Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 constant cravings

A question for those of you who have been working there for a while... could you tell me what you like about the place ?? And also perhaps what you least like about it - just trying to get an idea of what day to day life feels like for a Service Advisor.

Do you find the days long and very repetitive or do they go pretty quick etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sexyfirepants

Have my first assessment on Tuesday, finally! Had applied to full-time originally, then asked to consider going part-time, and I did as it suited better, but now been asked to go for full-time again?

Just wondering is it a possibility that I can transfer to part-time after training?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 friendlybee

Just read few posts ago about shifts...I read you work 7 days in a row then 2 days off then 3 days on....so shifts are not 5 days on 2 days off?

Can anyone advise of this, please?

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DubGuy1976

At the moment, it's two 7day weeks in a row. Sat-Friday 8.30am-5pm, off Sat and Sun then back in Mon-Sun 2.30-11pm. After that, you're off Mon & Tue, in Wed,Thur & Fri and then off the weekend.

Awful shifts

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

DubGuy1976 wrote: »
    At the moment, it's two 7day weeks in a row. Sat-Friday 8.30am-5pm, off Sat and Sun then back in Mon-Sun 2.30-11pm. After that, you're off Mon & Tue, in Wed,Thur & Fri and then off the weekend.

Awful shifts

in week 3, when you work wed, thurs, fri, is this 8:30 until 5?

I take it everybody does this 3 week pattern but just at different start points?

• Advertisement

Awful shifts

You're right. Thanks for the info. I gathered that would happen. I wonder will the shifts get better or is this the norm to work two 7 day weeks every month??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jessieot

Hi All, I received a call this morning to say I was successful at the 1st stage which I had yesterday, I have been invited back for second stage Thursday. Can anyone tell me what is involved they mentioned group exercises? has anyone any information they could send me on this stage? as in what exactly happens in group stage, also how long it takes etc. Thank you for your previous hlp, really appreciate it, Thank You Jess

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GEORGIEPORGIE

jessieot wrote: »
    Hi All, I received a call this morning to say I was successful at the 1st stage which I had yesterday, I have been invited back for second stage Thursday. Can anyone tell me what is involved they mentioned group exercises? has anyone any information they could send me on this stage? as in what exactly happens in group stage, also how long it takes etc. Thank you for your previous hlp, really appreciate it, Thank You Jess

Hi Jessieot...

My wife is due in tomorrow for a first stage assessment interview for the same position ? Any chance you could send a pm with how it went and what to expect - any help will be greatly appreciated ! Just got off the phone and I'm sensing she is starting to get nervous.

Cheers......

liffeylite wrote: »
    in week 3, when you work wed, thurs, fri, is this 8:30 until 5?

I take it everybody does this 3 week pattern but just at different start points?

No, at the moment, it's 1-9.30pm.

There are 6 shifts at the moment in retentions.

2.30-11pm (generally a 7day week, Mon-Sun)
    1-9.30pm (generally a 3day week, Wed-Fri)
    12.30-9pm (Mon-Fri)
    11-7.30pm (Mon-Fri)
    9.30-6pm (Mon-Wed)
    8.30-5pm (generally a 7day week, Sat-Fri)

Then you repeat the pattern.

As pointed out already, shifts change at short notice. My team done three 7day weeks in 5. At the beginning, we were told one 7day week in 6 and then it changed to two 7day weeks in 6. God only knows what changes are next.

You're right. Thanks for the info. I gathered that would happen. I wonder will the shifts get better or is this the norm to work two 7 day weeks every month??

There are part time staff starting this week, I think, so maybe that will change the shifts or help reduce the number of weekend shifts for full time staff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Part-timers are hitting the floor shortly (as in this week) and it should be pointed out Sky is in the process of ramp up so all bets are off to be fair.

What are the shifts for sales advisors and service advisors?

are they the same as the retention staff?

I think service only work until 9pm, so their shifts would be different.

Not 100% sure about attractions. When I began my training, I think there were four shifts, but I heard they too were changing to six shifts, but I can't confirm that.

Not 100% sure about attractions. When I began my training, I think there were four shifts, but I heard they too were changing to six shifts, but I can't confirm that.

PTs for attraction and retention are currently on 5 hour shifts with no word on changing. That said... :D

Oh the shifts are so confusing......now there different type of job specs for different positions so retention, attraction, sales, service, etc.....I wonder what will I be getting once the training is over as a FT service advisor?!!

PTs for attraction and retention are currently on 5 hour shifts with no word on changing. That said... :D

So, any changes on FT shifts now that PTs are on the floor?

Oh the shifts are so confusing......now there different type of job specs for different positions so retention, attraction, sales, service, etc.....I wonder what will I be getting once the training is over as a FT service advisor?!!

Get used to it with Sky. You must be "flexible" as things change very quickly.

So, any changes on FT shifts now that PTs are on the floor?

Who knows but there are 45 going to retention and 15 going to attraction all told they will be working evenings.

Get used to it with Sky. You must be "flexible" as things change very quickly.

Have no problem with change and I will get used to it...used to work flexis

Who knows but there are 45 going to retention and 15 going to attraction all told they will be working evenings.

was told 45 starting training on 10th June including me!

• Advertisement

was told 45 starting training on 10th June including me!

Are you lot service though?

Are you lot service though?

Not sure if its mixed or all service advisor?!! What about your training were they all one or mixed?

Not sure if its mixed or all service advisor?!! What about your training were they all one or mixed?

June intake, to my knowledge, is all service advisors. Could be wrong - ask your trainer when you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What are the shifts for sales advisors and service advisors?

are they the same as the retention staff?
    <removed on request of the user>

CMpunked wrote: »

what are the shifts for service advisors?

are they on a 4 week rota?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Has anybody got the recruitment phone number by any chance?

Edit I got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Have my welcome night tomorrow , starting Monday , can anybody advise of a cheap car park or somewhere to park for the 7 am start?

• Advertisement

RVN10 wrote: »
    Have my welcome night tomorrow , starting Monday , can anybody advise of a cheap car park or somewhere to park for the 7 am start?

There is parking around the place but none of it it cheap. Make sure the ticket is well displayed, you're not an inch out of the bay or an inch on a double yellow line or you'll be clamped. It's a daily occurrence - something like the second most clamped place in Dublin.

Best thing to do is rent a parking space off daft or that other crowd - I think it's Dublinparking.ie but GIYF.

Advertisement