Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The super honest what's wrong with the IAA thread 2013 mod warning post 1 and post53

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

jayod30 wrote: »
    I have the email in front of me from TheDocs original post, please elaborate on the personal information as I can see none?:confused:

I was wondering about that myself. According to the mail notification I received, this line was snipped: "The stuff you, Andy_G and Tony McCann have posted in this thread, has been total rubbish. You've harpered on about transparency, where the IAA last term was transparent as could be.

He was citing posts made in this very thread - how has he revealed any more personal information than was already given by the people themselves? How exactly can you justify a ban for what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

The_ChiefDUB also banned for one week for reposting the deleted information. BAN LIFTED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Well this is actually bollocks. Theres absolutely no personal information in Docs original post. Its this absolute bull$hit that's slowly ruining the game for me.

And as far as identifying posters, if tonymccann and Andy_g were that concerned about their privacy they should have picked more obscure usernames... using your actual name online and expecting complete anonymity is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

This is the finest example of what is wrong with the Airsoft section on Boards. OMG.
    What the hell are you thinking Dogwatch. It smacks to me that you had a knee jerk reaction and Banned TheDoc and then had to follow on and ban TheChiefDub, with an explanation of "Personal information" what a load of S##t. Really, personal information?
    What personal information?
    How is it that all the other mods can stand by and look at this and think that this action is correct or even just.

People talk about cliques well I think this little clique from the MOD crew is very 'transparent'.
    Cop the F##k on.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Dogwatch wrote: »
    The_ChiefDUB also banned for one week for reposting the deleted information.

Come on seriously, what f*cking planet are you on:eek:??? He quoted Andy_g and tonymccann, per their user names. And as for HRTA (Paul) he signs off on each post with his name so please explain yourself:confused:. TheDoc and The_ChiefDUB have broken no rules, reverse those bans immediately. Personally I don't know either user but I know a right royal f*ck up when I see one.:mad:

• Advertisement

jayod30 wrote: »
    I have the email in front of me from TheDocs original post, please elaborate on the personal information as I can see none?:confused:

You still have not answered my question, please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah I was. And the accusation wasn't against the IAA, it was against very specific people, you included, who decided to have a little gossip and bitch about me when I offered to assist with some technical backend work for the IAA.

After hearing this, and commitee members flat out lieing that it didn't happen, I very clearly told you all to get ****ed

Yeah I did. An aggressive player kicked a pallet I was behind knocking me back, when I got up to confront he got aggressive so I smacked him. What's the problem?

That makes no sense, I'll try to actually break that down. You are trying to say that people who try muffle IAA criticise, end up coming out apologising and acknowledging something has actually happened?

Er, no.

<snip>
    Do you want a ****ing letter in your mailbox to give you a personal update on what's going on?

You don't even play the game anymore, you come out of the woodwork every now and again to get involved in IAA bashing, or anything you can get a bit of contro. I'd tell you that if you wanted to see change to get involved and run for a position, but sure we already know how that worked out don't we ;)

Doc nobody had a gossip about you, your offer was made at a committee meeting with 4 executive members ,
    What you said about the headbutt didnt go down well with everybody some/ wanted your membership permanently stripped as stated in the constitution,one affiliate would have walked and publicly state why he felt you shouldn't be allowed to be involved with the IAA,

All 4 members of the executive committee discussed your offer and all 4 said no ,
    Funny thing I asked that you attend a committee meeting to discuss some plans and project's you may have been interested in working on ,

My committee wasn't my committee do you forget the chair ,pro ,secretary treasurer you know the ones that resigned actually never turned up ,
    And every suggestion I made while on that committee to promote or do any projects was shot down by former committee members ,not current elected committee members but former committee members .

And I don't play anymore - I was playing long before some and I will be playing long after some are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Those bans are bs and are a prime example of actions appearing as bias. Dogwatch pmd me yesterday because he was concerned about mod bias but also said that hrtas posts don't breach the charter. I'd say they run pretty close to flamming or trolling but that's just me. 1984 alive and well eh

Silly attempts into get this thread closed

Gatling wrote: »

Was that directed at me?

• Advertisement

In view of the number of posts about these 2 bans< i have looked again and I freely admit
    I made a mistake. Both bans have been lifted and I have offered my apologies to both posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Why shouldn't it be closed?

It has turned into the usual IAA bashing thread for you and the rest of the group. You and your Mod buddies are having a great old power trip here. You say what you want and it gets left up until someone complains. Others say what they want and it gets deleted or edited within a short time.

If the conversation turns against you, one of your buddies will step in, ban the user and kiss your boo-boo better.

I am going to flat out call for this thread to be closed. I will speak to the new committee and ask them to look for the ban on IAA discussions re-instated. That way you can all go back to whatever you were doing and leave the IAA to get on with its job.

If you have gripes with the association, visit them on their forum. See how "open for discusion" is actually done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

We should all be ashamed of ourselves, as everything that is bring our sport down can be found on this thread and I'm not going to type out a long list, because we all know what we have done wrong :(

Also, the definition of sport:

"An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others"

Which is normally in good faith and with honor, there is no skill or honor in taking each other down a peg to make a point, no matter how righteous it maybe at the time

Plus, there has been too much negative "against another or others" for too long and it has to stop or we risk more damage to the sport of Airsoft

So please remember, to be kind and it takes fewer muscles to smile :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Let me just add something here. The mod has acknowledged he made a mistake and lifted the bans. Regardless of that posters must not question mod actions in-thread. If you have a problem with a mod's actions please PM the mod or report the post (CMods get copied on reported posts)

Just one further thing which is what caused the confusion here. Boards rules prohibit posters from identifying or speculating over the identity of posters. This is not specific to the Airsoft forum, but arises because of Data Protection laws. However even if a user uses their real name as their username unless that is verfied by the Boards office then technically posters should still not speculate as to their real ID (although they can of course use the username regardless). I appreciate this can be a bit difficult when a lot of posters know each other in real life, but it is a requirement that is forced upon us

Again, this topic is not for discussion in-thread - any questions please feel free to PM me

Thanks

Beasty (Sports CMod)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In view of the number of posts about these 2 bans< i have looked again and I freely admit
    I made a mistake. Both bans have been lifted and I have offered my apologies to both posters.

Dogwatch PM'd me in relation to this, and I appreciate he took the time to review the situation. I didn't raise a review personally, and can see many here did.

Obviously the issue here has come from someone's boards username looking like an actual real name. Probably is a real name?

Anyway, it was an honest mistake, I received a PM that I do appreciate as it explained the situation, when it could have been just as easy to ignore and put it under the carpet.

I also stated in that PM I sent to Dogwatch, that I appreciate, and 100% understand that I can be troublesome here. Now that is not saying I willingly troll or make a nuisance, but I'm passionate in my views relating to certain topics. And inevitably with certain topics, with people on different side of the fence, things can get heated.

So I will make every attempt at refraining some getting ridiculous...although saying that, I now have to post the below reply..

Doc nobody had a gossip about you, your offer was made at a committee meeting with 4 executive members
    And then the conversation took a spin sideways, where files were presented documenting my actions, boards activity and site activity over a course of time, containing inflamatory remarks and used as leverage against my volunteering. I've no problem with someone having a bitch about me. I'd a problem with the person who was instigating it.
    What you said about the headbutt didnt go down well with everybody some/ wanted your membership permanently stripped as stated in the constitution,one affiliate would have walked and publicly state why he felt you shouldn't be allowed to be involved with the IAA

First I'm hearing of it. The incident occured in front of a number of highly respected members of the community, on a site that was at the time highly regarded for it's stewardship before it closed up. Considering the marshall's and site owner were present, saw the incident, and their first reaction was to ban the aggressor, and ask me was I ok, says alot about the situation.

I had already started to walk for the exit assuming a ban from the site, but was pulled back and was told not to be daft. The individual banned went on to also have a physical altercation with two more members who post here, getting himself an additional two site bans, before he was unofficially banned from numerous sites he had never even attended.

I've only got in two heated incidents whilst playing airsoft. Both in front of numerous people, both on respected sites, and both times I was deemed the innocent party while the other party was sanctioned with a ban or "yellow card".

I don't want to drag up these incidents again, it will only have people wanting to know the story, but I'm confident enough that based on the situation that occured and the moment, I wasn't grossly out of order, and there was enough witness', IAA members, and site owners present, to take disciplinary actin against me if they so felt is appropriate.

As regards an affiliate walking away on account of me? **** my influence just hit a new height
    All 4 members of the executive committee discussed your offer and all 4 said no ,
    Funny thing I asked that you attend a committee meeting to discuss some plans and project's you may have been interested in working on ,
    Well you were there, so I guess you know what was said. I think you should assume I have it on good authority, if I'm feeling confident enough to discuss what was said, in a room of four people, and I wasn't one of them ;) The irony being you were one of the people here asking for transparency, and meeting minutes never appeared from this meeting. They were requested through all formal channels and none were provided. It is worth mentioned that alot of people in the community knew about this carry on before I did, and it caused a bit of embarrassment on my part, especially when alot of people seemed to know, expect me.

I can't recall getting an invite to any committee meeting to discuss my involvement or projects. I know I had collaborated on a project that led to the inevitable volunteering, but obviously if you invited me to a meeting after the above mentioned shadow discussion, you can put one and one together to figure out why I said no ( And I probably said more then no, if I even gave a response)

My committee wasn't my committee do you forget the chair ,pro ,secretary treasurer you know the ones that resigned actually never turned up
    It is a figure of speech, let's not get into semantics.
    And every suggestion I made while on that committee to promote or do any projects was shot down by former committee members ,not current elected committee members but former committee members .
    It is worth correction here. "The Membership" queried some decisions and projects. It is irrelevant if they were previous committee members. It was the membership, by which the acting committees are liable too. If I'm honest though I can sympathise with you. The committees that came before you had some big players, and big reputations and big personalities. They had gone through some tough years of hard work to ensure things were going right, and probably felt there was a wrong turn being taken, and felt they needed to weigh in.

I'm not being sarcastic or smart here, I'm being genuine. I know obviously I am personal friends with past committee members, but there has being numerous times where we have disagreed on certain issues, and there has been certain directions or "crusades" they have gone on, that I havn't being supportive of.

I can't recall the specific example your referencing ( The only thing I remember for that term of office, is another can of worms) so I can't make detailed comment.
    And I don't play anymore - I was playing long before some and I will be playing long after some are gone
    [/quote]

This is true and there is no debate here. You were part of HRTA with a crew of others, before most of us knew about the game. I for one, had no idea there was something like Airsoft down the road from me (literally). But it still stands to reason, that it raises questions when you constantly appear to weigh in. And it is mostly during an IAA discussion.

I'm not saying you need to be playing regularly to have involvement, not at all, our communitys cores for years was a chairsofting brigade. But when it comes to the national body, the body that deals with the current pain issues, the problems, the vibes, the groups, the sites and just the game in general., it does go some way to actually knowing what is going on, and actually be out playing. It is on par with if Shiva started coming in barrelling on about regulations with regards to retailing, years after his shop shut its doors.

Me and my mod buddy's .

Grow up ,

I stand by myself don't need a bunch of team mates to massage my posts on here what conversation was turned against me ,
    I point the obvious what's actually wrong with the IAA people either report a post or they don't , I've no say in what's removed or isn't wasn't my original post removed for no reason ,
    So that contradicts your post

We should all be ashamed of ourselves, as everything that is bring our sport down can be found on this thread and I'm not going to type out a long list, because we all know what we have done wrong :(

Also, the definition of sport:

"An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others"

Which is normally in good faith and with honor, there is no skill or honor in taking each other down a peg to make a point, no matter how righteous it maybe at the time

Plus, there has been too much negative "against another or others" for too long and it has to stop or we risk more damage to the sport of Airsoft

So please remember, to be kind and it takes fewer muscles to smile :)

For as much as we always firmly believe in ensuring we stay away from real steel assosiation, we sure as hell act like it when it comes to the politics.

I think that the wedge has been dug too deep on some sides, for their to be any going back. Personally I'm open to anything, and I'm open minded when it comes to debate. I've sown up damaged relationships within this community, as with other **** in life and other sports.

There just so happens that I haven't done alot in airsoft, either because I believe strongly in a certain stance relative to a topic, or some sort of incident that occured. And I know others are the same. While its no benefit to drag it back up into the open, it kinda puts a dent into the "lets all kiss and get along".

Like I'd say from reading my stuff for example, people would assume I have massive beef with Gatling, Andy_g, Dogwatch, Thermo among others. The actual fact of the matter is I don't. Yeah I don't agree with all their points, I don't agree with some of their opinions. I've had disagreements in relation to how items have been moderated, and the style in general.

But its not like I actually despise the person behind the name or anything. A lot of the newer posters won't know this, but there was a time when we all played happy as larry every weekend, chatting, having a laugh and playing the game. It's actually funny looking back, when you look at the different groups, opinions, the barriers that have been raised. We actually ALL started playing in HRTA, and there was a time when we ALL got along flawless and had savage craic.

In recent times we query HRTA's posts and what the goal is, what the spin and sideshow is going to be. But (I know I don't anyway) I don't forget thats where I started the game, its where I was shown the ropes, and it was where I was welcomed into the game. I was looked after with the odd free game for helping marshall, lifts home from Eirsoft.ie, and being welcomed to use the site for practice and team training. I don't forget that, and I respect it.

I think some people just take what should be open debate where sometimes you find the middle ground, sometimes you don't and that's it. But somehow here it turns personal beyond belief and people take massive offence to having their views challenged or queried.

@ The Doc I've no explanation for why there was no minutes produced I signed off on them feck all of them were published that year again beyond my control ,
    I organised that committee meeting in the redcow and sent out the meeting agenda ,
    Your offer wasn't mentioned before the meeting ,
    First I or the other's heard of your offer was near the end of that meeting ,
    there certainly wasn't any documents anything else produced against you ,
    What happened at that site was public knowledge at that stage ,as it was all over Facebook and twitter ,then you posted on here ,I didn't know what happened nor did I want to know ,
    I was approached and asked to take action over it ,
    My response was if you want to make a complaint do so in writing and in an email, other wise its hear say what happened ,
    You weren't discussed about to retailers or sites not by me ,
    If you do feel I agrived you please accept my apologies .

Doc you do things and say thing differently to how I say and do things but I do believe we are both passionate about our sport and community

But it seem's like a lot of situations on here or off here is based off he said you said and the merry dance of grude's begin ,

Fair play. Beasty's advice has been noted and I to offer my apologies for my reaction on thread. I find it quite hard to contain myself at times;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

I've been out of the house all day so haven't had a chance to respond since Dogwatch lifted the ban. As with Doc, I received a PM which was much appreciated. I did send a PM to Dogwatch regarding the ban not of myself but of Doc, which I felt was out of line. I consider the whole issue to be totally dealt with in a satisfactory manner now.

Now that things have calmed down somewhat, who's for tea and crumpets? I'm even prepared to break out the fine china:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Sorry to all. I was going to stay out of this but, seeing as I am no longer a committee member, I want to clarify a few things.

@HRTA: The first instance of you looking to get paid was made nearly 2 years after the event (March 2012 according to your link). The first instance of you actually handing anything with an amount on it was at Salute 2012. I know, because you handed it to me.

If you are going to tell a story, please tell both sides.

I am replying to this only to let people know that it is not like he has been constantly at the IAA since 2010 to get paid. They are the only recorded instances of this. As we say in work: If it not written down, its only a rumour.

There have been too many threads on this forum that try to paint the IAA in a negative manner. It needs to stop.

It's very easy to turn black and white to gray,

your own post from the IAA forum below

Accounts
    by hrta » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 am

hrta wrote:
    tommyboy wrote:
    The total monies owed to present and past committee members stands at €2773.86.

The break down is as follows:

2010:
    Card ribbons€199.65
    Website hosting€ 60.44
    Domain name renewal€30.24
    Total €290.65 owed to committee member

2011:
    Federation of Irish Sports Membership €150.00
    Website hosting€ 60.44
    Domain name renewal€30.24
    Slaute stand €50.00
    Total €290.68 owed to 2 committee members

2012:
    Na Fianna Patches €230.00
    Red cow AGM €383
    Printer ribbons€159.9
    Red Cow EGM €224
    Flyer printing for Salute €60
    Domain hosting €61.44
    T-shirt printing Salute €180
    Salute stand €75.00
    Total €1393.34 owed to 5 past and present committee members.

The total figure includes the almost €800 for the accountant.

Not one single cent has come out of the bank as we have been unable to confirm the actual balance of that account. Past and present committee members have had no choice but to pay from their own pockets and having the paypal account tied up, prevented us from paying any bills at all using association funds. The are there and by next week all of these bills will be paid and financial aspect of the IAA will be up and running again.

When all bills are paid I will put something together to let the membership know what the state of play is.

I hope this answers your questions.

Hi Tommy,

You might have forgot to add in my bill for the tents, i rented to the IAA back in 2010, thank's.

Regards,
    Paul.

And your reply to me was,

Accounts
    by tommyboy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 pm

I am not forgetting about it Paul. It just hasn't been processed yet.

