Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

It's nationwide and it's what ever stock the individual store has that's on the list from head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wonder will there be any ipod docking stations on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭corklad12

Tomorrows crazy prices are.
    18X330ml Diet/Zero/Regular Coke: €5.50
    700 Grams of Kelloggs Rice Krspies: €2.00
    Shaws ham 260 grams, Kerrymaid 1kg and Charveille Red and White chedder 350 grams are better than half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

mondymike wrote: »
    where's the warehouse?

Each store has a warehouse where they store their stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

madanall wrote: »
    Each store has a warehouse where they store their stock.

I believe that would be called a stock room

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

So is this 'warehouse sale' instore or is it situated in a central warehouse? Anyone got any links or anything like that in relation to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

donnacha wrote: »
    I believe that would be called a stock room

Depends on the size of the store, to me a stockroom is no bigger than a double bedroom. A warehouse is anything that's a similar size to an apartment!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on the size of the store, to me a stockroom is no bigger than a double bedroom. A warehouse is anything that's a similar size to an apartment!

The Extra Stores- would be more akin to football pitches, with pallets on shelves 4-5 high and fork lifts buzzing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

higster wrote: »
    Tesco Ennis Road Limerick Double blow up bed with integrated pump €24 (the single version is €44!!). Looks like priced "wrong way around".

hahaha ... I bought one of those a few months ago for €16, maybe not the same brand. But it's a foot pump, that's all .... took hours and 6 people taking turns to blow it up ... I had thought it was one of those auto-inflating beds, it's NOT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Actually the stock rooms in a extra store are smaller than you would think. More like the side line space on a football field. No shelves or machines to move things. The aim of staff and management is to keep back stock low as they get large daily deliveries . The stores only get what the system orders from the distributions center.

Now. The distribution center in Donabate is another story. It is by far, the largest building I have ever seen.
    Slightly off topic but take a look at the beast on google.
    http://goo.gl/maps/6kZg4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Good selection of digital cameras at reduced prices in Naas Tesco Extra.
    Panasonic TZ18 for €99 (£239 on Amazon)
    and FS16 for €79 (£89 on Amazon).

Bits and Bobs in DVD recorders and small number of TVs e.g the Sony 37EX72 which was reduced to €599 is now €399.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

All pringles 190gm tubes - Buy 1 get 1 free for 3.19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Inspiron 1545 laptop in Carlow - €250. Couldn't see the spec.

A few cameras for €39. Some Duracell reading lights for €5.99. A couple of Samsung tablets for €199. Some set top satellite boxes for €50. Norton Anti-Virus - a few quid. Blu-Ray home cinema system (it was a name brand, maybe Phillips or Panasonic, I can't remember) €79 down from €249.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Tesco in Nutgrove SC Dublin has a section with with various clearance items, Microsoft mice for €2.99 each, plenty left, 3 assorted Kindles for €69 each, Toshiba laptops for €299 and another make can't recall for €199 about 3 of each, 1 320GB hard drive freeview+ recorder with dvd & VHS €79, various cameras from €39, 1 Tomtom not sure of price, various cordless phones from €20, lots of Philips rechargeable candles €10, various Duracell power packs €10 I think, other items like Blue-Ray players, Ipod docks and DVD players which I think were just on offer rather than in the Warehouse sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Plymouth gin, very nice stuff going for €13.14 a bottle 70cl
    Stolichnaya vodka also very nice stuff, reduced from thirty something to 25 with a yellow shelf label but scanning at 17 something for the 100cl bottle. This was in tesco portlaoise today. Plenty of both on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Not much in Wexford

There was the Candles lights which were €9.99 reduced from €26.99
    The LG DVD players which i didn't see a Price on (Sorry)
    A Printer which was €59.99
    A digital Photo Frame which was reduced to €9.99

There was a couple of Camera's too at the end of the Aisle near the TV's in a Glass Case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Nothing in Castlebar or Ballinrobe .... well C'bar did have a Samsung Camera but I was after one of the Panasonics but no joy :( ... If by any chance anyone spots one and is feeling like doing a big favour for someone (that'd be me) I could paypal or do a bank transfer and get a courier to collect .... hmmm, cheeky I know but if you don't ask and all that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

Sony KDL40CX523 40" reduced to €349
    Sony KDL32CX523 32" reduced to €299

Good price for Sony altho 2011 model.

Two in each size in Tesco Stillorgan store around 5pm. Apparently more electronics like tablets and laptoops in Dundrum store clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Not much in Wexford

There was the Candles lights which were €9.99 reduced from €26.99
    The LG DVD players which i didn't see a Price on (Sorry)
    A Printer which was €59.99
    A digital Photo Frame which was reduced to €9.99

There was a couple of Camera's too at the end of the Aisle near the TV's in a Glass Case too.

the blu-ray players were 39.99 as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

dublin99 wrote: »
    Sony KDL40CX523 40" reduced to €349
    Sony KDL32CX523 32" reduced to €299

Good price for Sony altho 2011 model.

Two in each size in Tesco Stillorgan store around 5pm. Apparently more electronics like tablets and laptoops in Dundrum store clearance.
    is that a plasma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was in Clearwater around 7pm tonight, feck all bargains to be had.

I'm in the market for a new Tefal Actifry and noted it was €249 there, €159 in Power City :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Navan missus got a bt synergy 4100 digital cordless handset for a tenner, was 40 euro.Missus said there was other stuff like headphones and chargers but non specific!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Just back from Arklow. They had them BT phones for €20 and Phillips phone chargers for €2.99
    they also had:

kids Phillips nightlights bumblebee/ladybird for €9.99
    Phillips electronic candles for €9.99
    Sony DVD recorder for €79 (reduced from €199) 1 left
    Sony 40 inch TV €349 also 1 left

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭smilgy

In tesco Lucan, 5 euro each, had about 5-6 left in different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

They're a great mouse. Using one at the minute. Only needs one AA too which lasts for fecking aaaages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    is that a plasma?

Sony haven't made a plasma in a very long time so no, it's an LCD screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I got a Samsung rv510 laptop in Tesco Carlow today for €199 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

a bit hit and miss depending on the store.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

New lines of Ariel, Daz & Persil liquids on shelves. Old lines are sure to be reduced at some point.
    Saw Daz 880ml 18wash reduced to €2.00, Persil 1890ml 54wash reduced to €7.00 (+ €1 coupon on pigsback)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement