Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Steve SI wrote: »
    I've been watching your bank account waiting for the right moment :D

This is because I got those Jap Dreamcast games off ye cheap isn't it ????? Oh you just keep rolling your "balls" on your cab..... I'm off to sit in a corner and quietly weep...... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Did I read right in that this has been repainted Steve?

Yes, it was done by the same guy in the UK I got a couple of these off of a while back. It actually looks well, but yes it is resprayed and not restored using Retr0brite or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yes, it was done by the same guy in the UK I got a couple of these off of a while back. It actually looks well, but yes it is resprayed and not restored using Retr0brite or anything like that.

Ah cool :) How does the video mod work, I see an output on the back but it doesnt look like an av connector...is it a different cable?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ah cool :) How does the video mod work, I see an output on the back but it doesnt look like an av connector...is it a different cable?

It's one of those video cables that looks like a headphone socket that connects to the console and then that leads out to the normal composite red/yellow/white connections.

It's one of those video cables that looks like a headphone socket that connects to the console and then that leads out to the normal composite red/yellow/white connections.

Ah I see, nice & neat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, that's a lovely thing, if it wasn't for Croke Park 2 I'd buy it and sell my existing Famicom, or perhaps keep it, so'd I'd have two, in tribute to Steve!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, that's a lovely thing, if it wasn't for Croke Park 2 I'd buy it and sell my existing Famicom, or perhaps keep it, so'd I'd have two, in tribute to Steve!

Two is always better than one :)
    When I sell this I'll be left with two of them so all will be well in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just as a wondering, would it play PAL B games?

just as a wondering, would it play PAL B games?

With the included adapter, I think so.
    The famicom is not region locked anyway so I don't see why not. Maybe someone else here might know for sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'll play every Nes game I throw at it anyways.
    A great machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I hate you SteveSi.....:(

I too have a empty bank account as its my daughters Confirmation next week so I am broke.:mad:

This is on my got to get list........

Damn You to hell and back :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

For anyone that missed out on Pyonyang's Pink Bullets zine, Jeff is selling some over here http://tokyoshmups.com/ for $12 (in the 'Other Shmup-related Items' section).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Andrew76 wrote: »
    For anyone that missed out on Pyonyang's Pink Bullets zine, Jeff is selling some over here http://tokyoshmups.com/ for $12 (in the 'Other Shmup-related Items' section).

Beat me to it!

Yep, he literally has a few copies for sale so if you would like to pick up a copy get in quick!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hey Ive 3 cabs up on adverts at the minute and an old fruit machines, just thought id post it here in case anyone is interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-401789/status_active/type_all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

keithgeo wrote: »
    Hey Ive 3 cabs up on adverts at the minute and an old fruit machines, just thought id post it here in case anyone is interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-401789/status_active/type_all

And offloading a few wedding presents as well :)

haha yeh, some cr*p was received alright, i sold two or three things already haha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lidl are currently selling a decent dremel with a 50 piece accessorie kit for 22.99, picked one up earlier always handy to have for a number of arcade and retro related jobs.

Lidl are currently selling a decent dremel with a 50 piece accessorie kit for 22.99, picked one up earlier always handy to have for a number of arcade and retro related jobs.

Is it mains or battery powered Keith? The one I have is total garbage & I need a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If it the battery powered one then avoid, no torque in them at all and useless for cutting.

• Advertisement

If it the battery powered one then avoid, no torque in them at all and useless for cutting.

Oh I know, the one I have is battery powered & it lasts all of about a minute before the battery drains. Takes longer to drill holes than to do some mods with it. Mains ones are the only option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

yeah I got a mains dremel a while back. handiest little machine I have

It is the battery powered one, i just tried it there though and its pretty good i think. I have a normal dremel already myself and its just as good as that i think. Plus you get a 50 piece kit in, for 10 bits in b&q its normally around a tenner anyways so i think its pretty good deal.

The dremel i have, the "real" dremel, the battery wastes on that too after a couple of minutes cutting through a screw or whatever. So id put this on par with that. didnt know you could get actual plug in ones..

The dremel i have, the "real" dremel, the battery wastes on that too after a couple of minutes cutting through a screw or whatever. So id put this on par with that. didnt know you could get actual plug in ones..

Yeah I swore I'd never buy another battery one, they just run out of juice too quickly & as mentioned they lack torque :(

I got a battery powered Dremel last year. Pretty decent it is actually and the battery last ages. Decent enough torque on it as well for what i need.

Got it from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-Cordless-Rotary-Attachments-Accessories/dp/B0040GJ41Q

I've used it for all sorts of mods and cutting (plastic, metal, glass etc). Picked up some cheap diamond cutting wheels as well and they do a great job.

dsc1163nef.jpgdsc1161nef.jpg

The really cool thing is you get full power until the battery dies. So it doesn't seem to gradually slow down, it just stops.

It took a few goes but I eventually mastered the art of cutting very thin glass without breaking or shattering it using the Dremel.
    I did get a few face fulls of shattered glass before I managed to make the below tiny vase though :0/

dsc1910j.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/2901333

Size of this monster! 50" not bad price if ya had the room or means to transport it!

Is this the one that was on the arcade hits pack for wii?

Good price, but you have to weigh up the amount of room that thing would take up haha.. is the game even any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy ****ing ****! If I had a garage that would be an instabuy!

• Advertisement

True, tis a bargain though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement