Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The super honest what's wrong with the IAA thread 2013 mod warning post 1 and post53

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Don't let the nonsense that goes on here put you off. There are other forums that you can see a better relationship between the posters. Airsoft is a great hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

brenak47 wrote: »
    Fairly new to airsoft and i always thought it was a fun hobby/sport to get into until i read some of the posts here.Staring to think was it a good idea and will there be a sport for the next generation/newbies to continue on. Im hoping so as i've become to enjoy the sport i'll just have to wait and see i guess

Since when has an argument on boards ever stopped you enjoying yourself. Lets not over dramatise things. Ignore the thread and enjoy your airsoft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    That's true for some forums, but Steve has actually played Airsoft. Also, someone who ,moderated the politics forum may not be a Politician but may be heavily involved in local Politics. They may be part of a party campaign team. Yes?

They may. They may not. Moderator status does not infer anything about a moderator's interests or profession.
    I would like to clarify that this is not a slight on Steve's name or his ability as a moderator but simply to disprove andy_G's statement that Steve does not play and therefore has" no laundry to air".

Sorry, but that's not what you said. Granted I didn't see the part moderated by DogWatch, but you asked how someone can moderate the [airsoft] forum and not play. So no, you didn't disprove anything. I have no idea if Steve plays or has not (and perhaps Andy_G doesn't either ... if you had considered that?), or whether or not he has done anything other than play a rental-game once. But I do know that when he did join, he did not play and was co-opted in to cover adverts since I was stepping down as one of the requirements at the time was that an adverts.ie moderator be involved.

In any case, Steve can fight his own battles so that's all I have to say on the matter.

jayod30 wrote: »
    Since when has an argument on boards ever stopped you enjoying yourself. Lets not over dramatise things. Ignore the thread and enjoy your airsoft

Never a more true word said. The amount of times there have been arguments or disagreements on boards, and the following skirmish day the same two people who you are expecting to kill each other are having a laugh. It's easy to sit behind a screen and type stuff when you don't have to look someone in the eye, and of course text doesn't convey humour, inflection, body language, or tone resulting in it being so very easy to read something wrong, or read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

andy_g wrote: »
    The thread had been opened by Steve who doesn't even play airsoft and thus no laundry to air.

He opened it for a discussion on whats wrong with the iaa and people from the committee past and present seem to have problems with a discussion. Im sure people will be finished posting about it when the thread has died.

In the mean time still a discussion forum if you dont wish to be part of it there is always the door its free to leave at any time.

On a lighter note happy friday all have a great weekend if gaming or not :)
    Andy

This is possibly the most amazing post I've seen on here in a long time, reflect back to see the irony among other things.

Good day gentleman,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just to clear this up:

Andy is 100% correct. I don't play Airsoft. I have played it once or twice, I mostly know what it's all about but I am not an active participant in the sport.
    I am here - to cut a long story short - because I have experience with running an adverts board and a replacement mod was needed when lemming stepped down from airsoft adverts. I, somehow, got the gig. :)

I assure you all I am unbiased and hold no affiliations - you will be judged, if necessary, purely on what you post here as per the boards rules.

Thanks,
    Steve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Lemming wrote: »

To answer your question above, has anyone thought to ask whether or not the DoJ wants to contact the IAA at this juncture in time?

The IAA had several productive conversations with the DoJ over the last 9 months, also severa departments of the Guards and detailed conversations with customs.

The relationship with Government departments appears to be solid, and also helpful to both sides from the topics covered.

Interesting what TonyMc says the DoJ said, in my experience (and I have real experince working with these people) comments like that would never be made, they are highly profisional people and even at the hight of real issues in the community they always maintain a ridged impartially. But fear not TonyMc, I will me making a complaint to the DoJ about the unprofessional comments they made to you in respect of our NGB.

I am lothed to post in this train wreck, but I ask the question.

With a newly elected committee that actually have all the fasts of the IAA under their charge, why are we in this circular conversation, people have personal issues with me and others that sat on the IAA, we are all gone.

Give the new guys a chance.

The IAA is simply a name, it has a new team running it, the have a clean sheet and no BS to clean up, why is everyone not rejoicing in this and throwing support behind these guys for the good of the sport????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

fayer wrote: »
    The IAA is simply a name, it has a new team .....why is everyone not rejoicing in this and throwing support behind these guys for the good of the sport????
    Well said! were do the 'new team' game, would be good to see them out and about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

whydave wrote: »
    Well said! were do the 'new team' game, would be good to see them out and about ?

From talking to them at the AGM they are planning on getting around a good bit. Would be nice to see where they will be posted on Facebook, Twitter etc so people can get face to face.

So with 4 weeks notice any chance some of the 'new team' could attend jolly boys tour 4?

David

(Email sent, facebook message sent )

So with 4 weeks notice any chance some of the 'new team' could attend jolly boys tour 4?
    David
    (Email sent, facebook message sent )

Email received!

• Advertisement

So invite sent via facebook for Jolly boys 5.hope to hear back soon.
    Email sent.
    new email sent with new date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

So invite sent via facebook for Jolly boys 5.hope to hear back soon.
    Email sent.
    new email sent with new date

Wonder if you'll get a reply.

Wonder if you'll get a reply.

Why wouldn't he???

Why wouldn't he???

As i have mailed them before with no replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Have you mailed the current committee with no reply?

Have you mailed the current committee with no reply?

no the last committee as the matter has now passed.

So how does that have anything to do with the current committee?

And as a matter of interest, I was PRO for the last committee and all emails to info@irishairsoft.ie came to me. I replied to every email received and I don't recall one from yourself.

If you like i'll resend you the email with the same email address i used ;)

I'm no longer on the committee so it wouldn't do much good as I wouldn't see it. And you miss the point of my post. Why tar this committee with whichever brush you believe past committees should be tarred? What positive result can come from your implying that whoever is in charge now won't respond to someone else because you believe you were ignored by someone entirely unrelated to them? Just negativity for negativity's sake.

grand stuff so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

The previous committee made a policy decision not to interact on Boards.ie. Does the newest committee intend to continue that policy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Dogwatch wrote: »
    The previous committee made a policy decision not to interact on Boards.ie. Does the newest committee intend to continue that policy?

I don't believe it's a conscious decision, more so just not professional to do so. There are official avenues for official communications, and Boards.ie is just a discussion forum. I suppose it's like expecting an official response from the RSA in the motoring forums...it's just not the place. Just because we know the guys, or feel like we do, doesn't change the fact that it is a recognised organisation that serves as the NGB for airsoft in Ireland, which means it needs to carry itself in a certain way.

As i have mailed them before with no replies.

With the way some mods carry on around here with their continuous "stirring the sh1t" when it comes to all things related to the IAA I would hope they stay well clear of boards.ie, for the good of the IAA. If people want to contact them its pretty easy to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ginge_2013

Andy_G the IAA have again decided not to use boards as it is not professional to do so.
    I also know for a fact that the IAA were invited to Jolly Boys 4 and declined by e-mail due to scheduling conflicts. You should really check your facts.

With the way some mods carry on around here with their continuous "stirring the sh1t" when it comes to all things related to the IAA I would hope they stay well clear of boards.ie, for the good of the IAA. If people want to contact them its pretty easy to.

Why do you consider a simple question to be "stirring the ****".
    If you dont know the answer then dont respond.

If the IAA still exists then maybe a current committee member could let us know they will not be using boards and all these stickied threads can be let drop down the forum into oblivion.

Do u want an e-mail from one of them? Then maybe this thread can be closed instead of carrying on bad mouthing a new committee

ginge_2013 wrote: »
    Do u want an e-mail from one of them? Then maybe this thread can be closed instead of carrying on bad mouthing a new committee
    Your connection to the new committee is?????????

Why do you consider a simple question to be "stirring the ****".
    If you dont know the answer then dont respond.

If the IAA still exists then maybe a current committee member could let us know they will not be using boards and all these stickied threads can be let drop down the forum into oblivion.

It wasn't yourself or your question that I was accusing of stirring the sh1t. It was that sorry excuse of a mod AndyG with his constant grips and digs at the association. I have to agree with ginge, wtf has this thread not been locked. What purpose has it served only to drag up the same old sh1t over and over. To much to ask I suppose for one of you to get your finger out of your rear ends and do something positive for once and lock the damn thread

What does it matter my connection. I asked a question are you going to answer it?

• Advertisement

Im actually a supporter of the iaa so no stirring to see here apart from some tea or coffee.

ginge_2013 wrote: »
    Andy_G the IAA have again decided not to use boards as it is not professional to do so.
    I also know for a fact that the IAA were invited to Jolly Boys 4 and declined by e-mail due to scheduling conflicts. You should really check your facts.

Please note i never asked the question regarding using boards if you noted it was a co-mod.
    It wasn't yourself or your question that I was accusing of stirring the sh1t. It was that sorry excuse of a mod AndyG with his constant grips and digs at the association. I have to agree with ginge, wtf has this thread not been locked. What purpose has it served only to drag up the same old sh1t over and over. To much to ask I suppose for one of you to get your finger out of your rear ends and do something positive for once and lock the damn thread

Woohoo another hater to add to my list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement