Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retropolis wrote: »
    Hey, all I have a Retro gaming store called Retropolis opening in the ferocious mingle arcade @ 72 Thomas Street,Dublin, every Thursday - Sunday 11-6pm, hope to see ya there.

Any chance you have a website for the non facebook users?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ok, I'm officially strongly thinking about this. The problem is getting it home from D8, with isn't far from me at all...has anyone got a van??! :o

Couldent believe it still had'nt been snapped up this morning! guess the transportation is the main issue or it'd be gone

Couldent believe it still had'nt been snapped up this morning! guess the transportation is the main issue or it'd be gone

Yeah the transportation & the actual size of it would put most off I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ok, I'm officially strongly thinking about this. The problem is getting it home from D8, with isn't far from me at all...has anyone got a van??! :o

Seen that cab in the flesh a while ago, its bloody huge !! I assume it break apart in more manageable bits.

Seen that cab in the flesh a while ago, its bloody huge !! I assume it break apart in more manageable bits.

Yeah it splits into two the seller said, so I presume the screen section detaches & leaves the control section. It looks monsterous, I hope the screen section fits through a doorway when its sideways...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Have stuck a few GBA bits including a Micro up in the trade section, will put some pics up this evening.

Its headed for Flea Bay by the weekend if no interest :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84059322#post84059322

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeah the transportation & the actual size of it would put most off I reckon

I rented a van recently from Enterprise.ie i think it was. 113 fully comp insurance over night, you might get it less if its only for a couple of hours. there is no milage charge from them you just have to put back in what petrol you use.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I rented a van recently from Enterprise.ie i think it was. 113 fully comp insurance over night, you might get it less if its only for a couple of hours. there is no milage charge from them you just have to put back in what petrol you use.

Have a quote from a local man with a van type business...he reckons in or around €35 for the job which seems pretty damn good.

So all is set it seems:

€200 - Check
    Transportation - Check
    Space - Check
    Offer Placed - Check
    Sanity - ...

235e for that!

gopher it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

35 is a great price! nicework!

• Advertisement

Great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have a quote from a local man with a van type business...he reckons in or around €35 for the job which seems pretty damn good.

So all is set it seems:

€200 - Check
    Transportation - Check
    Space - Check
    Offer Placed - Check
    Sanity - ...

Wait wtf, you're actually going for it?!

You're a hero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd jump on it too. Though, I wouldn't start questioning the auld sanity 'til you've spent the better part of 5 hours trying to out-do yourself on Gunblade's Score-Attack mode.

T'is crack-like, except awesome.

Master of the Universe

I wouldn't normally be one to impose myself on someone elses home, but I'm dropping around to play that when it's set up whether you like it or not :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could someone "bung in" Virtua Cop 2 instead?
    A far better game!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wait wtf, you're actually going for it?!

You're a hero!!

Yeah feck it.

Dedicated Cab - Love those!
    Shooter Cab - Don't have one yet!
    Good Price
    Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'd jump on it too. Though, I wouldn't start questioning the auld sanity 'til you've spent the better part of 5 hours trying to out-do yourself on Gunblade's Score-Attack mode.

T'is crack-like, except awesome.

Been looking at footage of it, it looks a lot o' fun indeed.
    I wouldn't normally be one to impose myself on someone elses home, but I'm dropping around to play that when it's set up whether you like it or not :D

No probs, just bring a duffle & a monkey hat because the shed isn't exactly Barbados :D

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Could someone "bung in" Virtua Cop 2 instead?
    A far better game!

Of that I wonder too. If it was possible to put any of the good Model 2 shooters in it then I'm even more sold

Have stuck a few GBA bits including a Micro up in the trade section, will put some pics up this evening.

Its headed for Flea Bay by the weekend if no interest :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84059322#post84059322

Cheeky bump for anyone who mightn't have been about this afternoon.:p

Master of the Universe

Of that I wonder too. If it was possible to put any of the good Model 2 shooters in it then I'm even more sold

One thing to note, you'd need to rig up a Virtua Cop light gun. As Gunblade NY has fixed position guns I'd imagine they're not light guns but instead take the inputs from the gun base. Similar to Operation Wolf, Alien the Gun etc.

If you got a light gun working then you could play House of the Dead too :)

Still, with a 50 inch projection monitor..feck, I'd be trying to hook up everything under the sun! Not just Model 2 boards. Imagine if you got Time Crisis going on that bad boy. Would be like having one of these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScCvtJJnmMitMZGRK0HzicGN8vYoBB_XBxADL9Fp1bz4wx2pPA

Or one of those 50 inch HOTD 2s :O

One thing to note, you'd need to rig up a Virtua Cop light gun. As Gunblade NY has fixed position guns I'd imagine they're not light guns but instead take the inputs from the gun base. Similar to Operation Wolf, Alien the Gun etc.

If you got a light gun working then you could play House of the Dead too :)

Ah I see, I wonder if there's much involved in doing a conversion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I have a time crisis 2 twin deluxe might be tempted to sell,you could just move your screen from 1 to the other,sorted

I have a time crisis 2 twin deluxe might be tempted to sell,you could just move your screen from 1 to the other,sorted

Pm'd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Time Crisis 2 is one of my grail cabs. Pity I don't have the room for it though. :(

Excellent stuff, may get a few 10p ready for that monster!! Grats

Not retro but theres a free tv going on adverts for any around North Dublin today
    http://www.adverts.ie/tv/lg-32-inch-1366-x-768-720p-lcd-tv/2868113

sounds not working but thats no biggy,
    He said theres a guy coming at 7pm to get it but its first come first served!

Master of the Universe

Hey guys,

I need rid of this Mega CD 1 and Megadrive. Willing to sell to someone here for €70 to recoup the money I spent on it if any of you want it.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-1-and-mega-cd-1/2805375

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »

Feck, I'd really like that, no fundage!
    Damn you Bioshock Infinite!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

A lot moar stuff on the way, is there any way to offer to the arcade and retro crew before adverts, I know its not a selling forum, just trying to keep some good bits for the people interested! Delete this cidereman if you think inappropriate!

• Advertisement

No, that's fine, simple links to the ads will be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement