Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams on RTE PrimeTime--29-05-13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

He's like an Alsation with glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

kraggy wrote: »

How long does it take for the show to be put up on the website? Might have a look at it later.

It's up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Seaneh wrote: »
    They seem to have taken the stream down...

Really? This could prove interesting. Maybe they're concerned that they've left themselves open to liability.

MJ23 wrote: »

Miriam doesn't wear glasses :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Make sure you take it all in, too the end, you are paying for the clowns little trips.

Can we set Charley afloat too????:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It's up now

Not playing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Neeson wrote: »
    Who is she related to from them?

Her brother is a FF councillor.

http://www.jimocallaghan.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's not the contentious comment. And Adams is the only person in the world who believes that he wasn't in the IRA.
    Adams has always been an out and out politician. I believe he wasn't in the IRA but that's not to say as a republican leader he didn't have influence over them, I seriously doubt he was involved in any military matters but politically he influenced them a great deal towards the direction in which they headed. The more intelligent former IRA members have followed him into Sinn Fein like McGuinness, Doherty, Kelly, Ferris, Ellis etc whereas the others who couldn't grasp the political game like his accusers Hughes and Price plus the dissidents still can't emerge from the conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Let's get this straight. Gerry is going to take a case against people implying he was in the IRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

MJ23 wrote: »

When we were kids, there was a rhyme and it went like this "Sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you". Get a life.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    Not playing for me.

playing for me on the XL player, well 23 seconds :pac:
    must watch it in a minute

It's on again ~3 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'd love Gerry to take that case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

When we were kids, there was a rhyme and it went like this "Sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you". Get a life.

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dotsey wrote: »
    Adams has always been an out and out politician. I believe he wasn't in the IRA but that's not to say as a republican leader he didn't have influence over them, I seriously doubt he was involved in any military matters but politically he influenced them a great deal towards the direction in which they headed. The more intelligent former IRA members have followed him into Sinn Fein like McGuinness, Doherty, Kelly, Ferris, Ellis etc whereas the others who couldn't grasp the political game like his accusers Hughes and Price plus the dissidents still can't emerge from the conflict.

Really you keep believing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I would've thought Pearse Doherty was too young to have been in the PIRA. I thought he was one of the first band of pure politicians as opposed to ex paramilitay-now politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Sooner or later somebody in SF is going to have to sue them and put an end to this stupid line of questioning. Why hadn't they mics in the face of Mrs Winsdor when she was over, asking about the deaths her forces caused, or where are the case files they are holding on Dublin/Monaghan. Maybe Miriam could ask Enda who shot Michael Collins anytime he gets the courage up to be questioned.
    Beyond farcical at this stage, if everyone who 'knows' stuff would just present the evidence then they might have something constructive to say or ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

working on the XL player but not the normal player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Dotsey wrote: »

You trying to convince yourself he was not in the IRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    playing for me on the XL player, well 23 seconds :pac:
    must watch it in a minute

It's on again ~3 anyway

Must be a problem will my PC here.

Will try again tomorrow.

efb wrote: »
    I'd love Gerry to take that case!

I am not sure of your meaning, you should talk to kids, and ask their views, you would be surprised, and it is not in working class areas,you have to meet them.
    Can you imagine Council elections next year, extra pairs of knickers and jocks are going to be needed at the count for the big elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Have to laugh at the arrogant attitude here of some posters towards Gerry. Like you know fookin anything about what he's done in the past. Listening to other peoples drivel and spouting it off as your own. Have no time for the judgemental ways of a lot of people way south of the border. Had it nice and cushy down here didnt ye

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Sooner or later somebody in SF is going to have to sue them and put an end to this stupid line of questioning. Why hadn't they mics in the face of Mrs Winsdor when she was over, asking about the deaths her forces caused, or where are the case files they are holding on Dublin/Monaghan. Maybe Miriam could ask Enda who shot Michael Collins anytime he gets the courage up to be questioned.
    Beyond farcical at this stage, if everyone who 'knows' stuff would just present the evidence then they might have something constructive to say or ask.

Why go to the four goldmines, RTE are turning more people away from the establishment, who support them. Like the Romans they destroyed themselves from within. We have had five years of hardship while the elite stole our country, next election give the parasites their answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have to laugh at the arrogant attitude here of some posters towards Gerry. Like you know fookin anything about what he's done in the past. Listening to other peoples drivel and spouting it off as your own. Have no time for the judgemental ways of a lot of people way south of the border. Had it nice and cushy down here didnt ye

We do know
    we southerners are smarter than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Didn't McDowell name Adams as being on the Military Council of the Ira, using Dail priviliges, along with McGuinness and Ferris a few years ago?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Gerry Adams and Ted star in.......

Ted 2 :pac::pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

kneemos wrote: »
    Anything about or connected to the north and I switch off.

you missed some great Gaelic football yesterday then

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Very one sided argument slamming Miriam here which is usually an indication we are in the pleasure of Sinn Fein supporters.

Its not the first time Sinn Fein top blokes have been pushed hard on the subject of IRA Membership and Leadership nor will it be the last until they just be honest with the people and have some cop on. Sinn Fein need to move on from their past and not speak from two sides of their mouth on the issues surrounding the IRA. That and get more realistic policies and not suggest you will be implementing different policies down South than up North (implementing austerity which apparently doesn't work here but works fine up North).

Is it any wonder why people are favouring Fianna Fail over Sinn Fein? They have completely failed to make significant gains and Gerry is a major part of their problem and as long as he is representing them and not moving away from the past, a real shift wont happen for their party.

Gatling wrote: »
    We do know
    we southerners are smarter than you think

Smart never came into it, the southern clowns lay back and tolerated a sectarian war in the northern counties, and allowed the brits to carry out terror attacks in Dublin and Monaghan, and several other places. What did the sheeple of our so called republic do, cowered down and took it up the butt. When our overlords seen how cowardly some of us were they decided to ride us again, such is the situation we now find ourselves in. We are cowards, and denigrate those who stood up for their rights, and would not lay down for the ba$tards.
    Get off your ass and stand up and be counted, Your kids will if you do not have the guts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

How can people say he was in the IRA? Sure it's all hearsay. Just like Miriam was saying. Say it often enough and it becomes fact.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Jesus she made an absolute tit of herself.

I think given how bad her interview was and how much she just tried to corner him with questions he'd already answered, he did quite well, he was firm and positive in his answers and didn't let her bully him, in fact, he kind of just walked all over her.

Advertisement