Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Leinster Rugby vs Biarritz Olympique, Saturday 27th April 14:30, SS1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Biarritz
    tolosenc wrote: »
    Nacewa's try was immense. The interplay between him and Sexton... Gonna miss those 2 next year, big time!

Yeah, but the Biarritz defense was terrible. Both should have been clobbered and put to ground after they passed, there were half assed attempts to stop them. They should have been put down - if you're committing to a tackle, at least stop the guy from continuing on in that sequence of play by putting him on the deck.

Still a great try though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

clsmooth wrote: »
    Any highlights of the game about?

Some really Sh*tty highlights yeh. I'll put em up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

neilmulvey wrote: »
    yeah someone else will get a cushy group with an Italian team for a change.

Ha! Clermont possibly!

Anyway, that was a very enjoyable afternoon of rugby at the RDS.
    I thought Toner, Healy and Heaslip were immense in the pack. Toner had one of his best games for us against a very big pack. If he keeps up that level of performance, we'll have a very strong second row next season. Very promising.

Great to see Lund and Hary come over and thank their small knot of fans at the end and also that the Leinster crowd gave them a good send-off.

Another final to look forward to. Very glad I bought my tickets for it when I bought the HEC tickets way back last May. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ERC tweeting that they're renaming the Amlin Cup to the Entertainment Cup.

Heineken what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Biarritz
    What the hell is with the jerky highlights again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Choppy video and out of sync audio.Amateur teams can put better highlights up,what's Leinster's excuse?

On a more positive note,between the As winning and the younger players like Cooney and McGrath becoming important members of the squad,I think the future looks very bright for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,038 ✭✭✭✭phog

Super win, those 5 mins before halftime broke the spirit of Biarritz, some sloppyness before that but the screw was well and truly turned by those tries.

Great performances across the full squad, well done and congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Does anyone know how applying for tickets works for the Amlin final works?

Have 2 season tickets but want to try bring 4 people. Can you apply for more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Biarritz
    .ak wrote: »
    ERC tweeting that they're renaming the Amlin Cup to the Entertainment Cup.

Heineken what?

#amlinisthenewheineken

• Advertisement

NoelJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how applying for tickets works for the Amlin final works?

Have 2 season tickets but want to try bring 4 people. Can you apply for more?

There's only about 2000 tickets to distribute between both finalists so tickets could be quite hard to come by, unless most Leinster season ticket holders have already bought tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Heroditas wrote: »
    There's only about 2000 tickets to distribute between both finalists so tickets could be quite hard to come by, unless most Leinster season ticket holders have already bought tickets!

Yeah I guess some will have already gotten tickets. Was just wondering can you apply for 4 or 2 on each. Guess they're still finalising details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Only got to see to just before Isa's try. Had to go feed baby and the laighin inn didn't have the friggin game on. However we stayed there for a while to let the crowds go. When we where leaving some of the players where leaving and so got pictures with the baby with both Joe and isa so great result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Biarritz
    Had to go feed baby

I read this as Benoit Baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Biarritz
    Loved the crowd singing "one more year" to BOD after his try...:o

Quint2010 wrote: »

Highlight of the game. Never have I seen a crowd communicate so blatantly in unison with a player. Was kinda surreal. He was absolutely scarlet as well! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Some in the South Stand got the wrong end of the stick and were chanting 'Four more years', not sure what they thought it was in aid of.

Superbus wrote: »
    Some in the South Stand got the wrong end of the stick and were chanting 'Four more years', not sure what they thought it was in aid of.

As many more years as possible please. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    As many more years as possible please. :P

BOD for Lions captain 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

Superbus wrote: »

The big chant of "x more years" was kind of pioneered by the yanks, shouting for their presidents reelection. Hence, 4. Not sure why people recanted that particular one but it's a common phrase for "stay" in the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Quint2010 wrote: »

Best part of the whole day. Hands down. Loved how the camera stayed on him as he took his gum shield out, and just grinned like a Cheshire cat. T'was fablis, just fablis ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

There was a real carnival atmosphere in the second half, the terrace was as lively as I've seen it. It really is the heart of good a stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Highlights TG4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

It really should be 'four years more' to avoid the split infinitive.
    Damned illiterate Americans .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

One more year was great. Reminiscent of the premature retirement of Eric Miller when the entire east terrace sang one more year to him in Lansdowne in his last ever game back in 2005.

Good game. Some serious performances from those in contention for the Australian trip. Madigan experiment didn't work at all though.

Buer wrote: »
    One more year was great. Reminiscent of the premature retirement of Eric Miller when the entire east terrace sang one more year to him in Lansdowne in his last ever game back in 2005.

His last ever game was in Murrayfield in 06 when we were pipped to the post by Ulster in the league. I remember him throwing a load of his gear into the stand at the end.
    His last home game would have been against the Ospreys a few weeks previously, the week after we lost to Munster in the HEC semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Heroditas wrote: »
    His last ever game was in Murrayfield in 06 when we were pipped to the post by Ulster in the league. I remember him throwing a load of his gear into the stand at the end.
    His last home game would have been against the Ospreys a few weeks previously, the week after we lost to Munster in the HEC semi.

Grand. It was his last home game ever.

:rolleyes:

durkadurka wrote: »
    It really should be 'four years more' to avoid the split infinitive.
    Damned illiterate Americans .

Infinitive of what ? :confused:

Buer wrote: »
    Madigan experiment
    worked really well. We can only dream of what might have been but for Racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Almaviva wrote: »
    worked really well. We can only dream of what might have been but for Racing.

Didn't really to be honest. There was nothing wrong with it. They're both fantastic players but I don't think they'd ever fit in a midfield together long term.

What's the deal with Darce? Hopefully we'll get him back for the home strech and we can use Mads off the bench.

Advertisement