves. Old lines are sure to be reduced at some point.
    Saw Daz 880ml 18wash reduced to €2.00, Persil 1890ml 54wash reduced to €7.00 (+ €1 coupon on pigsback)

Hi Snubbleste, is this in all tescos do you know or is it hit and miss?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I assume it is all Tesco stores. They are getting rid of 'old' stock to make space for the new more expensive product.. For example the Persil 1890ml is no longer available online but there is plenty on the shelf for €7.xx, normally ~€14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭crayon80

Not in wilton. It is reduced to €3.74 or so and daz powder 38 Wash 2.584 Kg is €5.44.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just got 47 wash of Surf Lavender & Jasmine for €5.17 in Tesco Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ever think you are a BA addict?

Went into tesco Balinasloe, saw a Lg 42Lw550T for €400. Left it behind me, was proud.

Went into Aldi across the road, and by the time I was finished in Aldi I had decided I had to buy that TV rather than let one of you guys get your grubby hands on it!

Im not even sure how good it is, but reduced from €650 im all over that bad boy.

Ah i did some research while I was in the shop, A well reviewed tv from about 2 years ago, there was complaints about input lag that appears to have been fixed in a firmware update (apparently Tvs have firmware updates now, welcome to the future, me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Few Deals spotted it tesco wicklow town:

Different sizes wiper Blades reduced to €1.75 from €7.00
    1001899_10151562156045878_9362013_n.jpg

Small ironing board reduced to €9.00 from €25 one left
    66112_10151562156345878_161762955_n.jpg

Lenova laptop €249 from €299, bottom shelf 32 inch sony bravia €299 from €349
    66125_10151562156355878_303268973_n.jpg

Laptop Specs:
    1013240_10151562156470878_443907931_n.jpg

Also Bargain of the century lol:D
    1005201_10151562156040878_1965654759_n.jpg

Also noticed milk has gone back down to €1.49
    And Knorr sauces are 2 for €1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Only thing of any interest there- is the 1.75 wiper blades.......
    They'll hardly shift the TVs or the laptop at those prices- they're incredibly old stock (and the laptop has crap specs).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ever think you are a BA addict?

Went into tesco Balinasloe, saw a Lg 42Lw550T for €400. Left it behind me, was proud.

Went into Aldi across the road, and by the time I was finished in Aldi I had decided I had to buy that TV rather than let one of you guys get your grubby hands on it!

Im not even sure how good it is, but reduced from €650 im all over that bad boy.

Ah i did some research while I was in the shop, A well reviewed tv from about 2 years ago, there was complaints about input lag that appears to have been fixed in a firmware update (apparently Tvs have firmware updates now, welcome to the future, me)

hmmm, ex display it would appear. Not happy, was never told that.

Doesnt seem to be anything up with the TV though so i might hold onto to it, I'll see what its like for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Monaghan store has all electrical the same prices as the last few weeks-thought I might see some reductions but alas no...sorry...:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco Clarehall......

Stainless steel digging fork and shovel.

Both 4 euro 20 cents each.

Originally 16 euro 50 cents each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭amber2

Dyson vacuum dc19 t2 i reduced from €330 ish to €99 also in some Tesco stores, might even have spotted one for sale on adverts ...

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭you2008

amber2 wrote: »
    Dyson vacuum dc19 t2 i reduced from €330 ish to €99 also in some Tesco stores, might even have spotted one for sale on adverts ...

Which store did u see that?

you2008 wrote: »

Coonagh Limerick. They are gone at this stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

amber2 wrote: »

Unbelievable - the seller seems to have bought 10 Oral B toothbrushes, 3 sets of logitech speakers and the vacuum. Already had an offer of €150 which the seller rejected. Ah, the spirit of Bargain Alerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

you2008 wrote: »
    I saw one in arklow this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

lots of energy saving lightbulbs for euro each, those vacuum storage bags for euro each and also Samsung st30 for 40 euro.

Tesco Maynooth- awash in cut-price TVs.
    Mostly LGs left- with a 32" @ 149- all the way up to a 42" @ 299
    Some Sonys- @249 and 299 (32" and 40")
    Its really bizarre at the checkouts- every second trolley has a TV in it.

No shortage of laptops either- look at the specs though-

Celeron 1.8 / 1Gb RAM / 80Gb HDD/ DVD / 15.6" / Manufacture date July 2007

Thankfully the manufacture dates are obvious- which may educate some people as to what a good spec looked like 6-7 years ago. Absolutely no shortage of them- and no-one seems to be touching them.

No specials on any other electronics- aside from BT Wireless phones- they have two models, one @ 9.99 and one @ 14.99- I didn't explore what they were/are, but they have a whole pallet of them

New delivery of coke and Rice Crispies- also getting demolished, for their Crazy Price bargains.

The regular discount aisle- has absolutely no bargains of any nature on it- absolutely nothing- which is quite unusual.

Electronics aisles- nothing discounted. The Microsoft wireless mouse mentioned a few posts up is marked at and scanning @ 39.99. Some cameras are discounted, but they're nothing you'd actually want to buy.

In short- lots of cut price coke and kelloggs cereal- nothing else of any great interest.

Oh- they have a non-flashed special on playdoh (if you have kids). 4 large tubs of luminous playdoh for 3.75. If you have kids you may be interested.

Gardening aisle- has been converted into a back-to-school aisle and only has school clothes. No indication of where the gardening tools are- and 2 different staff members were unable to enlighten me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

vickers209 wrote: »
    Few Deals spotted it tesco wicklow town:

Different sizes wiper Blades reduced to €1.75 from €7.00
    1001899_10151562156045878_9362013_n.jpg

Small ironing board reduced to €9.00 from €25 one left
    66112_10151562156345878_161762955_n.jpg

Lenova laptop €249 from €299, bottom shelf 32 inch sony bravia €299 from €349
    66125_10151562156355878_303268973_n.jpg

Laptop Specs:
    1013240_10151562156470878_443907931_n.jpg

Also Bargain of the century lol:D
    1005201_10151562156040878_1965654759_n.jpg

Also noticed milk has gone back down to €1.49
    And Knorr sauces are 2 for €1

Milk had gone up?!?!
    Only thing of any interest there- is the 1.75 wiper blades.......
    They'll hardly shift the TVs or the laptop at those prices- they're incredibly old stock (and the laptop has crap specs).

Yea the blades aint bad, but the specs on that laptop are rather crap for the price they're selling it. 2gig ram is shoite

donnacha wrote: »
    Unbelievable - the seller seems to have bought 10 Oral B toothbrushes, 3 sets of logitech speakers and the vacuum. Already had an offer of €150 which the seller rejected. Ah, the spirit of Bargain Alerts.

The Tesco yellow Security Protected sticker is still on the box!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco Maynooth- ..
    The regular discount aisle- ..
    Electronics aisles-..
    In short- lots of cut price coke and kelloggs cereal- nothing else of any great interest.
    ..Gardening aisle-..
    I see you skipped the laundry detergent aisle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

hdowney wrote: »
    Milk had gone up?!?!

Yes milk went up few weeks ago to €1.69 then last week they had a deal buy 2 x 2l for €3 now it dropped back down highlighted here bought a month a go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Plenty of laptops in Clonmel today, not the greatest of specs to be honest but perfect for someone looking for one for college in September or for just browsing and watching films online.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I see you skipped the laundry detergent aisle :D

No- tried there too. No Persil Non-Bio powder or Liquid left. Blank space on the shelves. The 54 wash powder is on special EUR6 (instead of 9.99) and the liquid (something a little shy of 2 litres) is on special @ 3.19 (I think). None of either left.

Persil have a large stand outside the store and a pretty large gang of students showing off the wonders of their newly formulated liquid (and its latex squidgy ball). Talk about paying for packaging.

Internally- Robinsons are sponsoring a dance competition for children- all entrants get a small prize. Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines seemed to be on a loop. We avoided it.

Prosperus scouts are packing bags for 'Aware'- and doing a good job. The number of tills staffed seems to be shrinking by the day- I was asked by two separate managers why I wasn't using the self-scan option. I quite honestly told them-

1. I have young kids. I couldn't honestly vouch that the shopping at been scanned at all, or in some cases, not double scanned, when leaving.

2. It seems like a means for reducing staff numbers. I disagree- and think as many locals as possible should have jobs. (The manager smiled at this and asked would I be willing to write in a letter- which I certainly will do).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I was asked by two separate managers why I wasn't using the self-scan option. I quite honestly told them-

1. I have young kids. I couldn't honestly vouch that the shopping at been scanned at all, or in some cases, not double scanned, when leaving.

2. It seems like a means for reducing staff numbers. I disagree- and think as many locals as possible should have jobs. (The manager smiled at this and asked would I be willing to write in a letter- which I certainly will do).

Not to mention the dreaded 'unexpected item in packing area' mantra most of the damn machines seem determined to say! I'll give you unexpected - an unexpcted kick in the hard drive! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

No- tried there too. No Persil Non-Bio powder or Liquid left. Blank space on the shelves. The 54 wash powder is on special EUR6 (instead of 9.99) and the liquid (something a little shy of 2 litres) is on special @ 3.19 (I think). None of either left.

Persil have a large stand outside the store and a pretty large gang of students showing off the wonders of their newly formulated liquid (and its latex squidgy ball). Talk about paying for packaging.

Internally- Robinsons are sponsoring a dance competition for children- all entrants get a small prize. Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines seemed to be on a loop. We avoided it.

Prosperus scouts are packing bags for 'Aware'- and doing a good job. The number of tills staffed seems to be shrinking by the day- I was asked by two separate managers why I wasn't using the self-scan option. I quite honestly told them-

Could be the affect of staff hols. Lots of staff book time off this time of year. But you should write a letter. They will not ignore it. Last thing they want to do is upset anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Tesco Maynooth- awash in cut-price TVs.
    Mostly LGs left- with a 32" @ 149- all the way up to a 42" @ 299
    Some Sonys- @249 and 299 (32" and 40")
    Its really bizarre at the checkouts- every second trolley has a TV in it.

No shortage of laptops either- look at the specs though-

Celeron 1.8 / 1Gb RAM / 80Gb HDD/ DVD / 15.6" / Manufacture date July 2007

Thankfully the manufacture dates are obvious- which may educate some people as to what a good spec looked like 6-7 years ago. Absolutely no shortage of them- and no-one seems to be touching them.

These were sent in from other stores. I know for a fact a lot of these came from Tesco Ballybeg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

A few digital cameras left in Naas Tesco Xtra this morning. There was still one of those Panasonic TZ18 for €99 and a Lenovo g550 for €249.
    Lots of DECT phones...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement