Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Have been using essence mascara recently - only €3.49 in pennys. Very impressed and I think it is better than the max factor masterpiece max which I was previously using. Suits me perfectly for everyday use and a great price to boot. Sorry for the crap phone pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I've been using LRP Effaclar Duo for about a week now. I can see some improvement in my pores around my nose, but nothing major yet. However, I find it really good as a primer under my make up, which I wasn't expecting. I'd probably repurchase on that basis alone, considering that any other good primer I've used has cost upwards of 30euro, and the LRP only costs 17euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Ok NARS Light Reflecting Powder is a total dud but have fallen in love with their Immaculate Complexion Powder!

Glad I'm not alone in thinking that!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

sillymoo wrote: »
    Have been using essence mascara recently - only €3.49 in pennys. Very impressed and I think it is better than the max factor masterpiece max which I was previously using. Suits me perfectly for everyday use and a great price to boot. Sorry for the crap phone pic

I got this recently and when I first used it, I wasn't sure if I liked how it looked. Got bored one day and tried it with the Maybelline Falsies brush and I'm really really impressed with it, seems to give me more volume, length and just looks lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Have Rimmel stopped doing the brown version of their exaggerate liquid liner? Went into boots on grafton st today to replace mine but their wasn't even a sign for it, only black!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Have Rimmel stopped doing the brown version of their exaggerate liquid liner? Went into boots on grafton st today to replace mine but their wasn't even a sign for it, only black!

That Boots rarely has anything these days, I keep having to trek over to Stephen's Green SC or the Jervis Centre to find what I'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Not sure if many of you use Avon products, if you do, you've probably heard by now, Avon is pulling out of Ireland, effective immediately. One of my friends is a rep and she cannot take or place anymore orders. There's approximately 5,000 reps in Ireland so I'd say it's a big shock to a lot of people tonight. My friend was not told by Avon prior to hearing about the news on facebook.

I swear by their glimmerstick eyeliner in blackest black.
    Worst part of this whole thing is that a week or 2 ago I ordered a load of them eyeliners cos' they were on sale, just to stock up, and now that they're pulling out my order will not be processed and I won't get my eyeliner.
    The one I have now is nearly gone. Time to get searching for a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

biohaiid wrote: »
    Worst part of this whole thing is that a week or 2 ago I ordered a load of them eyeliners cos' they were on sale, just to stock up, and now that they're pulling out my order will not be processed and I won't get my eyeliner.

Not sure if they deliver to Ireland, but if they do you could order from their UK site www.avon.uk.com/

Not sure if they deliver to Ireland, but if they do you could order from their UK site www.avon.uk.com/

You can still buy online from www.Avon-shop.ie. The only difference now is they ship from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Just ordered some BB creams from a Skin79 retailer on Ebay, Hot Pink and VIP Gold. Got a tip from the Beaut.ie blog and bought from cosmetic.love so I'm hoping they are legit. Anyone have any idea how long shipping from Korea normally takes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

denhaagenite, I've moved your post to Latest Purchases in the Beauty forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Just ordered some BB creams from a Skin79 retailer on Ebay, Hot Pink and VIP Gold. Got a tip from the Beaut.ie blog and bought from cosmetic.love so I'm hoping they are legit. Anyone have any idea how long shipping from Korea normally takes?

I'm the biggest Skin79 addict you'll come across over here and order all the time, my seller usually gets it over to me in a week, I've never actually kept time on days but it's always very fast and I get nice samples too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

biohaiid wrote: »

My friend, who was a rep, told me that orders are not being honoured, neither are returns or refunds, this is contrary to what the area managers (or whatever they're called) were told during the conference call informing them that Avon were pulling out of Ireland, this detail was added when they receiving written confirmation of the news. There are now area managers left with returns that Avon UK will not take and I believe some reps and area managers are going to try to sell what stock they have, for the sake of their customers, so you might be able to stock up on the glimmersticks somehow.

I know you can order from the UK but to be honest, I wouldn't want to buy another Avon product after the way they handled this. The situation they have left some people in, with hundreds of euros worth of returns which is now basically dead stock, is absolutely disgraceful carry on. All of their advertisements is that Avon is like a family etc. Yeah right.

I believe that Avon previously pulled out of Ireland years ago and then returned. If they have any intention of returning to Ireland after this stunt, I don't think they'll have much luck with reps after the way they've handled this.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

I've been using this product for awhile and absolutely love it! I used it last night and promised myself I'd spread the word. Its only about €3 a sachet in Boots and you get about three uses out of it. Leave it on overnight or for ten mins, whatever suits and your skin will be glowing and super moisturised. Definitely one of my fav skincare products! Go buy it :)

10108136.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Got my foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear, in Boots today. Had enough on my Boots card for it so it didn't cost me anything :D

78510296.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jeongeum

I watch guru thatsheart on youtube and she uses the maybelline eraser but its concealor form i have been searching everywhere for it is it available in ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Trying to find an everyday, affordable alternative Urban Decays Naked Skin foundation till I'm working again and can justify spending that much on foundation, so I picked up Revlons Nearly Naked foundation in Ivory today using my boots points. Really excited to try it out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Greenduck wrote: »
    I've been using this product for awhile and absolutely love it! I used it last night and promised myself I'd spread the word. Its only about €3 a sachet in Boots and you get about three uses out of it. Leave it on overnight or for ten mins, whatever suits and your skin will be glowing and super moisturised. Definitely one of my fav skincare products! Go buy it :)

10108136.jpg

This is one of my favourite masks in the world, my mam and I swear by it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

Iv been enjoying avons bronzing gel and their eyebrow pencil, :mad: raging they pulled out of Ireland my mom was a rep and got no warning at all ,thank god it was only her hobby and has a full time job but shel miss it and meeting new people from it .debating should i order from the uk site when i run out of both , but i don't think i will cause i don't like the way they treated their reps here.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h174RiU1Gus/UT7XmWM24sI/AAAAAAAAA9c/Dx6gcERG8m0/s1600/GEL_withcode.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Bought Revlon's PhotoReady foundation the other day in 004 Nude. The blurb calls it a full-coverage foundation but to be honest, I find the coverage very light. This doesn't bother me at all, because I have fairly good skin, but if you wanted to cover up a lot of blemishes or even freckles, I think you'd be disappointed.

There's also a touch of shimmer in it, which makes your skin look nice and bright, but if you're prone to shine (as I am), you'll definitely need a mattifying powder on top of it.

Revlon-Photoready-Foundation-Swatches1.jpg

I'm also a total sucker for a new L'Oreal mascara, so I bought False Lash Flutter. Still have a bit to go in my Volume Millions, though, I so I haven't used it yet, I'll report back when I do.

lo_paris_false_lash_flutter_mascara.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I bought Fake Up and Hello Flawless on Saturday.
    Fake up is great - really hydrating and lightweight. Hello Flawless is good too but nothing spectacular, I've had other powders which are as good if not better.

fakeup.jpghelloflawless.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm addicted to Wayne Goss' YouTube channel and on his recommendation for liquid foundations suitable for pale skin decided to splash out on Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundtion in shade 2, which is the palest one. (They have a "white" one but that's more for highlighting).

faceandbody-skinbasefoundation-02-main.jpg

I'm supe-pale and this foundation has proved to be a great find. Nice and pale without that washed out look, and leaves a nice dewy effect. I use MUFE HD powder on top and it lasts me all day.

So pleased!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm not sure if any of you have mentioned this already, but I got Soap and Glory's "One Heck of a Blot" face powder and tis the business. Stops all shine for the night (for me anyway, I would have combination skin so really oily t-zone) and blends in really well to the skin. It's translucent so one colour fits all (I'm very very pale and this suits me fine!)

Think it costs about €15 but I got it in Boots on a 3 for 2 deal.

oneheckoffablot.jpg

I used Yes to Carrots shampoo and conditioner last night for the first time and got three compliments on how shiny my hair was today :D My mam got the two pack on special offer, I'll ask her where!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Twee. wrote: »
    I used Yes to Carrots shampoo and conditioner last night for the first time and got three compliments on how shiny my hair was today :D My mam got the two pack on special offer, I'll ask her where!

I think I saw it on offer in Care Pharmacy. They are so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Oooh, I'm looking for a shiny-hair shampoo! Do you colour your hair, Twee.?

MaggieNF wrote: »
    I think I saw it on offer in Care Pharmacy. They are so good!

They are! I'm really a "whatever's on offer" kind of girl when it comes to shampoo, no brand loyalty :p I am very impressed with them.
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Oooh, I'm looking for a shiny-hair shampoo! Do you colour your hair, Twee.?

I've no colour in at the moment Hermi!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

They are! I'm really a "whatever's on offer" kind of girl when it comes to shampoo, no brand loyalty :p I am very impressed with them.

I've no colour in at the moment Hermi!
    Ah, right. Thanks, Twee. I'm obsessed with shinyness and anti-fade products since I went brunette :pac:
    I might try them anyway if they're cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Does any1 know if yes to carrots is on offer anywhere in Dublin?

Advertisement