Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

MT said earlier he'd give an update about 8pm, did I miss it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

How come the Isle of Man isn't preventing the streamers from forming? Not that I particularly miss it.

These streamers are so p##s weak old IOM doesn't want to be seen picking on them. So he's giving them a Hall Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

How come the Isle of Man isn't preventing the streamers from forming? Not that I particularly miss it.

I may be mistaken but i dont think they are streamers. They are not being formed by cold air moving over warm water driven by easterly wind. They are part of a weather system that is pre formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Clocks going forward at the weekend....can look forward to an hour extra of snow at this rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Deank wrote: »
    MT said earlier he'd give an update about 8pm, did I miss it???

No update yet, was that not him in the Aviva with Robbie Keane :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

The only proper streamer is the narrow band of precipitation stretching from the Isle of Man to the SE of Belfast. Others are just standard cold air over "warm" water showers

I may be mistaken but i dont think they are streamers. They are not being formed by cold air moving over warm water driven by easterly wind. They are part of a weather system that is pre formed.

Nah, they're streamers alright, nothing frontal about this event it's all convection, the Irish Sea is bubbling up nicely and should continue to do so with the easterly winds and cold uppers causing streamers(prays for a N/E wind :))

No update yet, was that not him in the Aviva with Robbie Keane :pac:

Someone send up the Bat Signal (MT Signal)

Deank wrote: »
    Nah, they're streamers alright, nothing frontal about this event it's all convection, the Irish Sea is bubbling up nicely and should continue to do so with the easterly winds and cold uppers causing streamers(prays for a N/E wind :))

They aren't streamers (except for the one stretching from the Isle of Man to NI). They are just standard showers forming over the relatively warm Irish Sea. A streamer is a narrow and elongated strip of showers that continuously hits an area and can shift slightly with wind direction.

patneve2 wrote: »
    They aren't streamers (except for the one stretching from the Isle of Man to NI). They are just standard showers forming over the relatively warm Irish Sea. A streamer is a narrow and elongated strip of showers that continuously hits an area and can shift slightly with wind direction.

I reckon I stand corrected so, but the reason for my assumption is that the Irish Sea is not that warm so hence streamer action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Looked ominous on radar but intensity has been pathetic so far, light fluffy intermittent snow in Wexford.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Watching RTE weather there after 9 news. Not much to get worked up about :confused: few flurries tonight and tommorow and then dry weather later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Nothing in blackrock for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nice blob going to hit Dublin in about 15 minutes...

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=53.34&lon=-6.127272727272728&z=7&x=197&y=352&type=rain-snow-sleet

And Humidity just jumped at Howth (10:39) weather station by 4% in 3 minutes :) double edit: make that 7% in 4 mins

http://www.islandbawn.com/wf/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Dry with clear skies here,but big puffy clouds to the east and south

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Looked ominous on radar but intensity has been pathetic so far, light fluffy intermittent snow in Wexford.
    Seems to be the story of the day in most places BEASTERLY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

PPN starting to kick off in the South Irish sea
    I think we have a chance of seeing some good snowfall down here at some stage tonight. Also temps now below freezing meaning anything that does fall will freeze.
    I wont be surprised to wake in the morning to disruption in Cork

delw wrote: »
    Seems to be the story of the day in most places BEASTERLY

Yep, just a continuation of what weve had all day, look so much more promising on radar.

I think we have a chance of seeing some good snowfall down here at some stage tonight. Also temps now below freezing meaning anything that does fall will freeze.

Cork's potential to see sea effect snow showers is vastly underrated, you just haven't been lucky in the past few years. Hopefully tonight will deliver something for you.

Well im right under it and visibility is currently above 5km.

• Advertisement

Nice big fat flakes falling here now :D

IMAG1157_BURST016.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Live Snowcam up and running again, you will see I have cleared todays fall from the area, snow sits easily on the playmat floor tiles as they are insulating from the soil.

Advert when you click just runs for 20 seconds then live view.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

Woodstown, Knocklyon, D16.

Improvement now, vis under 1000m, lets see how long it can go for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

aboyro wrote: »
    nothing here. had a few snow grain blizzards during the day, which melted rapidly. if they fell tonight i'd expect an accumilation of about 1-2mm:mad:

same story here in meath, sweet feck all. Keep going outside hoping for something but just bone dry ground and not even a frost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Big Heavy shower heading into the Dublin city now

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

Snowig big flakes dublin 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Mech1 wrote: »
    Live Snowcam up and running again, you will see I have cleared todays fall from the area, snow sits easily on the playmat floor tiles as they are insulating from the soil.

Advert when you click just runs for 20 seconds then live view.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

Woodstown, Knocklyon, D16.
    Love adblock me :D

Edit : nice heavish shower now sticking to car roofs etc....

Light snow again, shower about to hit...looks the best all day looking at the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

highdef wrote: »
    Big Heavy shower heading into the Dublin city now

Heavy snow here in D13 now. Cars are covered. Wind getting a bit gusty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Heaviest snow so far today here.

Car is well covered after 15 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement