Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Got this embellished nails set in Penneys for €3.50

It's unreal! Way cheaper than the original caviar nails and super easy to use. I put on an under coat, let that dry. Painted the other nails as normal then put a thicker coat on the power nail and poured the beads over the wet polish, over a little tray. Was able o pour the excess beads back into the bottle with the funnel so no waste! Took less than 5 minutes, happy out!

Here's my attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Just bought 5 blushes, 3 lipsticks & a few other bits for €22.50 including delivery!

I've never heard of this brand before, is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

biohaiid wrote: »
    The ecotools blush brush is great for powder blush
    E.L.F's small stipple brush is the best I found for concealer.

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/new/small-stipple-brush/invt/84025/

I love elf's brushes, they are super cheap and are almost as good as my MAC brushes, some are even better.
    Thanks so much. Do ELF brushes still shred? I have a few and my face is always covered in bristles after using them so I spend ages picking the bristles off my face.

I don't mind a bit of shredding, but I look like I need to wax my face when I use the ones I have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I've never heard of this brand before, is it any good?

I haven't actually tried them, but read a lot of reviews after the sale on Fragrance Direct, & the bushers & lipsticks got good reviews! The liquid foundation & pots of concealer are supposed to be good too. I'll let you know what I think when they arrive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Do ELF brushes still shred? I have a few and my face is always covered in bristles after using them so I spend ages picking the bristles off my face.

I don't mind a bit of shredding, but I look like I need to wax my face when I use the ones I have already.

I haven't experienced that with mine at all. I may have just got lucky with them tho.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just placed my first order for Illamasqua products. Ordered four of their pigments as they were reduced. Have heard great things about them so hopefully they live up to the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cloudsurfer

Just placed my first order for Illamasqua products. Ordered four of their pigments as they were reduced. Have heard great things about them so hopefully they live up to the hype!
    I just did my first order from illamasqua.com! So excited! Have you ordered from them before? It says on the site standard delivery is 15-30 days (hopefully not because thats forever!), do you know how long it normally takes? :)

It says on the site standard delivery is 15-30 days (hopefully not because thats forever!), do you know how long it normally takes? :)

No, like I said it was my first time to order so just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Recently purchased the Missha perfect cover BB cream off ebay :) and i LOVE it! Really nice consistancy and colour, pale but not too pink which i find a lot of pale foundations are, also light but covers well. I have it in the palest shade. no.13 i think. Theres a pic of me wearing it, in natural light no flash, taken on my phone so not best quality. Great value for money will def be repurchasing :)

MSMS1184_b.jpg

[URL="[IMG]http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q560/gillapino/image_zps9fc8172d.jpg[/IMG]"]image_zps9fc8172d.jpg[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

gillapino wrote: »
    Theres a pic of me wearing it, in natural light no flash, taken on my phone so not best quality.

Your hair is gorgeous. I just had blunt bangs cut on last week. And we almost have the same hair atm :cool: May I ask the name of your hairdresser?

And your skin looks gorgeous too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Your hair is gorgeous. I just had blunt bangs cut on last week. And we almost have the same hair atm :cool: May I ask the name of your hairdresser?

And your skin looks gorgeous too :)

Aww thanks :):) my friend does it for it me :) she based in Bray, in Show Hair salon on the main street :) her name is Cherry. I only got it caught in recently enough! still getting used to it! Needs to be trimmed so often!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Got both of these yesterday. Happy with both :) The lipstick is Craving and the gloss is Deelight.

maccraving.jpg

macdeelight.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I bought Catrice's Prime and Fine primer for 5.49 yesterday. It has a nice consistency and my make up has lasted about 9 hours thus far without sliding off, but my nose is still shiny and has been all day.

http://www.catrice.eu/products/base-primer/detail/product/prime-and-fine-smoothing-refiner.html

I suppose I can't expect Smashbox results for Catrice prices! It's just a stopgap, hopefully :)

I also finally bought La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, and I'm so excited to see some results. I'll post about it in the next couple of weeks as I've only started using it. I have loads of acne, blackheads and blocked pores so I really hope it lives up to the hype.

http://www.laroche-posay.ie/product-treatments/Effaclar/Effaclar-Duo-p4001.aspx

Got both of these yesterday. Happy with both :) The lipstick is Craving and the gloss is Deelight.

LOVE Craving! It is one of my favourites. I think it is very underrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Picked up a new highlighter in Superdrug the other day. It's part of a new 'Undress your skin' range in MUA. It is my first time using a powder highlighter, as I usually use highbeam or a MUFE highlighter cream.

I am absolutely in love with this powder highlighter though, and it only cost me something like €3! It is perfect for my pale skin, and there there's no glittery bits.It just gives a lovely very natural sheen.

My pics don't do it justice (crappy phone camera)!

mua_zps7f149d1e.jpg

mua2_zps4987bbed.jpg

panda100 wrote: »
    Picked up a new highlighter in Superdrug the other day.

Which Superdrug do you usually go? There aren't any Superdrugs that are convenient for me to go :( Or maybe I don't know about them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Which Superdrug do you usually go? There aren't any Superdrugs that are convenient for me to go :( Or maybe I don't know about them :confused:

There is one on in the square in Tallagh if you live in Dublin. Thats the only one I know of in the country.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There's one in Wexford town too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Also in omni centre in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jeongeum

Where is the omni centre

• Advertisement

Jeongeum wrote: »
    Where is the omni centre

Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

And in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought a Clarisonic Plus in the US a few weeks ago.

clarisonic-plus-pink-v2.jpg

Still getting used to having it in my routine but I do like it. However, the body brush function has never worked properly so unfortunately it is being replaced. Luckily the face function still works so I can use that.

My skin definitely feels softer but I'm not sure if it looks amazingly better yet.

Also bought some face cream, came in a pack with a cleanser and samples of Idealist and Advanced Night Repair, all for $48! Again, still getting used to it, but seems good so far!

149887.jpg

Also bought this Tweezerman tweezer which is a fun pattern:

6479588.jpg

And the Real Techniques brush set, which is nice but not life changing! I already have a lot of Mac brushes.

real-techniques-by-samantha-chapman-travel-essentials.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

^ nice haul!

I got a hair cut today at a new salon (my last one was too pricey and pushy).. I mentioned that I have issues with my hair holding a curl and the stylist used this Redken Wool Shake product in my hair... My curls are still going strong at the end of the day (I slept on them and went for a work out and all)! Usually they fall out in an hour or so, so I am pretty psyched about this. Glad I bought it in the end.

redken_wool_shake_08_5.0_oz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Thought I was brilliant going into Boots & leaving with just deodorant, then walked into Brown Thomas & got Mac Up The Amp! Really nice wearable purple so worth it :)

mac-lipstick-up-the-amp.jpg

I live in Limerick, and we have a bots there in the city centre. When I lived in Dublin, I used to head out to Blanchardstown if I wanted any superdrug stuff.

Wow, thank you all for Superdrug locations!! :)

I forgot to mention: I live in Dublin 15. I don't have a car so transport is a problem for me :(
    panda100 wrote: »
    When I lived in Dublin, I used to head out to Blanchardstown if I wanted any superdrug stuff.

Is there a Superdrug in Blanch? :eek: :eek: Am I that blind that I didn't recognise Superdrug at all the times I've been there? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

According to this there is no Superdrug in Blanch.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/Shops/List_A-Z_.aspx

I was there one (last summer) and didn't see one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

There's no Superdrug in Blanch....

Wish one would move into the old Argos premises at the front.... I'd keep them in business on my own!

• Advertisement

Is there a Superdrug in Blanch? :eek: :eek: Am I that blind that I didn't recognise Superdrug at all the times I've been there? :confused:

sorry Tallaght,i meant Tallaght

Advertisement