Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The super honest what's wrong with the IAA thread 2013 mod warning post 1 and post53

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Sorry for having to post this in boards, and the Mod's in here,
    but i cant get a reply from the IAA, and they don't have a postal address that i could send the invoice to, and i know i will get a reply from them here on boards, so i am sorry again to boards and the Mod's to have to use you like this, Sorry.

Paul.

Hi Irish Airsoft Association,

I still have this out standing invoice, it's now over 2 and half year, could you please pay this invoice in the next 5 days, or i will have to add in a late payment for every day it is over due, thank's.

Regards,

Paul Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

yeah coz their postal address is "www.boards.ie, the internet":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

hrta wrote: »
    Sorry for having to post this in boards, and the Mod's in here,
    but i cant get a reply from the IAA, and they don't have a postal address that i could send the invoice to, and i know i will get a reply from them here on boards, so i am sorry again to boards and the Mod's to have to use you like this, Sorry.

Paul.

Hi Irish Airsoft Association,

I still have this out standing invoice, it's now over 2 and half year, could you please pay this invoice in the next 5 days, or i will have to add in a late payment for every day it is over due, thank's.

Regards,

Paul Carey.

They do have a postal address that is available on request, they also have a wonderful new technology called e-mail that will instantly have your communication sent directly to their inbox, this "e-mail address" is available on their website. However being a former member of that body I know you already have this address and have used it many times.

Interesting you post publicly instead of direct communications???? I also see you posted this on Facebook <Snip> Impartial much?

Its a joke that people still post here when they want to communicate with the IAA when its been stated that the IAA will not engage on this forum. I guess this is simply the place to be for the to have a digg at the IAA.

fayer wrote: »
    They do have a postal address that is available on request, they also have a wonderful new technology called e-mail that will instantly have your communication sent directly to their inbox, this "e-mail address" is available on their website. However being a former member of that body I know you already have this address and have used it many times.

Interesting you post publicly instead of direct communications???? I also see you posted this on Facebook and that one of the Mod's here is supportive of your digg at the IAA..... Impartial much?

Its a joke that people still post here when they want to communicate with the IAA when its been stated that the IAA will not engage on this forum. I guess this is simply the place to be for the to have a digg at the IAA.

he also posted it in the IAA forums a couple of times too. Boards.ie home of the anti IAA mob

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Faolchu wrote: »
    he also posted it in the IAA forums a couple of times too. Boards.ie home of the anti IAA mob

Can we please not generalise a few unobjective individuals, as there are people in the Boards.ie Airsoft community who have nothing but positive opinions regarding the IAA

Myself included :)

• Advertisement

I'd agree with you there are a select number of users here that are very anti IAA and from what i can see the the mods of the airsoft forum also appear to be cut from the same cloth.

I've seen certain individuals raise old issues and bad mouth the IAA with what appears to be impunity.christ these individuals even moan that the IAA doesn't conduct its business on boards.ie even though its invested in its own forum. I'm sure if tehy duid conduct business here then they'd be moaning about teh moneu spent of teh IAA forum going to waste :rolleyes:

but I take back the sweeping generalization, there are people here that are involved with and support the IAA, but it appears to me that the site itself via the core group mentioned are very anti IAA

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So speaking up about the IAA makes you anti IAA ,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gatling wrote: »

When its baseless rubbish, yeah..it does...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

To be honest guys I'm not pro or anti iAA but if they do have a genuine outstanding payment they should at least contact the effected party with a very least yes, no or feck off your not getting paid. This limbo nonsense does nothing to promote all they good work they do as a professional organisation.
    We all know as users of the airsoft forum that our (user) name is our word and a bad sales review can really send people running the wrong way.
    I don't agree with Hrta airing dirty laundry either but at least he is communicating with them.
    I am very much aware that the iAA have mentioned time and again that they will not respond here so I think I'm typing just for the sake of it at this stage but one thing is certain I won't be paying for membership to an organisation that has no interest keeping its name and reputation intact.
    Again I don't know the whole story here between the two parties , and the IAA could have a legitimate reason for refusing payment ....... All they have to do is create a voice .

Ill get off my soapbox now.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

darren ff wrote: »
    I don't agree with Hrta airing dirty laundry either but at least he is communicating with them.

Mailing the association is communicating, posting on a forum is not.
    I am very much aware that the iAA have mentioned time and again that they will not respond here so I think I'm typing just for the sake of it at this stage but one thing is certain I won't be paying for membership to an organisation that has no interest keeping its name and reputation intact.

I have no idea what you are talking about here, the IAA is very responsive to public query's and has worked hard to remove any issues it had and has been successful to that end. Much work as gone into its name and rep, but you need to look outside this forum to see it.

• Advertisement

Do you know if they have responded to Hrta?

not at all. it the way that the opinion aired continually time and again that makes said opinion in my view anti IAA. time and again committee members are tarred with the same brush and blamed on the wrongs of previous committee members. since i've started in airosft there have been at least two committees and both have been blamed on the wrongs of before even though they themselves were not involved in it.

as mentioned they respond to those that contact them directly through their official channels. would you expect say the GAA or FAI to respond to queries on Boards.ie? if not then why expect the IAA to do so?

for paul to come on here and air what is a business transaction is in my opinion very unprofessional. if he has a legitimate business complaint then conduct it as a business via the correct channels. posting on facebook and boards is akin to throwing your toys out of the pram, hell bringing it up on the IAA forums is IMO unprofessional as its related to a business transaction. the IAA is a registered body with a registered address and publicized contact details. if paul has tried these to no avail then there are other legal channels for him to follow via the courts services; instead he decided to air it on a public forum.

the IAAs reputation today is IMO intact, its the actions of those that hold grudges and cant let go of the past for what ever reason that is tarnishing it. Why should anyone want to be involved in an association that gets mud slung at it no matter what it does? how can an association actually do any good when it has to constantly defend itself against the same accusations time and again? the last committe tried to mend bridges, I would hope that they have achieved that and I would hope that they would continue along that path.

the only way progress can be made is if people let go of the ways of the past, leave the past where it belongs, draw a line in the sand and be bloody well done with it. if you cant then just ignore the IAA. there's no requirement for any airsofter to be a member so its actions in general have no impact upon you unless its to do with assisting the nation in enacting/modifying legislation and promoting the sport.

Do you know if they have responded to Hrta?

would that not be between them and HRTA?

Faolchu wrote: »
    would that not be between them and HRTA?
    I know what your saying , but it's said "there's no such thing as bad press " but sometimes there just is. Would an option or interest to correspond not be mutually beneficial ?

Would an option or interest to correspond not be mutually beneficial ?

of course dialog would be beneficial to both parties, and for all you know the IAA have responded and HRTA just doesnt like their answer.

two way dialog is a necessity BUT it must be through the correct channels Boards.ie is not the correct way to conduct dialog with the IAA, and that is from the horses mouth. What I can say is I have emailed them recently and received a response from them within 60 minutes. that's indicative of them communicating. Any time I've contacted them they responded within 24 hours at the most.

Now the issue in question is best conducted directly with the IAA and not over an internet forum of any kind because of what it involves. by his account HRTA provided services to the IAA and is alleging he has not been paid. that is not the sort of thing that you discuss in the open, its a business transaction and should be dealt with in that manner. would you expect say the Red Cow to come on here to ask for payment of their invoice for the AGM? as a business they wouldn't, all communications would be formal and through the proper channels, an invoice, followed by an email or three followed by a few phone calls, after that demand letters and finally the courts if the invoice was not paid. That is how business transactions work.

I've no association with the IAA and am not even a member but I can say that all HRTA seems to do when the subject of the IAA comes up is piss and moan about them. so maybe if they are ignoring him there's a valid reason, just saying.

I did say in an earlier post that I did not know the whole story and I also stated that the IAA may have valid reason for refusing payment. I also implied that this wasn't the proper channel to conduct this argument ( dirty laundry) , by Paul's account he has stated that he has contacted the IAA numerous times without response (again only by his post) so I was hoping to generate discussion with this topic and hopefully hear both parties ( thanks to the lads for posting their opinions).
    Technically It is none of my business ( before its pointed out to me) but I felt that as this matter is now out in the open it is fair game for discussion.
    I also do believe that a member or official of the IAA should jump on here and give their opinion, of course I'm not looking for sensitive information ( again since I'm not a member I have no right to ask) but something like ; "hey such and such from the IAA here please pm me to discuss this matter "
    This is a discussion forum so ALL parties should have their voice or all that will be left is fabrication and ignorance

so I was hoping to generate discussion with this topic and hopefully hear both parties ( thanks to the lads for posting their opinions).................

but alas you wont get a fair discussion, in my opinion. some people cant let go of the past
    I also do believe that a member or official of the IAA should jump on here and give their opinion, ..........but something like ; "hey such and such from the IAA here please pm me to discuss this matter "
    This is a discussion forum so ALL parties should have their voice or all that will be left is fabrication and ignorance

yes it is a discussion forum however its NOT the IAAs forum and that is the crux of teh issue here. time and again IAA discussions have come up and they fall into chaos because the same people take it off topic (see HRTA's Recent post we're talking about now for example), the same mud is slung and then the same mods become bias and start modifying posts, banning people and locking threads.

there's a reason the IAA have decided to not use boards.ie and I agree with them all you need to do is look at past discussions.

Will do, in the end I can only take what has been said at face value from both parties , I'm not affiliated with either side but as a regular joe soap airsofter all I can do is respond to what I see , and from what I thought was a reluctance from one party not to be heard made me interested in this topic,
    But your are right it does warrant further investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Mailing the association is communicating, posting on a forum is not.

110% agree
    the IAA is very responsive to public query's and has worked hard to remove any issues it had and has been successful to that end. Much work as gone into its name and rep, but you need to look outside this forum to see it.

@darren fayer is spot on here. Before Berget last year myself and a few others who were travelling SAS had concerns about travelling with aegs as management from the airline didn't really know themselves what the company policies were when it came to transporting aegs. After contacting the IAA to get advice, one of their representatives (won't mention names on public forum) passed on all relevant information at his disposal along with his mobile number so if we encountered any problems at check in to ring him and he would travel to airport (said he lived 20 or so mins away) and talk to management to try to work out any problems and allay any concerns they may have. Thankfully there wasn't an issue, but to know that help was at hand was some sort of relief. And not forgetting, this committee member was someone who volunteered his own time, like the rest, while having job and family commitments aswell.

These are things you certainly won't hear about on this forum, mostly people attacking the IAA because of issues they've had in the past, mostly people that won't be bothered their ass to put themselves forward when it comes to voting in new committees, to right all the so called wrongs they see with the IAA.

Sure jesus christ, the new committee isn't even a month old and already you have people trying to to stir the ****. It's nothing short of disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

TheDoc wrote: »
    When its baseless rubbish, yeah..it does...

Were you the same poster who came onto boards.ie to accuse the IAA of tarnishing your reputation after asking a mate on a committee to make your service as a webmaster available to the IAA ,

didnt you also come onto boards.ie to post about headbutting /loafing another airsoft player at an IAA affiliated site,
    Now history has shown the first people to use the baseless allegation excuse is usually the first admit to there was wrong doing, and is followed by public apologies and various pubic appearance's I didn't know it was happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

jayod30 wrote: »
    Before Berget last year myself and a few others who were travelling SAS had concerns about travelling with aegs as management from the airline didn't really know themselves what the company policies were when it came to transporting aegs.

Actually that's not true. SAS were the first airline I encountered to have clear mention of airsoft in their T&C/guidelines. Any "problems" I have encountered with airlines with regards airsoft have tended not to be airline staff but airport staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

All posters are reminded that information that identifies or speculates over the identity of any other poster is against the Boards.ie charter.
    Any further instances that occur will be sanctioned

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

This is not a dig at the IAA, it's about an out standing invoice that has not been payed, and i have try ed to contact the IAA numerous times, without response from them, And as a business, there are time's this is how we have to recover money, that's owed to us,
    After we have try ed all other communications and have failed.

And don't take my word for this, here is the link's to the other communications,after 2 1/2 years, And when it's suit's the IAA they do post on boards.

http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3510#p3510

http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3512#p3512

http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3552#p3552

http://www.irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3553#p3553

Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Sorry to all. I was going to stay out of this but, seeing as I am no longer a committee member, I want to clarify a few things.

@HRTA: The first instance of you looking to get paid was made nearly 2 years after the event (March 2012 according to your link). The first instance of you actually handing anything with an amount on it was at Salute 2012. I know, because you handed it to me.

If you are going to tell a story, please tell both sides.

I am replying to this only to let people know that it is not like he has been constantly at the IAA since 2010 to get paid. They are the only recorded instances of this. As we say in work: If it not written down, its only a rumour.

There have been too many threads on this forum that try to paint the IAA in a negative manner. It needs to stop.

Lemming wrote: »
    Actually that's not true. SAS were the first airline I encountered to have clear mention of airsoft in their T&C/guidelines. Any "problems" I have encountered with airlines with regards airsoft have tended not to be airline staff but airport staff.

If you read over what you have quoted I said, you'll see I mentioned nothing about it not being in their T&C, but that the management/staff had no clue what their policies were. I had numerous conversations with them, phone and email, as did another I travelled with and up until a month or so before we travelled we were told that the aegs were to be transported under their firearm guidelines. I do have to say though, after numerous times going over their baggage T&C (special baggage) I never once seen anything mentioning Airsoft, but that might have been an oversight on my part and am open to correction on that.

Anyway, the purpose of my post wasn't to debate the T&C of SAS but to show that my dealings with the IAA were nothing but positive, that is all:)

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    There have been too many threads on this forum that try to paint the IAA in a negative manner. It needs to stop.

Unfortunately, when some of the mods are part of the IAA bashing, I can't see these threads stopping anytime soon. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Were you the same poster who came onto boards.ie to accuse the IAA of tarnishing your reputation after asking a mate on a committee to make your service as a webmaster available to the IAA ,

Yeah I was. And the accusation wasn't against the IAA, it was against very specific people, you included, who decided to have a little gossip and bitch about me when I offered to assist with some technical backend work for the IAA.

After hearing this, and commitee members flat out lieing that it didn't happen, I very clearly told you all to get ****ed

didnt you also come onto boards.ie to post about headbutting /loafing another airsoft player at an IAA affiliated site

Yeah I did. An aggressive player kicked a pallet I was behind knocking me back, when I got up to confront he got aggressive so I smacked him. What's the problem?
    Now history has shown the first people to use the baseless allegation excuse is usually the first admit to there was wrong doing, and is followed by public apologies and various pubic appearance's I didn't know it was happening

That makes no sense, I'll try to actually break that down. You are trying to say that people who try muffle IAA criticise, end up coming out apologising and acknowledging something has actually happened?

Er, no.

The stuff you, Andy_G and Tony McCann have posted in this thread, has been total rubbish. You've harpered on about transparency, where the IAA last term was transparent as could be.
    Do you want a ****ing letter in your mailbox to give you a personal update on what's going on?

You don't even play the game anymore, you come out of the woodwork every now and again to get involved in IAA bashing, or anything you can get a bit of contro. I'd tell you that if you wanted to see change to get involved and run for a position, but sure we already know how that worked out don't we ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

@ TheDoc...you were warned about personal information.........One week ban ....BAN LIFTED

Paul you seem to miss the point. If its a business transaction for which you were not paid then as a business you have legal recourse through the courts. Pure and simple. Going on Facebook, the iaa forum and boards.ie to bring it up is bad form as a business, It screams of unprofessionalism akin throwing your toys out of the pram. Also by acting the way you have it may have actually hindered any recourse you may have had and the time period for debt collection may also have past.

I think it's safe to say that there will always be annomosity between selecte members of the community, some pro some anti iaa. As is evident over the last two years I've been here it will never change because they can not change. Both sides need to build a bloody bridge and get over it. The past is where it belongs and without a forward thinking attitude the community will suffer because no one will want to get involved with the association and then a voice of the sport will be lost. Something I think we came damn close to this year.

Maybe it's time to invoke another ban on discussions because its painfully obvious people can't be civil to each other when this topic comes up.

• Advertisement

Dogwatch wrote: »
    @ TheDoc...you were warned about personal information.........One week ban

I have the email in front of me from TheDocs original post, please elaborate on the personal information as I can see none?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement