Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Nice and appetizing there - David Pratt yawning into the food he is serving, yuk!

It seems he is written to be a doofus, when he is waiting tables. Maybe so that Kylie can make it to look easy? That 'taking the chip out of peters hand' bit the other night was ridiculous. What real person would do that? Especially considering how cheap chips are. A normal person would admit their mistake and page the kitchen for a fresh bowl of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

efb wrote: »
    When did Stella and Leanne get so close as mother and daughter?

Always liked Leanne's relationship with Janice more myself

Do Carla and Peter only ever go to the Bistro now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Always liked Leanne's relationship with Janice more myself

Do Carla and Peter only ever go to the Bistro now :rolleyes:

Old wounds heal quickly on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Karl looked about 6ft tall there beside Owen.( Imagine how ginormous he'd look beside Tiny Paul:eek:). Lately he's strongly reminding me of Dave in the Royle Family...the way he speaks in that croaky voice. I hate the way Stella acts so fragile and delicately 'female' beside' him, burying her face in his manly shoulder for protection and comfort...it doesn't suit her:confused:.

I hate the way David says 'Bay..beh' with his puffy mouth....it drives me mental:(.

C'mon Tina, are ya dense???!!..Creeeepy Gary is drooling all over your lino for Jaysus sake!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

syklops wrote: »
    Wow didn't see that coming. Oh wait yeah i did.

That is going to be an awkward scene.

Tina:"Ah, Gar-eh, is this a joke?"
    Gary:"No babes, we could be so good together..."
    Tina:"What about Iz-zeh?"
    Gary:"She doesnt need to know does she? You tellin' me you don't want a bit of this?"
    <Gary points at horrible ginger face>
    Tina:"Gar-eh, I think Im gonna be sick. "

Arrgh! Thought you were going to show Gareh pointing down :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

How come David is so tired. It's a bank holiday weekend, the hairdressers would not have been open since Saturday and how has Sean has worked 2 jobs without being so tired:eek::eek::eek:.

cofy wrote: »
    How come David is so tired. It's a bank holiday weekend, the hairdressers would not have been open since Saturday and how has Sean has worked 2 jobs without being so tired:eek::eek::eek:.

I imagine it's part of a new storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I imagine it's part of a new storyline

Isn't he going to have an epileptic fit soon, probably from being overworked, maybe,

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

cofy wrote: »
    all he seems to do in the hairdressers is make tea and now and again he sweeps the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I be watching Old EE

Karl(Corrie) pulls lan back from stella lol 9.15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9kyf5XoJl58#t=550s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tindie wrote: »
    I be watching Old EE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9kyf5XoJl58#t=550s

creepy, he's been stalking her since the 90's! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I really don't want Owen to have a share in the pub. Even the crowbar thing, he's just rubbish.

Tindie wrote: »
    I be watching Old EE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9kyf5XoJl58#t=550s[/QUOTE]

Well done for finding that little gem:)...the big innocent head of Karl in the background:D.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    all he seems to do in the hairdressers is make tea and now and again he sweeps the floor.

Yeah! ...and take Mrs Thistlethwaite or Mrs Posselthwaite or Mrs Heffelsham's coats (the clearly made up names are so stupid....like Postman Pat villagers:rolleyes:
    He's getting on my nerves all excited about this bay-beh! Gary's baby mad too..wtf's with the men in this show with their mad baby interests?.It's just not normal.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah! ...and take Mrs Thistlethwaite or Mrs Posselthwaite or Mrs Heffelsham's coats (the clearly made up names are so stupid....like Postman Pat villagers:rolleyes:
    He's getting on my nerves all excited about this bay-beh! Gary's baby mad too..wtf's with the men in this show with their mad baby interests?.It's just not normal.

Morwen Thistlethwaite Professor of Mathematics would disagree that his name is made up, as would talented, and sadly recently departed Actor, Pete Posselthwaite, though admittedly, he spells his name slightly differently.

As for the baby mad men, I used to work with a few guys who practically had proud dad tattooed on their chests. Everything revolved around their kids, and they went out of their way to tell you they were a proud Dad, and what amazing thing their little angel had done today. It started to get annoying after a while about 60 seconds.

Morwen Thistlethwaite Professor of Mathematics would disagree that his name is made up, as would talented, and sadly recently departed Actor, Pete Posselthwaite, though admittedly, he spells his name slightly differently.

As for the baby mad men, I used to work with a few guys who practically had proud dad tattooed on their chests. Everything revolved around their kids, and they went out of their way to tell you they were a proud Dad, and what amazing thing their little angel had done today. It started to get annoying after a while about 60 seconds.

I knew there was a Posselthwaite name but I thought I invented the other two:D... by 'made up' I meant not your everyday names.. all long posh names like that...all very kids tea partyish. 'Would you like crumpet with your coffee, Mrs Ramsbottom?'

Ann22 wrote: »
    I knew there was a Posselthwaite name but I thought I invented the other two:D... by 'made up' I meant not your everyday names.. all long posh names like that...all very kids tea partyish. 'Would you like crumpet with your coffee, Mrs Ramsbottom?'

You're watching a british soap, but I know what you mean. You would swear only people with posh names get their hair done.

I used to work in a call centre and we had to verify the account details using the famous mothers maiden name. This guy rings up one day with a strong cockney accent, everything is "bruv this and bruv that, init?", so I go to him that I need his mothers maiden name and he goes, "oh you dont want mine you want the wife's, init? Ye, its cold-arse", and I didn't quite catch and I asked him to repeat it, and he goes "Ye, check it bruv thats what it is, cold-arse", and I check it, and the recorded mothers maiden name is "Winterbottom". I said, "close enough".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Lol
    Syklops i Just had to thank that post more than once :):)

You're watching a british soup, but I know what you mean. You would swear only people with posh names get their hair done.

I used to work in a call centre and we had to verify the account details using the famous mothers maiden name. This guy rings up one day with a strong cockney accent, everything is "bruv this and bruv that, init?", so I go to him that I need his mothers maiden name and he goes, "oh you dont want mine you want the wife's, init? Ye, its cold-arse", and I didn't quite catch and I asked him to repeat it, and he goes "Ye, check it bruv thats what it is, cold-arse", and I check it, and the recorded mothers maiden name is "Winterbottom". I said, "close enough".

Would you believe my sister also worked in a call centre and received a call from a Mr Winterbottom:D.....she had an urge to laugh but restrained herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Talking of funny names, if I was Fay I'd be asking to use her Dad's name. Imagine going through school with a name like Windass :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

just one question, how does your one in the wheel chair get up those steps that are infront of the knicker factory ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

A V A wrote: »
    just one question, how does your one in the wheel chair get up those steps that are infront of the knicker factory ???

She goes in a seperate door closer to Gail's house.

jos28 wrote: »
    Talking of funny names, if I was Fay I'd be asking to use her Dad's name. Imagine going through school with a name like Windass :D

It's an unbelieveably awful name:(...way back in Saxon times someone with bowel probs prob was the first one.. Remember when they came into it first, they were a real rough crowd, Anna was so pushy and overbearing not the sweet kind lady she is today...Gary was a thug and the father was like Les. Speaking of Les...the Battersbys were the same..a terrible name and really common. After a while they toned it down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Gail not work in the Bistro any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

A V A wrote: »

I was wondering how she gets up to their flat!
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Stella and Karl's engagement party was a bizarre one, all couples that have nought to do wi each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Stella and Karl's engagement party was a bizarre one, all couples that have nought to do wi each other.

ya since when are michelle and sella buddy buddy????.... and ****n rita? seriously last year her and Gloria were at war over Gloria flirting with her husband and now they all pally too???

that owens a right twit- he was told Gloria was paying for the champagne and he still roars his head off- its got bloody nothing to do with him!!!:mad: He be more in mind to keep an eye on Gary tryn to dry hump Tina than what Stellas doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Gail not work in the Bistro any more?

Nick either sacked her or she waked out when she found out about Kyle and Nic sleeping together. Can't remenber which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Except for the Roy Haley story, the show was bad. The Price/Windass/ Armstrong stuff was horrible. I will not not watch that _hite from now on. I am boycotting the idiots families.

• Advertisement

that owens a right twit- he was told Gloria was paying for the champagne and he still roars his head off- its got bloody nothing to do with him!!!:mad:

Lol, Owen is such a hypocrite and David(for once) showed him as being thick. Owen goes "I need an overdraft to eat, and their cracking open the Champagne".

First off, then why are you in the bistro to begin with Owen?

Secondly, David replies to him "It's Prosecco", which he got annoyed about. He didnt realise Prosecco is an italian sparkling wine which is about a 10th of the price of a bottle of 'cheap' champagne. FYI, O'Briens Wines have a special on this month, 2 bottles for 9 euros each.

And what kind of a wind bag goes from scrimping and saving to buy into the pub, while continuing to dine at the bistro, and then changes track and decides to sue instead. Muppet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement