Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The actress who plays Mary scrubs up pretty well in real life and she's not as old as she plays. I'd love to see her wow the folks on the street with her hair up and looking all glam, even for one night, then return to her usual look.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

spurious wrote: »
    The actress who plays Mary scrubs up pretty well in real life and she's not as old as she plays. I'd love to see her wow the folks on the street with her hair up and looking all glam, even for one night, then return to her usual look.

I could never ever see past her nutter part though.

She actually gives me the creeps. I'm just grateful that her and Cole won't be having kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

MugMugs wrote: »
    I could never ever see past her nutter part though.

She actually gives me the creeps. I'm just grateful that her and Cole won't be having kids!

I like the way she is with Dev's kids, Asda and Aldi, she seems to really care for them. Don't like the way others openly laugh at her to her face.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I like the way she is with Dev's kids, Asda and Aldi, she seems to really care for them. Don't like the way others openly laugh at her to her face.

But that's just her all over. Once she gets comfortable, we all get a bowl of bunny rabbit stew.

She went into Roy's, did okay, then lost the run of herself. Same with the shop. She get's her foot in somewhere, all goes well, Mad Mary comes to visit.

But that's just her all over. Once she gets comfortable, we all get a bowl of bunny rabbit stew.

She went into Roy's, did okay, then lost the run of herself. Same with the shop. She get's her foot in somewhere, all goes well, Mad Mary comes to visit.

Yeah maybe, we'll just have to wait and see, but the kids need the support she gives them at the moment. Can't be all bad. Unless they start to depend on her too much and she goes bitmad again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I'm not sure what Corrie writers have lined up for her. She can be funny but she can be a nosey, spiteful b!tch too. Remember her at Tyrone's trial writing notes and having the poor sod condemned before he even stood in the dock? Same went for Fiz and Tracey's trials.

It's possible the writers will give her a full personality makeover like Anna who was a total troublemaker when she arrived but is now some sort of street angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

So, Gary "found" the ring in a pawn shop? Hmmmm.

Hes getting too creepy now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Jozef's contribution to Ryan and Katie's romantic trip to the cafe - BLAH BLAH BLAH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Jozef's contribution to Ryan and Katie's romantic trip to the cafe - BLAH BLAH BLAH

Did you see the look he gave Ryan when he was holding Katys hand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That Leanne is some nasty piece :((

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Anyone remember a while back when Mary and Norris were nosing for gossip from a policeman and he says "do I know you from somewhere?" and Mary's face drops and she says something along the lines of "That was a long time ago, and I haven't been anywhere near a chainsaw since" and hurries away.

Throwaway gag, yes, but i would love if it was foreshadowing a later storyline, involving a...spree, of some description...

I thought Faye went to school hungry YESTERDAY? Peeher and Caarla are pathetic.

Chucken wrote: »
    Did you see the look he gave Ryan when he was holding Katys hand :pac:
    And Ryan ignoring wee Jozsef!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Am I the only one who still kind of likes Leanne? :o

Leanne and her heckling. Give her a witches hat and she's set! Devs obviously getting thick with Mary!

LizT wrote: »

Yup! I used to but she's just annoying now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Where is Tina's brain??!!! Surely she can sense the unbridled urges building up in creepy greasy Gary's trousers? Poor Tommy...so unfair:(. How did Tommy 'let Tina down'? Right, he was stupid over the money and the drugs thing but she totally went against his wishes over the baby thing. It's enough to drive you to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭jeoun

So there is NO WHERE else for Carla and Peter to eat! Oh let's go to the restaurant owned by the ex wife who just ripped you off! So realistic!!

Yup! I used to but she's just annoying now!

Me too. She's still so angry with Carla she clearly still feels a lot for Peter. If she was really mad into Nick she wouldn't be so bitter. I really wanted to slap her face there:mad:.

Looks like Gary is caught!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

jeoun wrote: »
    So there is NO WHERE else for Carla and Peter to eat! Oh let's go to the restaurant owned by the ex wife who just ripped you off! So realistic!!

Especially considering its Carla. Before she had a lovely apartment and was always out at this week's "That New Italian Place In Town"™.
    Now she's content with Peter's shoebox flat and the same restaurant with the aforementioned nagging staff every night.

I get that her old apartment has bad ghosts but why such a downgrade? If she alone could afford living and eating somewhere nice when the business was doing poorly, surely between herself and Peter she could continue that practice to some extent, especially considering the currently-availed-of alternative. She and to a greater extent Peter, hate having to see and hear Leanne and Nick, yet between their own meals and Carla's clients, half the cash in the Bistro's till seems to come from them.

Jikashi wrote: »
    Especially considering its Carla. Before she had a lovely apartment and was always out at this week's "That New Italian Place In Town"™.
    Now she's content with Peter's shoebox flat and the same restaurant with the aforementioned nagging staff every night.

I get that her old apartment has bad ghosts but why such a downgrade? If she alone could afford living and eating somewhere nice when the business was doing poorly, surely between herself and Peter she could continue that practice to some extent, especially considering the currently-availed-of alternative. She and to a greater extent Peter, hate having to see and hear Leanne and Nick, yet between their own meals and Carla's clients, half the cash in the Bistro's till seems to come from them.

So true! Especially tonight when Leanne is being so malicious and is relishing the problems between him and Carla. She's supposed to be happily married ffs, she shouldn't be affected by what they do.

Nick is so gormlessly trusting, does he not realise that Leanne's pleasure at Peter and Carla's problems is not a good thing for him?

Surprised at Tracy being defensive of Peter, there may be a teensy trace of humanity in there. Wait 'til Peter find out that her brother, can't think of his name..is going to be practically taking over. This could spell the end of the road for him and Carla.....don't think he loves her enough for this blow to his manhood. Hope he doesn't go back on the bottle...can't bear any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Yes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Whatever happened to the Nick/Kylie / ET Gail/ David story and the behbeh Kylie is expecting ?? Hasn't been mentioned for ages.

Chesney reminds us here a bit of Tamwar in Eastenders...age about 18 going on 50.

jeoun wrote: »

Thought that myself. Why on earth would they go to give her their custom and pay her to make snide remarks and pull faces at them. So unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

See Tommy with the big shifting spanner? I cant think of a nut/bolt that would be on a car that would necessitate using such a big spanner.More likely on a tractor/implements or truck.

Another thing, what certification has Tommy got for working on the cars, qualified mechanic? And what about health and safety with only himself working in the garage, and not having Tyrone or Kevin there...........:D

I suspect Chris Gascoigne was enjoying the Carla snog at the end. She fairly laid into his face...betcha he had loins stirrings:p.

You know what annoys me a bit...the way they refer to every other shop in Weatherfield as being in the precinct...like there's a sale on in the precinct where they're selling big tellies. Fiz is always on about 'the Precinct'...like in Eastenders they go up the High St for everything.

jimmyw wrote: »
    See Tommy with the big shifting spanner? I cant think of a nut/bolt that would be on a car that would necessitate using such a big spanner.More likely on a tractor/implements or truck.

Another thing, what certification has Tommy got for working on the cars, qualified mechanic? And what about health and safety with only himself working in the garage, and not having Tyrone or Kevin there...........:D

Pity he wouldn't give Gary a few smacks round the ear with it. Could well be the same one that Katy Harris clobbered her father with?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do too :o

I hate Peter with Carla, she only bought Leanne out of the bookies because she is jealous

Ryan and Katy look so wrong together

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I hate Peter with Carla, she only bought Leanne out of the bookies because she is jealous

It might have been better if they'd let the whole Peter and Leanne in the bookies thing go on for a few weeks. They have great chemistry together whether they are in love or just hating each other. Lost opportunity for the writers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement