Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah bugger. Sorry to hear that. Can't have been easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

**** sorry to hear man :(, sounds like a rough day.

On a positive note, did put the deposit on the car today :D. Loan approved hoping to be driving it by tomorrow or Friday, Monday at the latest can't wait :).

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

On a positive note, did put the deposit on the car today :D. Loan approved hoping to be driving it by tomorrow or Friday, Monday at the latest can't wait :).

Jammy git!!! Not jealous at all ya bastid!! :p

Got my car back today too....turned out it was a combination of dirty diesel and letting the car run too low. He changed the fuel filter and car is running now. And only charged me €50 too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Christ sorry to hear that dodderangler, that's so sad :(

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Jammy git!!! Not jealous at all ya bastid!! :p

Got my car back today too....turned out it was a combination of dirty diesel and letting the car run too low. He changed the fuel filter and car is running now. And only charged me €50 too!! :D

:pac::pac: Cheers.

Ah happy day's after all that good to hear it was nothing serious and a cheap fix :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Currently reading House of Leaves which has left me so scared I am afraid to go to sleep. This hasn't happened since I was a kid and I watched the episode of Buffy with the gentleman. Even then I was able to turn off the lights.

Seriously good book but I like being able to sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Currently reading House of Leaves which has left me so scared I am afraid to go to sleep. This hasn't happened since I was a kid and I watched the episode of Buffy with the gentleman. Even then I was able to turn off the lights.

Never actually read a book from start to finish bar all Roald Dahl books :)
    Never got scared to sleep. When I was a kid the film never ending story would keep me awake. Had nightmares about the big wolf that was in it. for years couldn't sleep properly.

Never actually read a book from start to finish bar all Roald Dahl books :)
    Never got scared to sleep. When I was a kid the film never ending story would keep me awake. Had nightmares about the big wolf that was in it. for years couldn't sleep properly.

I looooove Roald Dahl. Matilda is still one of my favourite books. I remember after reading it I tried moving things with my mind. Never worked though. :( I got a Roald Dahl treasury for €12 a few months ago, hardback with colour illustrations. Really beautiful book.

Jesus, that sounds awful. Don't remember much about that film except that it was really trippy. Much watch it again sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

FFA I just watched the bit with the wolf on YouTube and have goosebumps and shivers over it
    Guess it still scares the fcuk out of me. Creepy ba5tard of a wolf.
    Ffs man up here D.A lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ha, I haven't seen The Neverending Story since my age was in single figures and I don't remember ever losing sleep over it, but I know that I did think about it a whole lot after it ended. I wish I could stay awake. I try to where possible, because I suffer with awful nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I just thought Never Ending Story was a sad movie growing up.

Roal Dahls books always had a creepyness to them.

On movies that scared me. I was watching IT as a kid in my friends house and his older brother burst in with a clown mask on.

20 odd years later I still feel uncomfortable if I see an image of Tim Curry in that make up.

Never liked clowns anyway but this pushed the boat out completely

Edit: Auveen ( my daughter)is asleep, so I've spent the last 5 mins looking at images of Curry as IT. It's mad, I'm genuinely a bit freaked. Mrs googled eyes would be less than impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

the gentlemen still freak the bjaysus out of me.hated that episode.the only thing that keeps me up at nite and that i ever have nightmares about are zombies.but does that stop me watching every movie and tv show zombie related.like hell it does.i dunno why i put myself thru it

I'm not sure if I've seen that episode since then or not. I think I would probably still be frightened but not as frightened.

IT never scared me all that much for some reason, even when I saw it as a kid. Then again no one ever burst in with a clown mask on...

I managed to get to sleep last night but I had to leave the lights on. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

I managed to get to sleep last night but I had to leave the lights on. :p

I had to leave the light on too last night :cool: Go us!! :D :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't sleep with lights on, I hate it.

I had to leave the light on too last night :cool: Go us!! :D :pac:

Haha what were you scared of?
    Angron wrote: »
    I can't sleep with lights on, I hate it.

I hate it too but there was no way I could turn them off last night. I only left my lamp on, the other light would be way too bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My hips really hurt and I have a big ass cold sore on my lip... Walking like a granny... attractive...

Haha what were you scared of?

Apparently I have a ghost. :rolleyes: Never believed in them before..... Until last night when all this freaky stuff started happening in my bedroom. :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

But...ghosts aren't real.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    But...ghosts aren't real.

:eek: then who was in my room since I home alone?????

Fear, it's a very powerful emotion. It can convince the mind of anything. Houses can make random noises all the time, but enough fear can convince you it's a prowler or a ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

During "The Ring" my friend left to go pee and the bit where the horse comes over the back of the boat, my so called friend grabbed my ankles. The *£>%*> had hidden beneath the seats in the cinema instead. Screamed for 10 minutes, slept with parents for two weeks and the light on for 3 months!!! Traumatised me!! Tv had to be removed from my room, terrier of wells, the film scared the bejesus out of me. I never liked horrors and I never liked them after!!

I love horrors but very few actually scare me. I like The Paranormal Activity films and Insidious but even then you have to see them in the cinema for the full effect, not as good at home. I still find The Ring quite scary but it was the first horror I ever saw so that might be why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Horrors scare the life out of me. I mean Jesus, I was flinching and hiding my eyes when I was watching Oldboy with Marty a few weeks back. :o

Have to say, my sister's a good little worker. The store owner called me and popped in, looking for my opinion on how she was doing, and is happy with her and told her to relax and that he's laid back and doesn't mind if she's not out on the floor stopping people every minute. He also insisted on buying us both lunch as a thank you to me for coming in today and tomorrow (my days off from my store) and to thank her for accepting a job and working hard. He also hugged me and told me he owes me big time and will make it up to me tomorrow when he comes in with money for me. :)

Great to hear eso!
    I've been in a truck load of pain since last night. Condition is acting the maggot, big time. Spent the last while painting my nails and curling my hair to try cheer myself up but had to get up to open the door (to let our student in) and now I'm back lying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Evening all!! glad to be home after a few days away!! have to say Wales is a great place! love it there!!!
    (although not too impressed with the welsh lions decision lol)

sorry to hear about the Kits DA what a bloody disaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

kellief wrote: »
    During "The Ring" my friend left to go pee and the bit where the horse comes over the back of the boat, my so called friend grabbed my ankles. The *£>%*> had hidden beneath the seats in the cinema instead. Screamed for 10 minutes, slept with parents for two weeks and the light on for 3 months!!! Traumatised me!! Tv had to be removed from my room, terrier of wells, the film scared the bejesus out of me. I never liked horrors and I never liked them after!!

Sorry but I spat my tea out laughing at that :pac: Your friend is a legend :pac:

Seen The Ring in the cinema too with some mates. We were in Belfast for the weekend and staying at a really dingy hostel with lights that barely worked in the hall. Think we all ran from the lifts to our room when we got back to avoid the dark corners :pac: My mate screamed and jumped a mile at some point in the movie which damn well nearly made me wet the seat. I could handle the movie and anticipate most of the scenes, not having my arm pulled off and lose my hearing :pac:

Loved it in the cinema but useless on dvd. Some movies are just made for the cinema.

Went to see Mama with my OH a few months back. Great on the big screen. I tend to watch some scenes through my fingers because I feel more protected :rolleyes:, OH laughed at me and held my hands down forcing me to watch some of the more intense imagery scenes. Not impressed!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Sorry but I spat my tea out laughing at that :pac: Your friend is a legend :pac:

Seen The Ring in the cinema too with some mates. We were in Belfast for the weekend and staying at a really dingy hostel with lights that barely worked in the hall. Think we all ran from the lifts to our room when we got back to avoid the dark corners :pac: My mate screamed and jumped a mile at some point in the movie which damn well nearly made me wet the seat. I could handle the movie and anticipate most of the scenes, not having my arm pulled off and lose my hearing :pac:

Loved it in the cinema but useless on dvd. Some movies are just made for the cinema.

Went to see Mama with my OH a few months back. Great on the big screen. I tend to watch some scenes through my fingers because I feel more protected :rolleyes:, OH laughed at me and held my hands down forcing me to watch some of the more intense imagery scenes. Not impressed!!

Glad you enjoyed my misery and fear. I was traumatised. Still am. Can't bear wells.
    Watching criminal minds and wishing my better half would hurry up and console me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ah no, I can empathise how she would have scared the wits out of ya, but still a little funny. Didn't mean to poke fun ;)

Had to turn the tv round myself :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement