Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I have a copy of payday if anyone has anything to trade?

My buy list for this sale
    Alan Wake Pack
    Anno 2070
    Euro Truck 2
    Skyrim Legendary
    Civ V Gold
    Fallout New Vegas
    Garry's Mod
    Kerbal Space Program
    Payday
    Just Cause 2
    CS:GO

Frozen Synapse if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

With the sale done and dusted here's the damage:

Steam:

Prison Architect Standard

Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity

Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack

Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Monaco

Magicka

Euro Truck Simulator

Bastion

Torchlight II

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Serious Sam Complete Pack

To The Moon

Castle Crashers

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Complete Pack

Terraria

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

Anno 2070 Complete Edition

FEZ

Endless Space + Disharmony

Total: €146.58

Amazon:

Civilization V: Brave New World

Total: €19.33

Origin:

Battlefield 2: Complete Collection

Battlefield 2142: Deluxe Edition

NHL 09

Total: €9

Think I might report my debit card missing at the start of the next sale to protect myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

So, Euro Truck 2 is... weird. It's the most mind numbingly boring game I think I've ever played, but it's so bloody addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

COYVB wrote: »
    So, Euro Truck 2 is... weird. It's the most mind numbingly boring game I think I've ever played, but it's so bloody addictive

The trick is to avoid motorways, get up to near max speed possible on the back roads, cruise control on and then attempt to get to your destination without crashing :cool: it's not mind numbingly boring then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got mount and blade warband for under $5 on amazon yesterday , much better than I was expecting. 6 hours in and I have an army of 50 following me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ShaneU wrote: »
    Got mount and blade warband for under $5 on amazon yesterday , much better than I was expecting. 6 hours in and I have an army of 50 following me

It's a grea game, trying to keep em alive and max them out. The annoying thing is then taking your uber force, sending them into the mill to capture a castle and then having the castle awarded to some other crap AI lord....

DL MBTweaks to adjust some things in the game.

Anyone else playing Kerbal Space Program? I saw it mentioned in some buy lists so I took a gamble and bought it.. Have only messed about in the tutorial but considering it's not actually a game as such it was great fun. Looking forwards to creating a rocket later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just traded 24 of my cards with some randomer for Awesomenauts... I had a 66% off for the game so he had to pay €3.40 so not a bad deal at all :D .. Now I might trade it for Trine 2 Complete :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Just traded 24 of my cards with some randomer for Awesomenauts... I had a 66% off for the game so he had to pay €3.40 so not a bad deal at all :D .. Now I might trade it for Trine 2 Complete :P

If you trade up a few times, you might be able to get a house.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What requierments do you need when buying from amazon or nuuvem, just a local address? Do all donwloads activate on Steam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Anyone else playing Kerbal Space Program? I saw it mentioned in some buy lists so I took a gamble and bought it.. Have only messed about in the tutorial but considering it's not actually a game as such it was great fun. Looking forwards to creating a rocket later tonight.

I tried out the demo but never really gave it a proper shake. It has an interesting concept. I considered buying it, though my budget didn't hit that far after getting skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Just made my first trip into space. Only jumped on it for a quick go and ended up and hour and a half on it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

In its vanilla form it's hard. Some mods to help a bit with controlling the spacecraft in orbit are a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Polar101

Football Manager 2013 - €7.50
    Witcher 2 - €5
    Dawn of War Platinum Edition - €5
    Risen 2 - €5
    Dark Souls - €7.50
    Tropico 1 & 2 - €1.40

Not bad for a 'don't really want to buy anything this time' sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

marko93 wrote: »
    Frozen Synapse if you're interested?

Not really into indie games at the minute.

I'd take the likes of chivalry,A2 CO (for the brother) etc for it. Have a few cards I can add to it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Nollog

Made a few more indie purchases on the last day to add to my total.

7,24€ Purchase
    Quantum Conundrum DLC Puzzle Pack 1 Desmonds Debacle, Spirits, Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe

7,77€ Purchase
    Lone Survivor, To The Moon Game and Soundtrack Bundle, McPixel

Nothing spectacular this sale, but then I think I own most everything I want already so hard to blame anyone but myself.

Not really into indie games at the minute.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense

simon360 wrote: »
    Just made my first trip into space. Only jumped on it for a quick go and ended up and hour and a half on it :o

Yeah I'm looking at videos online and am looking forwards to getting my hands on this when I get home to design and launch SpacePhallus mk1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Checking out of this thread.

See you all in the Autumn lads. See if you can get even a quarter of the games you bought completed before then.

Godspeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

It has been an honour to buy with you gentlemen.

• Advertisement

Does to me:D

Does to me:D

So you specifically don't like any game developed by an independent studio, regardless of genre, style or quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It has been an honour to buy with you gentlemen.

I'm not sure what to make of this post given your name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It does, I find indie games are usually of a lot poorer quality graphically.

GarIT wrote: »
    It does, I find indie games are usually of a lot poorer quality graphically.

I think you're misunderstanding what "indie" means tbh

So you specifically don't like any game developed by an independent studio, regardless of genre, style or quality?

I haven't seen one yet that made me think "yeah,ill buy that". Maybe my taste in games is different to yours?

I haven't seen one yet that made me think "yeah,ill buy that". Maybe my taste in games is different to yours?

See the above post. I bet you've got quite a few indie games in your collection. The last year or so has seen the term "indie" adopted by some to mean games with a distinct 8/16 bit graphic style, but that's only part of it. It actually means games developed without the backing of a major publisher.

See the above post. I bet you've got quite a few indie games in your collection. The last year or so has seen the term "indie" adopted by some to mean games with a distinct 8/16 bit graphic style, but that's only part of it. It actually means games developed without the backing of a major publisher.

I may have some from the THQ humble bundle but I doubt I've played any.

Have a look anyhow - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014750107/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I may have some from the THQ humble bundle but I doubt I've played any.

Have a look anyhow - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014750107/

Kerbal Space Program.
    Edit : Possibly Garry's Mod but I'm unsure of the recent developments processes of that mod. Originally though it would have been.

• Advertisement

For starters, you've got Euro Truck Simulator 2 which you've played a bit of, which was originally self published

Advertisement