Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

WIZE wrote: »
    Snowing and Sticking in Celbridge

same here, hope it keeps up)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

delw wrote: »
    Cheers Ian,nice alright,i like the "Snow stopping in 4 min., starting again 25 min." bit & little graph that goes with it :D

Cool aint it?! .. I tested it here... maybe not great on timing but was right ! ha .
    I like the smooth animation too of the radar and even the simulated radar..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Rougies wrote: »
    Wind gone more easterly again. I'm calling it game over for myself for tonight. You'd think looking at the radar this evening that the east was getting hammered, but nobody's got more than a dusting.

In fairness, this is what was modeled and forecast so can't be too aggrieved. A dusting is better than a kick in the face I suppose.

Yup, stopped here (outside Kildare town) only leaving a dusting, which looks like its starting to melt even though its sub zero. Though if there were a good few of those showers tonight there could be a cm or two on the ground come morning.

Edit : I dont think my dusting is going anywhere - I see ice crystals reflecting off the road now - its freezing solid !

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Not good. Showers fizzling up before they reach Cork, as per usual. Snow shield up. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Nice big flakes now in Waterford City

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

pp_me wrote: »
    Snowing in Waterford!

Not looking like it will stick though plus its too stop and start not really heavy flows :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

jo06555 wrote: »
    Not looking like it will stick though plus its too stop and start not really heavy flows :(

Its starting to get going.. give it a chance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

WIZE wrote: »
    Snowing and Sticking in Celbridge

No fair wait until I'm home (in Celbridge obviously)! In mayo ATM and the closest I got was the faintest of snizzle this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

pp_me wrote: »
    Its starting to get going.. give it a chance ;)

yep i just looked out back window and table is getting its first coat :D lets hope it keeps coming ...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

in Clare it's so clear I can see the moon through the snow shield...

Windows are iced over too....

Nil sneachta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

STICKING. EVERYWHERE. YESSS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I thought the IOM shadow was bad for the day I got stuck in it in 2010. But the Wicklow Mountains shadow is something else. Think I'll go crazy soon.

Edit: actually irrelevant now, no precip east of Wicklow over the sea anyway. Night over. Curse you sea track.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy snow the last 30 mins or so and now sticking to all surfaces.

www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxstream.php

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Light showers on and off here in Rathangan since I got home around 5.30.

One going now. Some big flakes in this one.

Nice covering on everything. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

John.Icy wrote: »
    I thought the IOM shadow was bad for the day I got stuck in it in 2010. But the Wicklow Mountains shadow is something else. Think I'll go crazy soon.

Edit: actually irrelevant now, no precip east of Wicklow over the sea anyway. Night over. Curse you sea track.

Wind direction seems to have swung slightly south of east, so I guess that's it for here (near Kildare town) too, I think the earlier shower was the main event for the night, some light snow falling now but its not much and probably nothing more unless the wind swings north of east again. I think I can go to bed reasonably sure I'm not going to have to dig the car out in the morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

That match has ruined me, hoping to have a cover in the morning to ease the blow. Goodbye Brazil :(

Video shot in Waterford City about 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lovely snow falling in athlone. Light and fluffy! Hope it can stick

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

think im done, waited up long enough to see nothing, very dissapointing after a promising start this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

interesting to note the difference in shower type between here and Scotland with the more intense cellular convection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

My neighbour just drove from Waterford to Tramore in the snow..... WoW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAnexg9ADA&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

When was this video taken and where is the snow in Tramore? Is there any sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Went a bit Blair Witch at the end with the hand and heavy breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Radar back on track for Dublin later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Started up in the last 5 mins in D4 again, heavier this time (please stick!)

Coming down heavier & starting to stick (5M ASL) I'd say it's going to be fun east of here!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Was snowing heavy a few minutes ago in D15. It stuck but didnt last long enough to cover much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Was snowing heavy a few minutes ago in D15. It stuck but didnt last long enough to cover much.

Dont worry, from the radar it looks like there is more on the way, eased off here for 5 mins & is belting down again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Made my first snowball tonight since 2010 and had to launch in at me boss while she was smoking
    And it's coming down nicely now in tallaght again
    Hope to wake up to white road and white fields

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

No snow here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Made my first snowball tonight since 2010 and had to launch in at me boss while she was smoking
    And it's coming down nicely now in tallaght again
    Hope to wake up to white road and white fields

Weren't you recently giving out about people throwing eggs etc.? :P :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement