Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's a waste of money that is, so it is.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Also Apple computers. If you can afford a Mac Pro, then go ahead and bust out your bank balance. But for those who aren't mega wealthy a PC for 1/5th the cost can do all the Mac Pro can do. The rest of the Apple computers aren't even worth spending money on.

I was quite pleased when they ruined Final Cut Pro; now the only reason I'd ever consider buying a Mac is gone, and I can sneer at those that do even more.

On a related note, building gaming pcs from the highest end components just so you can play mediocre games with the highest settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

Drinking. In the pub, or at home. Total waste of money - (in this country at least) in other countries, not so much (as it's cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

mikemac1 wrote: »
    TV licence

I completley agree with this. Paying for crappy TV shows (even though they are littered with adverts every 10 mins).

And then, if like me; you dont want to put up with the 66% rubbish TV and 33% adverts, you use your laptop, Sky, or Netflix, etc. ... So you don't even end up using the TV for the TV channels you HAVE to pay for. I call Bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Buying a sofa in DFS or any of them stores when its not on offer, every second week they have a massive sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

New cars - depreciation is ridiculous. (Check out the bangernomics thread).
    You need people to buy new cars in order to have 2nd hand cars.
    Having to get the latest €500 phone and upgrade every year.
    With upgrades you never pay full price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Paying for car servicing/washing. Both such simple DIY jobs and can be very expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Most charities.

so true, and their CEO in 125k saleries...........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Buying new games or preordering them at full price.
    Getting limited editions of games - twice the price for an 11 page concept art book, the soundtrack (which is often terrible) and some pointless in-game cosmetic effects.

McDonalds. It's because it's awful.
    You could just eat gravel and it would be far cheaper and contain far more in the way of nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Food. All these people frittering their money away on grub.

I just wait until I collapse from malnutrition, then it's into the old hospital and on a drip. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Buys Beats headphones.

Listens to 192kbps mp3s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I personally don't understand other girls who buy loads of different handbags, all for ridiculous prices. 60 euro for a handbag is extortionate to me. I would never pay anything even approaching that for a bag. That said, people are entitled to spend their own money on whatever they want without everyone else going on about what a waste of money it is. It's their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Coco Rocks €4 a box, though currently half-price in Tesco's Rathfarnham, get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I stopped wearing knickers years ago and saved $$$$.

Man, mature,full-figured,GSOH, non-scene,own bicycle, WLTM refined lady WDWK

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Longnecks in pubs, hate handing money over for them in rounds.

A €5 longneck is equivalent to €8.60 per pint. A €5.50 bottle is €9.47

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

the lotto ........more chance of being run over my a stampede of donkeys.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Scruffles wrote: »
    #mine was gotten brand new; delivered straight from a citroen factory in france but had had no choice in the matter as its under the UKs motability scheme,they only give brand new because of depreciation and likelyhood of breakdowns in older cars,when they get to three years old theyre flogged on in their auctions to get the most money out of them.

#totaly agree on the phone thing,one support staff of mine does that when every new iphone comes out fcuk knows how he gets the money for them in this job,he goes on about them as if each new edition is life changing,theyre bloody mind washed.

#can rarely afford toiletries let alone expensive,though have always found more expensive deodorant is much better than shops own brand cheapo stuff in terms of lastability and no marking on clothes.

#never been pissed or been able to go for a meal so cant comment on that one.

The cost of a car is obviously more than a phone, depreciation doesn't work the same for both ( the cost of a phone, or anything, is it's depreciation). 500 euro Phones tend to cost about 200 euro in depreciation after a year.

In terms of toiletries I recommend pound shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

smash wrote: »
    In terms of toiletries I recommend pound shops.

You get decent quality shower gel, shaving foam and toothpaste/toothbrushes in LIDL for far cheaper than branded stuff in Tesco/Dunnes.

I will admit to 'splashing out' on Sure deodorant because I love the scent - you'll often see two-for-one offers on it when you're getting ripped off in the pharmacy for other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

^^^

I never said that! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

^^^

I said that! :confused:

Made me laugh :p:pac:

^^^

Well the computer said you did and I trust the computer so that's that.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Buying sparks for the angle grinder! unless ya get a good deal of course!

Or buying socks without holes in them. Why would ya wast your money on socks without holes. I mean how the fcuk are ya ment to get your foot in :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

^^^

It was a very good point. Don't be ashamed of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Rezident

Sky Sports.

I love you internet.

Rezident wrote: »
    Sky Sports.

Sky Sports wouldn't be too bad value if you didn't have to pay for the bundle of shite they call 'basic channels' (mostly FTA and reruns of ITV/BBC shows).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Sky Sports wouldn't be too bad value if you didn't have to pay for the bundle of shite they call 'basic channels' (mostly FTA and reruns of ITV/BBC shows).

What irks me is that even if you fork out the what 25-30 a month for the sports, you don't get all the sports, BoxNation and a few other channels are not included!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You get decent quality shower gel, shaving foam and toothpaste/toothbrushes in LIDL for far cheaper than branded stuff in Tesco/Dunnes.

I will admit to 'splashing out' on Sure deodorant because I love the scent - you'll often see two-for-one offers on it when you're getting ripped off in the pharmacy for other stuff.
    :D
    I've never regarded Sure deodorant as high-end, but I'm sure you smell gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Also Apple computers. If you can afford a Mac Pro, then go ahead and bust out your bank balance. But for those who aren't mega wealthy a PC for 1/5th the cost can do all the Mac Pro can do. The rest of the Apple computers aren't even worth spending money on.

I honestly think anyone who claims this has never had a mac. Better build quality, more stable, no bloatware, don't need to install updates every time I turn in on, boots up in about 7 seconds. I got the macbook air (previously had a top of the line Vaio - now that was a waste of money) and will never look back. I can balance it open on the palm of my hand ffs

Granted I use it for live music/production/photoshop as well as college work but it's the best investment I ever made. In about 2 years I'll still be able to get a good price for it, a pc loses half its value the moment you open the box

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

The Golden Ticket i.e. the free travel pas that half the country seems to have.

Medical Cards

I make money by stealing my Mother's underwear and selling it on ebay

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thread smells like poor people.

Advertisement