Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,247 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What time does the Live Ocarina Music start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

<<SNIP>>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    What time does the Live Ocarina Music start?

Well, they got in a DJ instead....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Where's the jacks ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Where's the jacks ?

This is a forest, go find an unoccupied shrub out the back, and be careful it's not a Deku Scrub, they really don't like getting p1ssed on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Where's the jacks ?

Right here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I heard KK. Slider is playing T in the Park this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,821 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a guy on the retrogamer forum that's not happy with us for calling AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone on the podcast. Poor guy must have sold his Amiga for a Jaguar back in '93 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Who's round is it? I'm parched.

Right here!

Well you sir, smell of wee :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Score! Found a glass bottle under a seat there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a guy on the retrogamer forum that's not happy with us for calling AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone on the podcast.

That is a bit of an insult to Wolfenstein, in fairness.

Master of the Universe

When can we start smashing the pots and harassing the chickens?

When can we start smashing the pots and harassing the chickens?

Leave them chickens alone!

I've never known people to be so happy at a new thread before,
    Hooray!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a guy on the retrogamer forum that's not happy with us for calling AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone on the podcast. Poor guy must have sold his Amiga for a Jaguar back in '93 :P

I'll have to log on and explain his error.
    Have to comment when someone on the internet is wrong!

Master of the Universe

Leave them chickens alone!

If you can tell me you've never picked up and thrown a chicken in a Zelda game I will tell you you're lying :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Must be a tough job for the Hyrule Central Bank maintaining a stable currency. People just throwing money away, and anyone can make a fortune if they're willing to spend a bit of time breaking other people's pots and plants.

Probably a Communist government.

Must be a tough job for the Hyrule Central Bank maintaining a stable currency. People just throwing money away, and anyone can make a fortune if they're willing to spend a bit of time breaking other people's pots and plants.

Probably a Communist government.

Sounds more like the Irish and the Greeks to me....

But, hey, no prostituting chickens ok, it's just not ok, plus no one will eat the eggs afterwards.

If you can tell me you've never picked up and thrown a chicken in a Zelda game I will tell you you're lying :P

I was just experimenting.

On the plus side today in work I got to sit outside in the cafe and eat salad while I got my picture taken. I'm now officially a model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I was just experimenting.

On the plus side today in work I got to sit outside in the cafe and eat salad while I got my picture taken. I'm now officially a model.

AA doing a 2013 drive?

drunk-obese-pikachu_0.jpg

Master of the Universe

The guy who took the pic didn't look something like this did he?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDFNEG8mv5dBNZN_mO-4wQJzBDp62RHT6I_0sBI-9S3oDbVajr

May not have been a photographer...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Boulder Dash

That is all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Boulder Dash

That is all :pac:

Starting to think you need an intervention Sparks, maybe some deprogramming... with an ice pick to the temple... all gentle like...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,709 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Starting to think you need an intervention Sparks, maybe some deprogramming... with an ice pick to the temple... all gentle like...

Given the population of this place, I think the interrogative leg cross will land the finishing blow before the ice pick can :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kinda makes me wish I never missed out on the Crash Bandicoot thing.

There's a good article on naughty dog in retro gamer at the moment. Not specifically on the crash games but as a company.

Naughty Dog, not sure I can really take them as any kind of retro developer.
    Plus, Way of the Warrior on the 3DO was one of those really rare sh1te games on the system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,821 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They made a few Apple 2 games and Rings of Power on the Megadrive which is ****ing awful but has the one notable feature of sneaking in boobies if you enter a cheat code.

It was a good article in fairness.

The one about the first Crash Bandicoot a few months ago was great. Painfully average game but very interesting development. Gave me a new found appreciation for the coders of the game.

Lords of Midnight has been released for Windows with updated graphics it seems.

Preferred Doomdarks Revenge myself on the awesome Amstrad :)

Going to get up early and head to a car boot. Hopefully will find something other than "Generic sports title '98" but at least the weather is nice!

Just picked up Dark Souls and lolloypop chainsaw in xtravision for 17.50

Nice few bits in the xtravision closing down sale. I never played Dark Souls.....Am I in for a bad time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Going to get up early and head to a car boot. Hopefully will find something other than "Generic sports title '98" but at least the weather is nice!

This weather is ideal for car boot sales. Best thing to do is be arrive before 9am, the nicest bits are usually gone early.

Nice few bits in the xtravision closing down sale. I never played Dark Souls.....Am I in for a bad time?

The first few hours are a baptism of fire, but then it clicks and you realise you're playing a masterpiece, even if it can be cruel & unusual at times. But honestly, I think once you adjust to its rules, it's not as hard as it has been made out to be, with a couple of exceptions admittedly.

• Advertisement

Hahha, this is great. When gameshow pedantry meets Zelda. Can't embed the video alas, but the looks on their faces are priceless: http://kotaku.com/jeopardy-contestants-answer-zelda-get-robbed-760520668

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

A new masterpiece. Downloadable here.

So frakking hot!
    And how long will it be before any references to BSG aren't understood?
    Frakking Toasters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Advertisement

I really hate this weather.
    All those on Facebook posting pictures of scenery in the sunshine? Go die in a hole!

And work just gets ten times harder in the heat, tempers fray a lot easier and folk can get hurt.

I can't wait til winter!

I'm looking at photo's of the snow a couple of years ago and wishing I was there!

Think I'll play through Lost Planet and 1080 Snowboarding, just to cool down!
    Certainly this is no time for anything set in a desert or other hot places, so no Journey, Uncharted or GalGun for me!

Master of the Universe

It's our first proper summer in years, quit giving out, get your suncream on and go tan that pasty skin!!! :pac:

I too don't really like the sun as much as others, but the overall vibe the warm weather brings is fantastic - sure beats the usual overcast doom and gloom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This is why sometimes its good to read the instructions :o

Took my new drone/quadcopter out for it's first proper flight today and it crashed quite spectacularly(my new GoPro captured the drama quite well). Not a mark on it luckily and I was flying it within 10 mins of finding it. Cut myself to pieces getting through the thorny bushes and all sorts of nasty nature to find the damn thing though.

Turns out its quite important to calibrate these things before flying them in the wind :D

Lesson learned for me anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I thought Retro discussion had ended forever and wept.

But then saw new thread.

All hail new thread.

8jzJTDW.jpg

I love the nice weather, been swimming or out every night this week.

I did get to sit down to play lollypop chainsaw last night though. Really is a nice little "popcorn" game. Not too hard and bit of a larf to play through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Steve SI wrote: »
    This is why sometimes its good to read the instructions :o

Took my new drone/quadcopter out for it's first proper flight today and it crashed quite spectacularly(my new GoPro captured the drama quite well). Not a mark on it luckily and I was flying it within 10 mins of finding it. Cut myself to pieces getting through the thorny bushes and all sorts of nasty nature to find the damn thing though.

Turns out its quite important to calibrate these things before flying them in the wind :D

Lesson learned for me anyway.

Looks very exciting all the same, can I ask where you got yours from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks very exciting all the same, can I ask where you got yours from?

I got this one from http://radiocontrolledshop.ie/
    I think it was the last Phantom in stock in Ireland until more arrive from DJI but you might be lucky and find one. The Phantom has become very popular with the amateur and even pro aerial photography crowd so its always in high demand. It's a great machine to mod and upgrade as well and I've already got my eyes on some sweet flight and cam mods and upgrades.
    If you get one make sure to grab a "GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition" as thats the ideal camera for it.

Phantom_GoPro-Close-Flight.jpg

If someone is only starting out with quad copters maybe get a cheap one to begin with. You'd want to spend about 100 Euro on a Nano QX or something like that before putting down a much larger investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Steve SI wrote: »
    I got this one from http://radiocontrolledshop.ie/
    If someone is only starting out with quad copters maybe get a cheap one to begin with. You'd want to spend about 100 Euro on a Nano QX or something like that before putting down a much larger investment.

Cheers!

Would love to do some of the Aerial Photography stuff, will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

DAMMIT, WHY WAS I SO BLIND!? I thought this was just another Zelda thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement