Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer FI Charts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

But how about this - 6th of June!!!!

gfs-0-384.png?12?12

HO LEE JEBUS!

The 6th of June still looks good, but not AS good as before :)

gfs-0-150.png?12?12

Next Weekend ::

gfs-0-192.png?12?12

And the weekend after that ???

gfs-0-384.png?12?12

In your face snowbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

What sort of temperatures would we be looking at with those? I have a grasp of Winter FI charts but haven't a clue about Summer FI :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    What sort of temperatures would we be looking at with those? I have a grasp of Winter FI charts but haven't a clue about Summer FI :pac:

High teens/low 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a weird little low pressure area wandering like a drunk around Biscay in these charts, a curious feature as its not associated with a broader swath of low pressure.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    There is a weird little low pressure area wandering like a drunk around Biscay in these charts, a curious feature as its not associated with a broader swath of low pressure.

the little drunk low is continuing on until Sunday by the looks of things and then it disappears into the continent when Our next spell of cooler, wetter weather comes in for early next week.

Encouraging signs though as it seems like the bulk of the atlantic low wont hit us full on and high pressure looks to try and build again coming towards the following weekend.

Woohoo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

the little drunk low is continuing on until Sunday by the looks of things and then it disappears into the continent when Our next spell of cooler, wetter weather comes in for early next week.

Encouraging signs though as it seems like the bulk of the atlantic low wont hit us full on and high pressure looks to try and build again coming towards the following weekend.

Woohoo! :)

Nice to hear of high pressure trying to build again for the following weekend - MT seems to be making similar noises this morning.

Hate hearing of rain though - yes you need a certain amount - but I always fear that if it starts it won't stop.

Good signs for the solstice :)

gfs-0-312.png?18?18

It's ONLY 372 hours away ;)

gfs-0-372.png?6?6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

gfs-0-372.png?6?6

To be fair, that Azores high nudging closer to us, has been a theme for 2 or 3 days now, on GFS at any rate. Yes, in FI, but this current unsettled spell may run its course in ten days or so, and then as MT has also suggested, we may get our summer back.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

gfs-0-372.png?6?6

:eek: - what a beautiful chart - have you seen the 12 z run - its showing pressure building next Monday.

Would be great if the good weather could return - having withdrawal symptoms already - and its only been 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*warning live image*

Rtavn19217.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Not looking as good as it was a few days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I wouldn't have much confidence in anything +72h at the moment, models have been having big problems resolving what that low thats currently around Newfoundland is going to do. Yesterday it passed right over us, the latest GFS has it diving as far south as Morocco so no consistency at all yet.

Harps wrote: »
    I wouldn't have much confidence in anything +72h at the moment, models have been having big problems resolving what that low thats currently around Newfoundland is going to do. Yesterday it passed right over us, the latest GFS has it diving as far south as Morocco so no consistency at all yet.

Fantasy Island isnt about confidence and consistency. It's about hopes and dreams and the thoughts of what might be! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

:cool:

gfs-0-300_lnm5.png

^^ Bring that right on. I like how it has midnight temps in the 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

When are the start of August charts coming out, I know that they wont be reliable until 5/6 days in advance but might get an indication as to what it ll be like?

Planning a bbq for son's first birthday either the august bank holiday or the following week, weather dependent.

August is a bit of a stretch but how does 7 days from now suit ya ?

gfs-0-162.png?6?12

Sexy!

A victory for Fantasy Island! :D
    Harps wrote: »
    :cool:

gfs-0-300_lnm5.png

The Next Hopeful Victory!

Sunday 21st of July!

gfs-0-264.png?18?18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I'm looking at this monthly chart from accuweather.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/july-weather/207931

Anyone have any insight as to when would be a good bunch of days to take off work?!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The last 7.......

Failing that go immediately, although the weather is set to cool off by 4 or 5 degrees over the weekend, it will remain very good by Irish standards out to 12 days or so from now, possibly warming up again to current levels in a weeks time

Beyond that there would be little certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The last 7.......

Failing that go immediately, although the weather is set to cool off by 4 or 5 degrees over the weekend, it will remain very good by Irish standards out to 12 days or so from now, possibly warming up again to current levels in a weeks time

Beyond that there would be little certainty

Thanks loads!
    I can't afford to go abroad so I'll be in my element if I pick good days to take my leave on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Lunaarli wrote: »
    Thanks loads!
    I can't afford to go abroad so I'll be in my element if I pick good days to take my leave on :)

I think people would be mad to take a foreign holiday this summer. This is the best country in the world when the sun is out. Enjoy your holidays. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

telekon wrote: »
    I think people would be mad to take a foreign holiday this summer. This is the best country in the world when the sun is out. Enjoy your holidays. :)

I absolutely agree. We were on the beach in Wexford yesterday and the water was clear, really warm and the sand was perfect - just gorgeous! It was like being in the caribbean, you know with that lovely warm breeze that we so rarely get in ireland. When I get home I'll post some pics

The Mother, Father and Fairy Godmother of All Plumes.

BnuHTBk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

BnuHTBk.png

The Fairy Godmother would want a pretty big wand for that to come to fruition!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

BnuHTBk.png

I know it's prob unlikely to happen but what kind of temps would we be talking about here?!

More entertainment from the NAVGEM this morning.

This is it's output for next Saturday 6pm :

lg0k6Qr.jpg

The dark orange area is 30-35. The small brown area, thats 35+.....

Just remember this is the FI thread when this doesn't happen. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

More entertainment from the NAVGEM this morning.

This is it's output for next Saturday 6pm :

lg0k6Qr.jpg

The dark orange area is 30-35. The small brown area, thats 35+.....

Just remember this is the FI thread when this doesn't happen. ;)

Be hotter than florida lol

How likely would it be to happen to even hit the mid 30s here

Advertisement