So i was told there no money for me at the time as the Accounts where bocked, so i waited to be payed for my invoice, So been nice and waiting for the payment, I am now a (what ever you would like to call as you all do) And it was you Tommy that
    signed the invoice and said, i would be payed
    , So were is the payment that i am owned, as the Account are now fixed, are they not, And still have not had a reply from the new committee by email, or a reply to my post on the Iaa forum

At the end of the day, I hate the way the former committee members of the IAA, All ways have to paint me black, As i said then to 2010 committee, hrta club did not have the funds for the 2010 Salute stand, As i did pay for the tent's and some gear every year before that from 2007, 2008, 2009, Salute show's, and the boy for toy RDS Show 2007, and what ever i could do at the time, And the IAA was to keep any money they got from these show's as was the way i had worded to them at the time, as to go in to the committee fund for the IAA,
    So all i what is a payment that is owed to from the 2010 Salute show, Now i don't think it's a lot to ask for is it, thank's.

Regards,
    Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

hrta wrote: »
    And it was you Tommy that signed the invoice and said, i would be payed[/COLOR], So were is the payment that i am owned, as the Account are now fixed, are they not, And still have not had a reply from the new committee by email, or a reply to my post on the Iaa forum

The only thing you got right in the first sentence was that I did sign the invoice (for what it was). I also told you to submit a VAT receipt which you said you would do but didn't. You don't seem to remember that.

Also, and most importantly, I never once said that you would be paid. I said that I would process it. Big difference. There was no way in hell I was going to pay out for tents that were rented to the association two years previous without at least checking the validity of the claim.

As I said, tell the whole story. Don't cherrypick the parts that make you look like a victim. Anyway, the point is moot. The matter is in the hands of the new committee.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    The only thing you got right in the first sentence was that I did sign the invoice (for what it was). I also told you to submit a VAT receipt which you said you would do but didn't. You don't seem to remember that.

Also, and most importantly, I never once said that you would be paid. I said that I would process it. Big difference. There was no way in hell I was going to pay out for tents that were rented to the association two years previous without at least checking the validity of the claim.

As I said, tell the whole story. Don't cherrypick the parts that make you look like a victim. Anyway, the point is moot. The matter is in the hands of the new committee.

So for there it is, after all this time, the Iaa have now shown what they are, If you stand up to them, this is how they treat you, and discredit you, Ah well
    at lest i got here first, thank's Tommy, i did send the invoice's, and i gave one at salute in 2010 to the Iaa committee which was <snip> were there at the time, and <snip> did reply to the payment, as posted below, It's like this lads, if you want me stop posting, just pay up, and i'm gone, or do you still love me that much, you just want me around, for some one to blame.

Regards,

Paul.

Discussion surrounding the AGM minutes
    by BioHazRd » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:39 am

hrta wrote:
    If there was investigations were all the witnesses, i know of 3 witnesses that were at salute and heard all.

I still have not been payed, for the rent of the tents for salute 2010, the outstanding fee is €300, i'd like the new committee to look in to it for me, thank's

Dear Irish Airsoft Association,
    I wish to make an access request under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 for a copy of any information you keep about me, on computer or in manual form. I am making this request under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts.

Regards,
    Paul Carey.

PS: I did send the above by email, but i still have, had no return, please if you could look in to it for me, thank's.

I will post this over on Facebook, if it gets deleted in here, as can happen to me.
    Discussion surrounding the AGM minutes
    by BioHazRd » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:39 am

BioHazRd wrote:

As for the ret ofthe post, Dave is right, this is not the place for it

Paul. Would you ever just shag off and take the matter up the correct way? Jesus h Christ your a grown ass adult, you run a business, act that way for christ sake. If there is Monies outstanding and you've submitted an invoice including vat number and its gone unpaid then file a claim in the courts if its under the limits the file it in the small claims court if that jurisdiction is open to a business. But for the love of all that's holy don't go acting like a spoiled two year old by posting on every single website, I'm surprise it's not on arnies or on airsoftgi at this point.

@mods can we put a stop to all of this "you owe me money crap" it started enough trouble over the last 24 hours and Paul has started posting more stuff that's internal to the iaa here.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

I would like to offer my most sincerest apologies to all members for my involvement in this headache of a thread.

HRTA banned for one week for not heeding the warnings on thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I really didn't want to post in this train wreck, but as my name was mentioned, I just want to clarify something.

HRTA stated that he supplied an invoice to the committee at salute for the tents. As everyone is aware, I was the chairperson of the IAA at that time, and this is the first I have heard of that. Nobody presented an invoice to me, and as I can't speak for the other two members of the committee who were present, I will allow them to address this issue themselves if they wish to do so.

HRTA also quotes from the IAA forum to make it look like I just brushed him off, however if you read the actual post, you will see that he edited it before he pasted it here. Context is everything.
    Original post on IAA forum is at http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=895&p=3512#p3512

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement