Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer FI Charts 2013

Options
  • 11-05-2013 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭

The snowbies have theirs, why cant we that love sun and warmth have our fantasy island charts :)

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=168&mode=0

Something that isnt blue - 7 days from now :)

18may.jpg

but we have to get through a lot of rubbish before we get to that :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've already written off this summer. I just find its psychologically wiser for me to do that. Expect the worst - it might not happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

ukmaxtemp.png
    only gives 17/18 degrees for one day back to 11/12 the following day
    ukwind.png
    predicting a northwesterly for that day also,tis slippping bye again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

even one day would be nice.

didnt somebody on here predict the 17th/18th for Summer ? or was that the 17th/18th of June ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

mike65 wrote: »
    I've already written off this summer. I just find its psychologically wiser for me to do that. Expect the worst - it might not happen!

Me too. The similarity between May 2013 and my recollection of May 2009 are alarming.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures will barely hit double figures over the next week and plenty of showers about, not exactly what we want for mid-May. The fire and central heating will be on for another week at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

I dont expect a cold summer at all just a cold may.

Think June will be Ok with some warm sunshine even though there will be days with heavy showers

As for July I have no idea except what usually is the most positive thing that happens is that the South and East get dry and the North and West get mist and drizzle so I think this might be the case.

However the temperatures of 8 to 12c in May will not be repeated in June and July in my opinion. We may get 18 to 20c on a good few days or better, especially in June

Saturday now not looking as warm as it once was, but the rest of the week continuing to improve :)

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=192&mode=0

It's coming! It just has to be!

96 Hours from now ( 4 days )

gfs-0-96.png?6

120 hours from now ( 5 days )

gfs-0-120.png?6?6

240 hours from now ( 10 days )

gfs-0-240.png?6

Even met eireann's 5 day forecast is giving us a good run after saturday night :)

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

*prays like a pious 5 year old*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Charts look nice for some real +20C weather for at least a day or two, maybe more - esp inland obviously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Those charts are still mainly showing north east or north west airflow, albeit from maritime tropical air thats collapsing back south so it'll at least be warm, probably low cloud and drizzle in the north and west though. ECMWF has a nice polar NW'erly for next week so nothing too warm on the horizon yet

ECM1-168_cgh9.GIF

Harps wrote: »
    Those charts are still mainly showing north east or north west airflow, albeit from maritime tropical air thats collapsing back south so it'll at least be warm, probably low cloud and drizzle in the north and west though. ECMWF has a nice polar NW'erly for next week so nothing too warm on the horizon yet

ECM1-168_cgh9.GIF

Wrong thread!

This is the fantasy island for people who like warm sunny weather :) - none of your polar cold wet things in here please :p

Believe me I'm firmly in your camp, cold weather loses its novelty around February never mind late May! As I mentioned last week, I've only experienced 15C once since last October so even one day around 18C would feel almost tropical at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Believe me I'm firmly in your camp, cold weather loses its novelty around February never mind late May! As I mentioned last week, I've only experienced 15C once since last October so even one day around 18C would feel almost tropical at this stage

Then your luck is about to change. Even the NW should be nudging 20C early next week. Vast difference from the horror show ye had during the East's fine spell a couple of weeks back.

Edit.

GFS Temps Tuesday Afternoon.

ukmaxtemp.png

Starting to look good for next week, no major heat or anything but it will definitely accelerate grass growth. I like the GFS in FI though, thats when the real fun would start but before we get there lets all enjoy the first few days of next week (and possibly beyond).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Sunny with cool Northerly air is all I see.

Once it's dry I don't mind too much either way.

Nabber wrote: »
    Sunny with cool Northerly air is all I see.

Once it's dry I don't mind too much either way.

will definitely feel cool around the coastal margins, but a km or two inland and it will feel summery. Anyways, the strength of the sun will offset the cooler breezes

so the current sunny/cloudy/warm/cool spell is going to continue until the weekend more or less and then things are looking like they might turn to sh!te for a while :(

however, the charts are looking very interesting for the bank holiday weekend coming up!

gfs-0-276.png?12?12

Looks nice!

But how about this - 6th of June!!!!

gfs-0-384.png?12?12

HO LEE JEBUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

so the current sunny/cloudy/warm/cool spell is going to continue until the weekend more or less and then things are looking like they might turn to sh!te for a while :(

however, the charts are looking very interesting for the bank holiday weekend coming up!

gfs-0-276.png?12?12

Looks nice!

But how about this - 6th of June!!!!

gfs-0-384.png?12?12

HO LEE JEBUS!
    I predict that chart will signal the start of 2 scorching weeks. Cos I'm going to portugal that time :D

km79 wrote: »
    I predict that chart will signal the start of 2 scorching weeks. Cos I'm going to portugal that time :D

think the leaving cert starts around that time too :)

College exams been on in Athlone for the last week aswell - ( typical! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Next week looking wet for the south and west

13052706_2200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Nabber wrote: »
    Next week looking wet for the south and west

13052706_2200.gif

Boo hiss!! We don't want to see those images in here please!

Remember August 1995?

16iwm68.jpg

mike65 wrote: »
    Remember August 1995?

omg, its almost exactly the same!

well here's hoping! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Rrea00118870626.gif

This please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Danno wrote: »
    Rrea00118870626.gif

This please!

Got very excited looking at this chart my heart has just sunk I only looked at the date at the top now:(

Only 384 hours away..

gfs-0-384_ook3.png

its so close, i can almost touch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Only 384 hours away..

gfs-0-384_ook3.png
    The day I go to Portugal !!!!

• Advertisement

gfs-0-276.png?12?12

Looks nice!

gfs-0-54.png?12?12

you wouldnt have thought these two charts were posted 10 days apart! A victory for Fantasy Island! :D

Advertisement