Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

• 11-07-2013 9:20am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

And so it begins....
    Again...
    Like last time...
    Only Embiggened!

Link to the Past (General Retro Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,365 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n

What time does the Live Ocarina Music start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭ the groutch

<<SNIP>>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    What time does the Live Ocarina Music start?

Well, they got in a DJ instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭ The Last Bandit

Where's the jacks ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭ CiDeRmAn

Where's the jacks ?

This is a forest, go find an unoccupied shrub out the back, and be careful it's not a Deku Scrub, they really don't like getting p1ssed on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭ Jack burton

Where's the jacks ?

Right here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ DinoRex

I heard KK. Slider is playing T in the Park this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 48,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Retr0gamer

There's a guy on the retrogamer forum that's not happy with us for calling AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone on the podcast. Poor guy must have sold his Amiga for a Jaguar back in '93 :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Atavan-Halen

Who's round is it? I'm parched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭ The Last Bandit

Right here!

Well you sir, smell of wee :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭ Myrddin

Score! Found a glass bottle under a seat there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a guy on the retrogamer forum that's not happy with us for calling AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone on the podcast.

That is a bit of an insult to Wolfenstein, in fairness.

When can we start smashing the pots and harassing the chickens?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Atavan-Halen

When can we start smashing the pots and harassing the chickens?

Leave them chickens alone!

I've never known people to be so happy at a new thread before,
    Hooray!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a guy on the retrogamer forum that's not happy with us for calling AvP on the Jaguar a Wolfenstein clone on the podcast. Poor guy must have sold his Amiga for a Jaguar back in '93 :P

I'll have to log on and explain his error.
    Have to comment when someone on the internet is wrong!

Leave them chickens alone!

If you can tell me you've never picked up and thrown a chicken in a Zelda game I will tell you you're lying :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭ johnny_ultimate

Must be a tough job for the Hyrule Central Bank maintaining a stable currency. People just throwing money away, and anyone can make a fortune if they're willing to spend a bit of time breaking other people's pots and plants.

Probably a Communist government.

Must be a tough job for the Hyrule Central Bank maintaining a stable currency. People just throwing money away, and anyone can make a fortune if they're willing to spend a bit of time breaking other people's pots and plants.

Probably a Communist government.

Sounds more like the Irish and the Greeks to me....

But, hey, no prostituting chickens ok, it's just not ok, plus no one will eat the eggs afterwards.

If you can tell me you've never picked up and thrown a chicken in a Zelda game I will tell you you're lying :P

I was just experimenting.

On the plus side today in work I got to sit outside in the cafe and eat salad while I got my picture taken. I'm now officially a model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭ Myrddin

I was just experimenting.

On the plus side today in work I got to sit outside in the cafe and eat salad while I got my picture taken. I'm now officially a model.

AA doing a 2013 drive?

drunk-obese-pikachu_0.jpg

The guy who took the pic didn't look something like this did he?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDFNEG8mv5dBNZN_mO-4wQJzBDp62RHT6I_0sBI-9S3oDbVajr

May not have been a photographer...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭ Sparks43

Boulder Dash

That is all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭ moonlighting

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Boulder Dash

That is all :pac:

Starting to think you need an intervention Sparks, maybe some deprogramming... with an ice pick to the temple... all gentle like...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭ johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Starting to think you need an intervention Sparks, maybe some deprogramming... with an ice pick to the temple... all gentle like...

Given the population of this place, I think the interrogative leg cross will land the finishing blow before the ice pick can :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭ Mr.Saturn

Kinda makes me wish I never missed out on the Crash Bandicoot thing.

There's a good article on naughty dog in retro gamer at the moment. Not specifically on the crash games but as a company.

Naughty Dog, not sure I can really take them as any kind of retro developer.
    Plus, Way of the Warrior on the 3DO was one of those really rare sh1te games on the system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 48,149 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Retr0gamer

They made a few Apple 2 games and Rings of Power on the Megadrive which is ****ing awful but has the one notable feature of sneaking in boobies if you enter a cheat code.

It was a good article in fairness.

The one about the first Crash Bandicoot a few months ago was great. Painfully average game but very interesting development. Gave me a new found appreciation for the coders of the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement