Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirectPRO12 Race to Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Didn't they do it for the first Ospreys final too?

Could be right just remember the first time cause it was new, too many games since.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If I was an Ulster fan I'd be gutted over it. Especially after all the hard work they've done this season. Having said that, it is what is, and Ravenhill won't be done in time... I guess jacothelad you should've borrowed that hard hat n shovel I was offering! ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Some irritating individual on facebook keeps calling Ulster narrow minded for not using one of the Ulster GAA grounds.

I despair! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

If they are moving it to Dublin why not have it in The Aviva? More of a neutral ground than the RDS if Leinster make it.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    If they are moving it to Dublin why not have it in The Aviva? More of a neutral ground than the RDS if Leinster make it.

Ulsters decision, they may see that Leinster haven't won at home in a grand final so its not a huge issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ssaye wrote: »
    Ulsters decision, they may see that Leinster haven't won at home in a grand final so its not a huge issue.

Ouch!

pc7 wrote: »
    Ouch!

I am a Leinster STH but just am being honest.

Would love to win the league home or away.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I am a Leinster STH but just am being honest.

Would love to win the league home or away.

Lost in textation, I should have put one of these in after it ;)
    I've a good feeling for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Munster
    Where would Glasgow host their game if they finished top seeds and won the semi final?

Parkhead and Ibrox are a bit big?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

its_phil wrote: »
    Where would Glasgow host their game if they finished top seeds and won the semi final?

Parkhead and Ibrox are a bit big?

Sure aren't the Scots well used to seeing Hampden half empty for matches :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Munster
    P_1 wrote: »
    Sure aren't the Scots well used to seeing Hampden half empty for matches :pac:

They'd probably have it as a warm up game to one of Celtics games. Pre-Match entertainment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Munster
    If we can host a regular season league game against munster in the aviva and do a decent job at filling it, I reckon we can host a league final there. I just laugh at the dent taking 30k ulster fans would do the NI economy. The stormont government must be cursing not getting their act together sooner with ravenhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Only logical thing to do for the Leinster branch is to nominate Lansdowne as their 'home' venue. The ground should still be set up for rugby and I don't think there are any football friendlies scheduled for that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ospreys
    Going into tomorrow:

Ulster 76
    Glasgow 72
    Leinster 68
    Ospreys 62
    Scarlets 62

with Zebre vs Leinster and Scarlets vs Cardiff to come.

Another impressive result for Glasgow tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Scarlets get a BP win tomorrow and they're almost guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Munster
    Ospreys never got over losing the first three games of the season, and Munster will rue those sloppy home defeats in Musgrave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Munster
    Ospreys' loss means Leinster officially clinch a playoff spot.

Ospreys
    Scarlets 10-6 Cardiff at halftime

Ospreys
    Scarlets 24-6 up now, 15 minutes left to get the bonus point

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

No bonus point for the Scarlets, finished 24-6

• Advertisement

Ospreys
    Ulster 76 (16 wins, +205)
    Glasgow 72 ( 15 wins, +200)
    Leinster 68 (15 wins, +162)
    Scarlets 66 (15 wins, +54)
    Ospreys 62 (14 wins, +147)

3.5. If two or more Teams finish with the same number of league points, their placings will be determined by the following criteria in descending order:

• number of matches won;
    • the difference between points for and points against;
    • the number of tries scored;
    • the most points scored;
    • the difference between tries for and tries against;
    • the fewest number of red cards received;
    • the fewest number of yellow cards received.

Ospreys
    TOP 5 AFTER ROUND 21:
    Ulster 76 (16 wins, +205)
    Leinster 73 (16 wins, +181)
    Glasgow 72 ( 15 wins, +200)
    Scarlets 66 (15 wins, +54)
    Ospreys 62 (14 wins, +147)

3.5. If two or more Teams finish with the same number of league points, their placings will be determined by the following criteria in descending order:

• number of matches won;
    • the difference between points for and points against;
    • the number of tries scored;
    • the most points scored;
    • the difference between tries for and tries against;
    • the fewest number of red cards received;
    • the fewest number of yellow cards received.

Final weekend of fixtures (to be simultaneously played on Fri 3 May 7:45pm):
    Connacht vs Glasgow
    Edinburgh vs Dragons
    Leinster vs Ospreys
    Scarlets vs Treviso
    Ulster vs Cardiff Blues
    Zebre vs Munster

As it stands Ulster, Leinster and Glasgow have all qualified for the playoffs.

Glasgow will have to finish with superior league points to Ulster or Leinster in order to finish above either, since both Irish teams have 16 wins while Glasgow have 15.

Any win for Leinster will guarantee a home semi-final, while two points will do for Ulster. Scarlets will need two points to be absolutely sure of a playoff spot, since Ospreys have one more win and a superior points difference.

Playoffs will be Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow IMO.

Ospreys
    awec wrote: »
    Playoffs will be Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow IMO.

I think all the top four will win their games alright.

I think all the top four will win their games alright.
    What's your prediction for the final, as a neutral who can make such predictions without tempting the gods of scuddery?

Ospreys
    What's your prediction for the final, as a neutral who can make such predictions without tempting the gods of scuddery?

Neil Francis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Ospreys

If all four win next week and we end up with Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow, you'd have to back an All-Irish final.

Could be a busy couple of weeks for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ospreys
    If all four win next week and we end up with Ulster v Scarlets and Leinster v Glasgow, you'd have to back an All-Irish final.

Could be a busy couple of weeks for Leinster.

Could have two finals, two weeks running, in the RDS....I'm afraid to think about that but whatever happens, we have a few great weeks of rugby coming up. Terrific end of season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Win against the Ospreys and Leinster won't be leaving the RDS for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

It was not their decision... There is more behind it than you and we all think.

Advertisement