Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Separate threads for film & TV
    Still working for me on PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Still watching US Netflix on Android and wii no problem, just my 1st choice of PS3 that isn't playing the game at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wouldnt work on my ps3 either, wont let me sign into PSN with the US dns settings. Works fine when I let it auto detect. Boo-urns anyway its on my ps3 I use it, the Irish one has improved but if there's no fix I might cancel it I use the US one 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Separate threads for film & TV
    How come its working for some and not for others? Down to the different DNS providers?

adox wrote: »
    How come its working for some and not for others? Down to the different DNS providers?

Mine is up for renewal (currently use the same one Technocentral has mentioned) so if others are still working I will changer provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

adox wrote: »

Not working on Unotelly or Unblock Us for ps3. What's your DNS one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Working ok on my PS3. I wonder is it because I have a US account or i am with UPC.

Working ok on my PS3. I wonder is it because I have a US account or i am with UPC.

What DNS yoke are you with Unblock or Uno?

What DNS yoke are you with Unblock or Uno?

None I just changed the DNS settings manually.

None I just changed the DNS settings manually.

Yeah but to what?

• Advertisement

Yeah but to what?

Can't remember as I did it ages ago.

Back on US one after deleting then reinstalling PS3 Netflix app, then signing out and back into it.

Back on US one after deleting then reinstalling PS3 Netflix app, then signing out and back into it.

I did the same mate but it will throw you out of it after 10 - 15 mins.

I did the same mate but it will throw you out of it after 10 - 15 mins.

Right you are, am going to leave the boffins to work on it for a couple of days then try again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Is this only affecting PS3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enough on the region workarounds discussion, couldn't be any more clear from the OP. Any further posts on the topic will be deleted.

Just watched Midnight Sting AGAIN on Irish Netflix. James Woods, Louis Gossett Jr, Heather Graham and Bruce Dern. What's not to love. The Freshman with Matthew Broderick and Marlon Brando next up.

Just watched Midnight Sting AGAIN on Irish Netflix. James Woods, Louis Gossett Jr, Heather Graham and Bruce Dern. What's not to love. The Freshman with Matthew Broderick and Marlon Brando next up.

Fun movie that, some great character actors, when you watched it is it called Midnight Sting or Diggstown on the Irish one? its called Diggstown, its original title, on the US version.

The Avengers will be on US Netflix sometime this weekend.

krudler wrote: »
    Fun movie that, some great character actors, when you watched it is it called Midnight Sting or Diggstown on the Irish one? its called Diggstown, its original title, on the US version.

Midnight Sting. Like you say, it's just fun, easy watching. Bruce Dern plays such a great baddie. They brush over a couple of deaths in the film fairly lightly though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Irish Netflix is now home to Ron Moore's revival of Battlestar Galactica. This show is often brilliant in its delivery, but be warned - you could be getting into the televisual equivalent of a toxic love affair or a raging drug habit. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Portlandia summed up the experience of watching it better than words could:

Although probably advisable to stop watching around twenty minutes before the end of the last episode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Watched 'A Late Quartet' on US Netflix last night - good performances from Christopher Walken, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Catherine Keener. Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The Avengers has been added to US Netflix.
    Wereghost wrote: »
    Irish Netflix is now home to Ron Moore's revival of Battlestar Galactica. This show is often brilliant in its delivery, but be warned - you could be getting into the televisual equivalent of a toxic love affair or a raging drug habit. ;)

Started it a few weeks back, already nearly finished. :(

Wereghost wrote: »

Fantastic show, goes a bit nuts towards the end but the firs three seasons are brilliant stuff altogether. You'll wind up hating every character at some point ine show's run, I know I did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Gaius Baltar is one of the great TV characters of recent years. At least until they wasted him in the last year or so of the show.

I know a guy who named his first son 'Gaius'.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Gaius Baltar is one of the great TV characters of recent years. At least until they wasted him in the last year or so of the show.

I know a guy who named his first son 'Gaius'.

Does this end properly, hate when series don't give me closure!

Does this end properly, hate when series don't give me closure!

Define "properly" though, ambiguity is just as satisfying as a simple spelled out conclusion, (they all live ,they all die etc), plus in this case they may have left it open for further sequels.

Define "properly" though, ambiguity is just as satisfying as a simple spelled out conclusion, (they all live ,they all die etc), plus in this case they may have left it open for further sequels.

hmmm, so no then? (Joking)

I will give it a go though going by recommendations on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

One of really great things about BSG is how cinematic it was. Even the best contemporary tv shows, despite their lavish production values, tend to be very stagey in their execution, a consequence of the written word taking priority over the visuals. But Moore gave his directors and actors an enormous amount of creative leeway. As the seasons progressed they started writing shorter scripts because they found themselves frequently deleting whole scenes of dialogue and exposition in order to keep some wordless moment that was improvised on set. In some cases they even expanded single episodes into 2 parters because they had so much footage. This more cinematic approach to television was also reflected in Bear McCreary's fantastic music.

I had serious issues with how it ended, but it was a groundbreaking show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement