Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Worth noting, as there's been a bit of life back in it recently. Tomato (the guy who headed the Mother 3 fan-trans/Mother re-trans) has/had been working on a Mother remake, utilizing the Earthbound engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hSBlsfkgL8

'Mato got sidetracked elsewhere, so dev has been left up to the community, but there's been an impressive amount of progress so far. Yup, looks exactly like Eartbound, but I am enjoying the effort. It might be a good reason for those who've been warned off the original Mother due to its primitiveness and difficulty to give it a go, as I'm sure it's getting tweaks in that regard too. There is the 'easy' patch, but it'd be nicer to play it as a more balanced experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Worth noting, as there's been a bit of life back in it recently. Tomato (the guy who headed the Mother 3 fan-trans/Mother re-trans) has/had been working on a Mother remake, utilizing the Earthbound engine.

Now there's a reason to own a flashcart if I ever seen one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm heading off tonight for a week of some sun, sea, booze, sex, more booze and regret. I'll bring ye back a stick of Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm heading off tonight for a week of some sun, sea, booze, sex, more booze and regret. I'll bring ye back a stick of Rock.
    Ahhh. I see you're going down to your local corner shop.

Now for the current thing on my mind.

http://whatnetflixdoes.tumblr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good news is we can still expect your drunken late night posts, thanks to the end of roaming charges.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ahhh. I see you're going down to your local corner shop.

Now for the current thing on my mind.

http://whatnetflixdoes.tumblr.com/

Wow!
    That's awful!
    And it's a reminder that the physical disk is still the place to go.
    Last thing we need is a quasi return to pan&scan, despite owning massive 16:9 screens in our homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-16-the-last-arcade

OH, PHOOEY! I was so excited about the Trocadero arcade when I first read it...only to learn its fate a couple of sentances, later.

Think I bought my Mushi PCB off Mark Starkey.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wow!
    That's awful!
    And it's a reminder that the physical disk is still the place to go.
    Last thing we need is a quasi return to pan&scan, despite owning massive 16:9 screens in our homes.
    *nods agreeingly*

Thank god that Blu ray killed off the fullscreen market for physical media.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

3v7bpc.jpg

I think I can hear a pin drop in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

It's the thread name. It's like it's cursed or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I can hear a pin drop in this thread.

I think its a combination of good weather, fear of ridicule and the fact that the thread name doesn't make the purpose of it obvious, so more infrequent posters may not recognise it as the hotbed of retrogaming commentary and photos of cross dressing CDi owners.

I think its a combination of good weather, fear of ridicule and the fact that the thread name doesn't make the purpose of it obvious, so more infrequent posters may not recognise it as the hotbed of retrogaming commentary and photos of cross dressing CDi owners.
    Well then, could you please change it? I didn't even notice it until Atavan pointed out to me...while still drunk.

No, it's a good name and folk will come around.
    I'm not admitting defeat yet!
    We'll have a face to face discussion on the topic at the next Beers, and I'll make a call then.

Maybe instead of:

Karkariko Village Tavern: General Chat & Live Ocarina Music

Something like the below might make it more obvious:

General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How about a name that doesn't suck :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How about a name that doesn't suck :P

Ah you's all had a chance during the voting...but no lets wait till its in before whinging about it :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Something like "Uncle Touchy's Fun Time Puzzle Basement"

So...did anyone else see Pacific Rim over the weekend?

So, we'll give a name change a shot.
    If it doesn't work the people who looked for it will be beaten with pipes.

• Advertisement

If you double click beside the old thread name, you can rename it. Save you having to lock it :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    If you double click beside the old thread name, you can rename it. Save you having to lock it :)

I seem to have done it by creating a new forum with the new name, then merged the two.
    We'll see now if it makes any difference at all!

It's like Narnia in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I seem to have done it by creating a new forum with the new name, then merged the two.
    We'll see now if it makes any difference at all!

I think it knock all the thanks on the posts before you merged them, would that make sense?

I got my lead pipe ready. BRING IT ON!

Now...did anyone else watch Pacific Rim?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Now...did anyone else watch Pacific Rim?

Yes.

Did you watch Before Midnight? Act of Killing? Like Someone in Love? I'd prefer to talk about them.

Yes.

Did you watch Before Midnight? Act of Killing? Like Someone in Love? I'd prefer to talk about them.
    *leaves thread*

I've been interested in watching Robot and Frank, lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

when I saw 'Robot and Frank' I thought
    EB_Frankystein_Mark_II.gifEB_Frank.gif

Sera wrote: »
    when I saw 'Robot and Frank' I thought
    EB_Frankystein_Mark_II.gifEB_Frank.gif
    FOOL OF A TOOK!

MV5BMTUzMTE0NTk4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQ1OTMwOA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's fine but a little over-contrived at times (eventually more ho-hum plot-centric than character focused, despite ostensibly being a character study). The sort of film that passed the time but I mostly forgot about once I left the cinema, only to be reminded about it when someone mentions it online. Certainly dozens of recent films worth bumping up the 'must watch' list before it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement