Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

jeoun wrote: »
    So there is NO WHERE else for Carla and Peter to eat! Oh let's go to the restaurant owned by the ex wife who just ripped you off! So realistic!!
    Surely there has to be at least one take-away in the whole of Manchester!!?

Jikashi wrote: »
    Throwaway gag, yes, but i would love if it was foreshadowing a later storyline, involving a...spree, of some description...
    Oooooh, don't get my hopes up! I'm already mentally running through the list of victims that I'd *cough* Faye *cough* like to see horribly murdered!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Posy wrote: »
    Surely there has to be at least one take-away in the whole of Manchester!!?

They live between a chipper's and a kebab shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else disappointed that Owen hasn't smacked Ryan yet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

LizT wrote: »
    Shhhhh... apparently the Coronation Street writers haven't told Peter or Carla this!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

I like Leanne more than the rest of the Prices. Leanne's laughing because Carla went behind Peter's back to buy her I thought was funny, given their history. Ryan does look more like Michelle's boyfriend than son. Ryan seems way to old for Katy. Ryan and Katy barely know each other and she broke up her kids home for him? Gail was off the rails, foaming at the mouth, now its happy family?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ann22 wrote: »
    I suspect Chris Gascoigne was enjoying the Carla snog at the end. She fairly laid into his face...betcha he had loins stirrings:p.

I'd imagine the poor lad had to have a cold shower after anyway! Very well done nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

LizT wrote: »

I just cant picture Carla eating chips from a bag or a big sloppy kebab :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I do too :o

I hate Peter with Carla, she only bought Leanne out of the bookies because she is jealous

Ryan and Katy look so wrong together

Ryan and Katy I think look v well together better than with the manchild Chesney

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Gary is the biggest creep ever, uh he's making my skin crawl!bailing into the bistro interrupting Tina and Tommy's lunch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    Gary is the biggest creep ever, uh he's making my skin crawl!bailing into the bistro interrupting Tina and Tommy's lunch!!

And now the wedding ring!!!

• Advertisement

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    And now the wedding ring!!!

He's being a bit sleazy alright. Looked quite happy when Tommy lost the plot too!

Not so much that I want Faye murdered as I want the whole clan to mover away, soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When are we being introduced to the new Rovers? Miss the owl place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Might as well ask cos I know we're all thinking it: where are Katy's bestest friends that spend every morning noon and night with her in the Rovers, cafe, home and clubs few weeks ago? I really thought they were to be the next big Corrie greats

Jikashi wrote: »
    Might as well ask cos I know we're all thinking it: where are Katy's bestest friends that spend every morning noon and night with her in the Rovers, cafe, home and clubs few weeks ago? I really thought they were to be the next big Corrie greats

It was fairly obvious that they were only about to big up the whole Ryan thing. They've disappeared back to where they came now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What did Paul say he was going doing in Yorkshire? I didn't catch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Chucken wrote: »
    What did Paul say he was going doing in Yorkshire? I didn't catch it.

Firefighting

Tracey and Deirdre likes Rob to be all mouth and no trousers :P surprised Deirdre's specs don't steam up when she leers at Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

So thats where Kevin is, in Germany.I thought he was been investigated with an alleged crime, silly me........:P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm so happy handsome Paul is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

gubbie wrote: »
    I'm so happy handsome Paul is back!

Luas-bus.jpg

:rolleyes:

Pauls going there for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Tracey and Deirdre likes Rob to be all mouth and no trousers :P surprised Deirdre's specs don't steam up when she leers at Rob

Deirdre's become a sort of comic character...a brainless half wit of a woman who lusts over young fellas and is a mindless gossip. Whereas okay..before this she was prone to leaping onto the nearest man who pointed his groin in her general direction alright but she had a serious side to her that we don't see now. Not that I'm bothered about it or anything, just an observation.

I really enjoyed Steve and Lloyd tonight:D...two headers.

Happy to see Tommy and Tyrone pals again. I hate to look at Fizz eating or kissing or even talking..there's something about her mouth. I don't think she uses her tiny teeth at all, just her lips and gums. Her eyes annoy me too...I struggle to explain why, they're stary or something.

I'd like to shake Tina for not seeing through weirdo Gary...i'm sure she has to sense something in his behaviour, he's so touchy feely. I really hope she's not enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I missed a bit of it earlier too, I'm assuming a bit didn't record. One minute Eileen was trundling down the platform, next thing she was back on the sofa. I saw a photo in one of the prog mags of Tiny Paul sitting in a (probably elevated car seat) in the train but I didn't see that bit at all. Hope the two of them go off somewhere together..I know he's supposed to be leaving but I haven't heard anything about her going. She never changes her mood, she behaves the exact same way whether she's happy or sad. Just drags herself miserably around the place making the odd smart comment and rolling her eyes.

John Michie will leave the soap later this year, reports have revealed.

The actor, who plays Weatherfield villain Karl Munro, has recently signed a six-month contract extension to see his character's storyline out to its rightful conclusion, according to the Daily Star.

Karl's exit is understood to be a storyline-led decision as fans will naturally be expecting a comeuppance for the schemer after he set fire to the Rovers Return and killed Sunita Alahan.

The pub blaze and its aftermath has become one of the year's biggest storylines, so show bosses are now busy planning a dramatic ending for the tale.

Meanwhile, the Daily Star also reports that Sunita's former partner Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin) will find himself in danger in an encounter with Karl.

Upcoming scenes see Karl left in a panic when Dev slowly starts to realise that Sunita may have been framed for the Rovers blaze.

As a 'friendly' Karl urges Dev to let go of his suspicions, he picks up a golf trophy and hides it behind his back - leaving fans to wonder whether he is about to strike again.

Karl is quoted as saying: "Raking over the coals like this is just not helping. The kids have already lost their mum, if you don't get a grip then they might be in danger of losing you as well."

Michie joined Coronation Street two years ago as part of a new era for the Rovers Return. His on-screen partner Michelle Collins (Stella) will be sticking with the soap for the foreseeable future along with the rest of the Price clan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That will be the next shock fling.

John Michie will leave the soap later this year, reports have revealed.

The actor, who plays Weatherfield villain Karl Munro, has recently signed a six-month contract extension to see his character's storyline out to its rightful conclusion, according to the Daily Star.

Karl's exit is understood to be a storyline-led decision as fans will naturally be expecting a comeuppance for the schemer after he set fire to the Rovers Return and killed Sunita Alahan.

The pub blaze and its aftermath has become one of the year's biggest storylines, so show bosses are now busy planning a dramatic ending for the tale.

Meanwhile, the Daily Star also reports that Sunita's former partner Dev Alahan (Jimmi Harkishin) will find himself in danger in an encounter with Karl.

Upcoming scenes see Karl left in a panic when Dev slowly starts to realise that Sunita may have been framed for the Rovers blaze.

As a 'friendly' Karl urges Dev to let go of his suspicions, he picks up a golf trophy and hides it behind his back - leaving fans to wonder whether he is about to strike again.

Karl is quoted as saying: "Raking over the coals like this is just not helping. The kids have already lost their mum, if you don't get a grip then they might be in danger of losing you as well."

Michie joined Coronation Street two years ago as part of a new era for the Rovers Return. His on-screen partner Michelle Collins (Stella) will be sticking with the soap for the foreseeable future along with the rest of the Price clan.

I think personally that
    Paul will kill him
    as he was promised a big storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

OMG :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

At this rate half the actors will be away visiting sick relatives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement