Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the NEXT warm spell due to Grace us again

Options
  • 05-06-2013 10:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭

When is the current warm spell due to end ?

Hopefully never!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Clemenza wrote: »
    Hopefully never!

Probably early next week. Enjoy the next few days. It's a nice summery, but unexceptional spell of weather after the weeks of poor stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

this spell of warm weather will end on Monday June 10th at 8pm in the West of Ireland and on Tuesday June 11th in all other parts.

There will be no warm weather then until the weekend after at best but thats far away to be guessing, however June will have a lot of warm weather in my opinion mixed with the cooler days. Not all cold and wet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this could already be the best summer weather we've had in 6 years, not the warmest but it's been dry and warm for about a week now which is exceptional by recent summer standards

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its not exceptional at all.

We had hotter weather at times last year for a week or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

I'm finding it impossible to sleep in this weather, however mild compared to other summers it has been, wish it would bugger off for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

Grinch! :D

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I find it difficult to sleep too, but only because my back is sunburned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

furiousox wrote: »
    Grinch! :D

I'm a miserablist :D Gimme bright at 10am, dark at 3pm, overcast and rain, waaaaaaaaaay more preferable than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

I'm finding it impossible to sleep in this weather, however mild compared to other summers it has been, wish it would bugger off for a while

Are you sure that's not because your curtains are too thin?

It's bright until 11pm and sunrise is crazy early. It drives home just how far north we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Are you sure that's not because your curtains are too thin?

It's bright until 11pm and sunrise is crazy early. It drives home just how far north we are!

yep every time i forget to close the blackout blinds we have, hardly get any sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

some chap from met eireann just said on the Ray D'arcy show that it would last through Sunday but start to break down on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dom from summer bay

Remember the first week of June 2007 was like this too then it rained for the rest of that summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Its not exceptional at all.

We had hotter weather at times last year for a week or so.

In fairness its exceptional in that the whole country has had pretty much clear skies for the last week or so. Yes you are right there were warmer weeks last year however they were just in certain parts of the country.For example I was in connemara for the second week of August last year where it was glorious and warm for 5 days however that was not replicated all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

some chap from met eireann just said on the Ray D'arcy show that it would last through Sunday but start to break down on Monday

MT has been telling us that for the past week,he's optimistic though that the warm weather will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Old diesel

zerks wrote: »
    MT has been telling us that for the past week,he's optimistic though that the warm weather will return.

If im interpretating MT correctly he seems to be suggesting that a warm ridge will start to build again after the unsettled spell early next week.

Does that mean that we will see unsettled weather early next week - but later in the week it starts to move back in the right direction again??.

Time will tell either way - but its good to see MT is optimistic about good weather returning again at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

MT is just relaying what the models are showing at the moment when talking about a return to good weather, promising signs but as anyone familiar with model watching knows there's no point reading much into it.

Monday looks fairly certain to be the last day of the settled weather with a few wet days next week but after that, who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

zerks wrote: »

I am also very optimistic - If you view the Summer FI charts thread, you will see I am the most optimistic person on the whole forum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Everything suggests it will settle down again and even the breakdown isn't going to be anything to get too depressed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I could only add that the longer term model depictions remind you more of 2005/06 than the more recent summers. There's a nice simplicity to the maps, perhaps that will prove illusory but I feel like a draw golfer looking at a left pin position right about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Am so glad I'm not the only one. I really don't enjoy this weather. I don't like the heat. I can't sleep in it. It makes me cranky. Am looking forward to some rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭kingshankly

SnowDancer wrote: »
    Am so glad I'm not the only one. I really don't enjoy this weather. I don't like the heat. I can't sleep in it. It makes me cranky. Am looking forward to some rain.

It 10/12 degrees at night time ain't exactly a sauna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

i was seeing loads of ladybirds in the last few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

i was seeing loads of ladybirds in the last few weeks

You misspelled *ladyboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Belly up next week starting Mon as normal service is resumed!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

It 10/12 degrees at night time ain't exactly a sauna

True but still warmer than usual. I'm a bad sleeper anyway but it still effects me. I also don't like the heat during the day. The light hurts my eyes a little and I burn easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

SnowDancer wrote: »
    True but still warmer than usual. I'm a bad sleeper anyway but it still effects me. I also don't like the heat during the day. The light hurts my eyes a little and I burn easily.

Ah stop, just stop! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

I'm not sure if normal service will resume in the long term. Plenty in the charts to suggest good weather will reestablish in several days time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I could only add that the longer term model depictions remind you more of 2005/06 than the more recent summers. There's a nice simplicity to the maps, perhaps that will prove illusory but I feel like a draw golfer looking at a left pin position right about now.

No good if you're a leftie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Ah FFS, i cant believe im reading this. are you albino or something:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

noooooooooo:(:(:( i want this weather to stay. but just saw some weather charts and there's rain coming. :mad::mad:

Advertisement