Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Right so here's what I have to say about Mondays session.

Has Peter's already dark flat gotten a make over since Carla moved in? It looked even more pretentious and darker than usual. And why in gods name would you boycott your own bookies and allow somebody that you don't want there to go in there and make changes that you don't want?

it stunk like a teenage girl pinning a boy against a wall and shouting "please don't kiss me" while cramming her face face into his.

Since when did Tracey drive? Like seriously? Were they that desperate to get a story involving Kevin's disappearance that they had to use her and her fathers car? And why would a rattle cause a knocking noise at 60MPH on a straight motorway?

As for Tyrone..... "I'm not sure if I can come back to work......... not sure how Fizz would feel about it" Phone rings, Tommy who works there stands talking to Sally and Tyrone makes a point of legging it off to answer the Garage phone? Surely that should have been the other way around?

The whole Stella and Insurance company thing is throwing me too..... One minute everything is fine and the next it isn't.

I dunno....... I was in despair watching Corrie last night (I can't get to it on Mondays)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Jesus, is there anyone who wasn't (allegedly) at it?
    Coronation Street star William Roache has been arrested on suspicion of the rape of an under-age girl in the 1960s, the Press Association is reporting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22366981#TWEET740739

I respect innocent until proven guilty however cannot help but find it somewhat ironic that Mr Roache not so long ago was in the press for a controversial statement regarding similar matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ken is going to bring Eccles for a long walk methinks, or his medical expertise may be needed in Germany...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Like the LeVelle case, Roache's arrest is part of a real ongoing criminal investigation so can not be speculated about here. It's ok to comment about Ken's absence from the show or the general news that has been released but guessing about the reason for the allegations made isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Kevin's dad is always having handy heart attacks, they should've thought of a fresh excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ann22 wrote: »
    Kevin's dad is always having handy heart attacks, they should've thought of a fresh excuse.

Rosie kidnapped by the Russian mob :P

And another thing about Monday night.

Instead of doing the highly cliched chase after the train, could she not have used her Mobile phone?

And what was the craic with that platform employee?

"Yes I am married, 37 years next month, mind you I've forgotten to get her something" *deep in thought*

It was like monday night was written by the 1960's writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

MugMugs wrote: »
    And another thing about Monday night.

Instead of doing the highly cliched chase after the train, could she not have used her Mobile phone?

She said that she rang him but he didn't answer. I quite liked Jason in that episode, looking after his Mam's love life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

lisaj wrote: »
    She said that she rang him but he didn't answer. I quite liked Jason in that episode, looking after his Mam's love life.

Despite the fact he can't even look after his own :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I just remembered that scene with Tyrone mentioning to Fizz (asking her, really) about going back to work at the garage. I thought it was a really nice touch, showing the wounds are still raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I always thought Peter Barlow looked like ronnie o Sullivan...

Also, lucky Eileen!

I bet Jason's gimmet, or whatever he was looking for, will be evidence in proving Sunita didn't start the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Best line of the day definitely goes to Gloria
    You've got cobwebs on your crows feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I bet Jason's gimmet, or whatever he was looking for, will be evidence in proving Sunita didn't start the fire.
    Definition of GIMLET

: a small tool with a screw point, grooved shank, and cross handle for boring holes

I wonder if it has some significance?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

And Stella's phone........

Surely Paul has male friends or family he could have asked to be his best man

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Maybe it was his way of getting Jason's permission, like a groom would ask the bride's father if he was still around.
    There's something about Paul that doesn't seem very 'fireman', he's quite boyish and soft looking.

Maybe it was his way of getting Jason's permission, like a groom would ask the bride's father if he was still around.
    There's something about Paul that doesn't seem very 'fireman', he's quite boyish and soft looking.

Yeah...and on the rare times when it shows him with his firemen mates he speaks as if he's trying to deepen his voice...he also stands in a hardman pose...as if he'd two invisible rolls of carpet in his armpits...I'm sorry about my fixation on his little zippy jacket but they should have him wearing a padded one, one that'll fill him out a bit.. What was Steve on about saying he'd a navy one as well? ..I've never seen it.

Ask Jason and Todd's permission yes but I would think Eileen would want them walking her down the aisle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Roche out of Corrie til after trial- at least

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Karl and Stella no thanks please.
    All things being equal, who would chews Karl over Jason? Stella the masochistic? Corrie Writes please, no one care about this, no more Karl and Stella please.....

Karl and Stella no thanks please.
    All things being equal, who would chews Karl over Jason? Stella the masochistic? Corrie Writes please, no one care about this, no more Karl and Stella please.....

Hang in there! Theres a HUGE storyline coming up, possibly the Christmas cliffhanger, after which Karl will leave Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Ask Jason and Todd's permission yes but I would think Eileen would want them walking her down the aisle

I thought the same, surely he'd be walking Eileen down the aisle rather than standing beside Paul. Maybe she'll ask Todd to do it .... If he can be bothered to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I thought it would be nice to see Jason giving Eileen away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Or Steve and Lloyd, for the laugh

Jikashi wrote: »
    Or Steve and Lloyd, for the laugh

Steve busting out of his suit again so

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I agree, a bit daft him being Paul's best man..not as if they're bosum buddies. Where the frig are all his fireman chums?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Very unimpressed with Corrie at the moment. There are no real juicy storylines on the go

- fire one is too predictive
    - the surrogate baby is borriinnnngggggg
    - upcoming wedding so something will happen, as always

What else is there? C'mon Corrie writers, get your act together :(

• Advertisement

dfbemt wrote: »
    Very unimpressed with Corrie at the moment. There are no real juicy storylines on the go

- fire one is too predictive
    - the surrogate baby is borriinnnngggggg
    - upcoming wedding so something will happen, as always

What else is there? C'mon Corrie writers, get your act together :(

Ah the fire and Sunita's death wouldn't have been so predictable if the papers and soap sites weren't telling us it was going to happen. I can't resist reading spoilers though.

I'm enjoying the creepy Gary twist to the surrogate story, creepy bstards add to all stories I think:).

As for weddings..I don't know of any soaps that have uneventful weddings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement