Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the NEXT warm spell due to Grace us again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The clouds are moving in :(
    It was good while it lasted. A 5 day summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    The clouds are moving in :(
    It was good while it lasted. A 5 day summer .

rain now into the south west.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

We cant complain,where I am we got 7 days of unbroken sunshine so a week of typical weather should not get us down.Hopefully The good weather returns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Keith96 wrote: »
    We cant complain,where I am we got 7 days of unbroken sunshine so a week of typical weather should not get us down.Hopefully The good weather returns :)

well if it goes back to the cold grey crap, i may start complaining again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well if it goes back to the cold grey crap, i may start complaining again :(

Fingers crossed We get the nice warm sunshine back sometime soon.

Was nice while it lasted..

Wouldn't say no to a good ole thunderstorm either though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well that was lovely. Off to Portugal now :D bit of rain no harm for the garden while I'm gone. And then good weather will return with me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

The north and east continue to hold out. Image at 0700. Beautiful morning here in Dundalk.

257688.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Rain radar showing activity around Galway bay and it's blowing due north.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

The ole garden could do with a drop of rain. I know I know, shoot me down, but two weeks with little rain makes the few shrubs thirsty.

G'way outta dat! We've had five years of rain!!! Haven't you saved any? :eek::P

Buy one of them rain barrels, slap on the sunscreen and chill, baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its just horrid out there, max humidity - bring on the rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Getting impatient waiting for the next band of good weather already - and its only been a day or 2 :(.

06 z GFS this morning showing higher pressure coming back from Friday week - no doubt that will change by the time Friday week actually reaches us :rolleyes:.

Mind you Accuweather is currently suggesting that there will be a good spell from around June 30/first week of july for around 6 days.

Wonder what odds a bookmaker would allow for a bet that this won't happen - far too far away :(.

Sadly there is no sign of settled weather returning. Just have to deal with a normal modern Irish summer for the next couple of weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

17.5c. I actually feel warmer today than i did during most days of the warm spell.
    The chilly sea breeze is gone and humidity is higher making it feel quite muggy. Yes I know it's a completely different story away from the east coast and the further west you go.
    suddenly up to 18.4c.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Timely little archive piece on RTE.ie, looking at the summer floods of 1963, enjoy

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2013/0611/455873-floods-in-dublin/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Quite mild here today with a current temp of 17C. Also, the first mega-heat wave of 2013 is starting to look likely for Southern and Central Europe next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fed up with the rain and miserable muck outside already - more dry, hot sunny days please!

Gonzo wrote: »
    fed up with the rain and miserable muck outside already - more dry, hot sunny days please!

Too damn right - im wondering should I just write off the summer - theres nothing concrete in terms of a return to settled weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Raining extremely hard here last 30minutes. So heavy I can hear it on the roof and im downstairs watching tv. Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Gonzo wrote: »

I hope not. My tills are down during the warm weather. Misty rain and gloom bring me more profits.

Also no air con with a metal roof it another good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Lucreto wrote: »
    I hope not. My tills are down during the warm weather. Misty rain and gloom bring me more profits.

You must have made some good profits in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 then.

Every year can't be a winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lucreto wrote: »

I hope so. My tills are up during the warm weather. Misty rain and gloom bring me less profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭pauldry

silly old models cant agree on a consensus so are going for unsettled conditions when theres surely a warm end in prospect for June methinks.

Keep positive and the sun will shine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

We have the central heating back on tonight in Cork tonight. It's really chilly.
    Amazing what a difference a bit of high pressure makes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Lashing rain here in south Dublin :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's quite a pleasant morning here in Swords, but being Ireland, the chances are this is only a brief respite.
    Still have to plaster my son in sun cream, just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Its lashing rain here in cork, where I am anyway. Some change in weather but still mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

The next settled spell might not get to us until next weekend, another week of this crap!

Jean Byrne on RTE earlier - apparently the weather on Sunday will be a lot better then predicted - some band of weather is likely to miss us - it was previously supposed to be coming over us.

High teens temps for Sunday apparently - if I heard her right - and Monday is supposed to be fairly dry too :eek:.

Gerry Murphy is clearly having a duvet day today ;).

It does back up MTs weather forecasts of the last few days - imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Old diesel wrote: »
    Jean Byrne on RTE earlier - apparently the weather on Sunday will be a lot better then predicted - some band of weather is likely to miss us - it was previously supposed to be coming over us.

High teens temps for Sunday apparently - if I heard her right - and Monday is supposed to be fairly dry too :eek:.

Gerry Murphy is clearly having a duvet day today ;).

It does back up MTs weather forecasts of the last few days - imo.
    Jean is my favourite of the RTE ladies, even if the forecast is ****e she wears something amusing to make up for it.

• Advertisement

The met error website needs updating then!

Advertisement