Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And Leanne talking / flirting with Gary. When have they ever spoken to each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Very poor show tonight. As has been said already, the cake thing was totally overdone and zippy fireman Paul referred to Todd as his future "son-in-law". How weird is that?

Julie's mother has a fall and breaks her hip. The way they were talking it made it sound as if she was really old. But isn't Julie's mother supposed to have been a schoolfriend of Eileens so she would hardly be ready for the care home just yet! I know they have to write Julie out but this was a bit ridiculous.

I liked Leanne last night. Is she really the only one who can see through Karl?

The scene at the end in the Bistro was ridiculous. As if Stella, Karl and Gloria would just march in and more or less demand "investment" from Leanne. Back at the house, they had already discussed how hostile Leanne was and how they'd have to be "ruthless" to get her on side. And instead of Stella taking her our for a quiet drink and trying to get back on good terms and then offering her a share in the pub as an olive branch, they troop in all guns blazing with Karl (whose the very reason why Leanne and Stella have fallen out) along with them. Not a very logical way to get the money that they so desperately need. No thought given either to the fact that Owen or any of his family or connections might have been in the Bistro and overheard the conversation so that he might possibly get an inkling that Stellas broke.

The Peter/Carla v Rob/Tracey thing is just a rerun of Peter/Carla v Nick/Leanne. Old hat rehashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Radio5 wrote: »
    Julie's mother has a fall and breaks her hip. The way they were talking it made it sound as if she was really old. But isn't Julie's mother supposed to have been a schoolfriend of Eileens so she would hardly be ready for the care home just yet! I know they have to write Julie out but this was a bit ridiculous.

I believe Eileen and Julie are sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

gubbie wrote: »
    do they have the same mum? maybe they have the same dad as Eileen didn't seem upset that her mother broke a hip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Same father, 2 different mothers ;)

As for Julies mam breaking her hip, that can happen at any age. Just read a thread in AHs where a 54 year old man had broken his 2 hips. Eileen is just over 50 so its feasible that Julies mam would be around the same age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

casio4 wrote: »
    do they have the same mum? maybe they have the same dad as Eileen didn't seem upset that her mother broke a hip

I believe they have the same daddy, but different mammies..I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kevin Webster's house
    Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Kevin's house, while he is "away looking after his father"

Thanks for this. Next question..who looks after Kevin's little son now that he is "away" ? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thanks for this. Next question..who looks after Kevin's little son now that he is "away" ? :o

He's gone with him to Germany ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Eileen was best friends with Julie's mother when they were teenagers. Eileen's father groomed and abused Julie's mother, resulting in Julie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Jikashi wrote: »
    *bashes in Stella's door* Next payment on the Rovers job is due!

[A fortnight later, watching Friday's episodes, exactly that happens]

4899-shock.gif

Oh, nice one, boards-reading Corrie writers. I'll accept cash or credit transfer, or you can pay me in kind by having the next Ken-replacing B-plot involve Faye being abducted by aliens and the whole street's memory of her existence erased. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The cake thing was stupid. How many times did Jason wander in and tackle Eileen for rooting with the cake? What was the big deal about it anyway..fcuk sake. He should've left the woman in piece. Then off out he went and him with the big brown skidmark the cake left on his t-shirt?! State of him!

Burning the top layer wasn't a reason for dumping it Jason you stupid eejit:mad: Slicing the top off it and smearing jam and icing over it was an easy remedy. The whole timing of this story was wrong.The greedy woman only waited an hour before laying into it as well. Surely she should've left it to 'cool upside down on a wire tray before icing'? She probably sat staring at the oven 'til it was cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is gone with Kevin so presumably Pam (Molly's aunt) who is Bill's girlfriend will be looking after him in Germany while Kevin minds Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

well this was bound to happen sooner of later
    Tina McIntyre is left shellshocked as Gary Windass makes a move on her later this month.

Tina McIntyre is left shellshocked as Gary Windass makes a move on her later this month.

Owen will batter him :P

Wow didn't see that coming. Oh wait yeah i did.

That is going to be an awkward scene.

Tina:"Ah, Gar-eh, is this a joke?"
    Gary:"No babes, we could be so good together..."
    Tina:"What about Iz-zeh?"
    Gary:"She doesnt need to know does she? You tellin' me you don't want a bit of this?"
    <Gary points at horrible ginger face>
    Tina:"Gar-eh, I think Im gonna be sick. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

When did Stella and Leanne get so close as mother and daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That last seen with Karl and Stella in the kitchen, if you re-watch it you will notice that Karl is speaking almost entirely in cliches. Two possibilities, either Karl is a walking cliche and this was done intentionally to hammer home that point, or it was poor writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Months ago

Never seen the bookies do so much business before :rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Never seen the bookies do so much business before :rolleyes:

Since when did Tyrone gamble?

And a 48 quid pay out from a 50p stake is bad news for Peter. A possible downside of new punters, is new winners.

• Advertisement

Let Karl and Owen batter each other to death please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I never watch it and I'm hooked;)

Will Owen meet Karls face with his crowbar?

Can't wait til half 8!

I never watch it and I'm hooked;)

Will Owen meet Karls face with his crowbar?

Can't wait til half 8!

Dont count on it. That would result in hospitalisation for a long time for Karl and prison for Owen and we, the viewer aren't that lucky.

Great the way they changed Karl into a harder guy than Owen over time, and culminated all that in that scene showing Karl so tall and Owen as a small vunerable man

syklops wrote: »
    Since when did Tyrone gamble?

And a 48 quid pay out from a 50p stake is bad news for Peter. A possible downside of new punters, is new winners.

Maybe his spell in prison taught him 'you only live once' :D

Great the way they changed Karl into a harder guy than Owen over time, and culminated all that in that scene showing Karl so tall and Owen as a small vunerable man

According to Corrie writers, Jim "Former Paratrooper" McDonald isn't as hard as Owen "Scary Builder" whatshisname. And Owen "Scary Builder" thingie isn't as hard as Karl "I have a problem with gambling" Four-Fingers.

Riiiight.

Edit:And they turned Anna into a bitch.

Is there really only one restaurant in all of Manchester? The Bistro.

Sally has to keep Kevin informed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

New punters winning is good for a bookie they'll be back

• Advertisement

Nice and appetizing there - David Pratt yawning into the food he is serving, yuk!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement