Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the NEXT warm spell due to Grace us again

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

SnowDancer wrote: »
    True but still warmer than usual. I'm a bad sleeper anyway but it still effects me. I also don't like the heat during the day. The light hurts my eyes a little and I burn easily.

Buy a fan, sunglasses and sunscreen, use them, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I'm a bad sleeper anyway but it still effects me. I also don't like the heat during the day. The light hurts my eyes a little and I burn easily.

buffy_sees_what_you_did.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    noooooooooo:(:(:( i want this weather to stay. but just saw some weather charts and there's rain coming. :mad::mad:

I am with you, I want it until at least October!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I'm not a fan of being too warm myself but the sun is doing wonders for my mood :D. Long may it last!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like the east coast could squeeze Monday out of it, with warmth and sunshine.

Thereafter it is downhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

True but still warmer than usual. I'm a bad sleeper anyway but it still effects me. I also don't like the heat during the day. The light hurts my eyes a little and I burn easily.

This has to be the post of the day, it made me laugh so much, i now have visions of you in a dark basement, suffering with insomnia, typing away as you wait for rain, at which point you'll jump out, umbrella in hand singing ''singing in the rain'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I Hope all of you are posting on this from your smartphones at the beach!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wouldnt complain if it stayed exactly like this till November then wintry goodness form then onwards... screw the rain we get way to much of it in this country....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭kindredspirit

Yep, the world is ending. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

God I love this country when the sun is out. Everybody is so upbeat and positive in comparison to the rest of the year where things just seem dull and miserable. Personally I find myself in way better humour. Nothing better than going football training on a warm summers evening. Another spell like it before summers out please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Definitely, such a morale boost to wake up knowing you have a great day ahead. Makes such a dramatic difference to the place as well, Galway is like another country when the suns out with the entire city out and about enjoying the weather, Mediterranean-esque in Salthill today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Middle of Winter: "It's too cold".
    Middle of Summer: "It's too warm".

Poor Mother Nature can't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

It takes 8 minutes for the suns rays to reach earth....just saying like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so it'll be warmer in 8 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Accu weather have always been.. well, accurate!! And according to them Dublin will be staying nice for the foreseeable future!! Except for one day with some rain.. So happy daze!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

GFS can't seem to make up it's mind about what's coming for next weekend on. Seems to want to throw everything in there from near Hurricane to near Heatwave. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

It definitely feels a tiny bit fresher in Cork City all of a sudden. Nothing too dramatic but there's a slight breeze that wasn't there earlier and one or two fluffy white clouds, but nothing too serious. I suspect it's going to become a little more like normal tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's amazing that something 150 million kms away can burn you to a crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Well it's ended here in Tuam already recent rain shower grey skies

MayoForSam wrote: »

Still blue skies down here in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

A little overcast here in Monaghan, but still quite warm with a nice breeze :D
    I will assume what I always assume, the good weather will stop as soon as the Leaving Cert is over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭irishgeo

So what we got in store for next weekend. I got a wedding on. Would be brilliant if it was sunny. The feel good will make the women easier to talk too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MayoForSam wrote: »

Tuam seems to be the only place in the country getting it ;)

tuuuuuuuaaaaaaaammmmmmm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

I am really enjoying this spell! I find myself reading articles about the Summer of 1976 (I remember it well, even though I was only 6), hoping we'll have similar :)

Wishful thinking, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

PippaChic wrote: »
    I am really enjoying this spell! I find myself reading articles about the Summer of 1976 (I remember it well, even though I was only 6), hoping we'll have similar :)

Wishful thinking, I know!

was 76 a scorcher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was 76 a scorcher? :eek: It was the scorcher! Though we've had the odd moment since - 83/84/95/06 and before - I remember 1973 as being a very fine summer but I was in Englerland back then so dunno if it was here.

http://4evrmanchester.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/phew-‘what-a-scorcher’-remembering-the-famous-summer-of-76/
    In the midst of a relatively severe drought, temperatures reached 80°F (26.7°C) every single day between 22nd June and 16th July and reached a staggering 90°F (32.2°C) every single day for 15 consecutive days including 5 days at 95°F (35°C) – PHEW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Frontal cloud not far off the Kerry coast now. IR image at 10.20pm.

257643.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

The ole garden could do with a drop of rain. I know I know, shoot me down, but two weeks with little rain makes the few shrubs thirsty.

Definitely some more ominous looking clouds over Cork just as the last traces of dusk faded into night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

feel like father jack right now "feck off rain"

Advertisement