Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 criaga classes

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a horse to share in Dublin, I am an experienced rider and have worked in racing and showjumping yards as well as owning my own horses. I moved to Dublin for college and am missing riding now. I am looking for a horse that is stabled somewhere fairly accesible by public transport because I dont drive. I have just graduated and am not in a position to share costs but I am prepared to do a few mornings/evenings a week and could do whatever mucking out/grooming etc is needed.This might suit someone that needs help bringing on a young horse or someone that doesnt have enough time to spend with their horse. I would like something that is forward going -but not dangerous. please pm if this sounds like it might suit you. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cappawhite

16.2 All rounder Irish Sport Horse Gelding, 10 years old. Honest and well mannered. Ridden in a snaffle. Suit nervous rider. Great for hacking / Showjumping / huntertrials and the beach - fun allrounder. Available for half livery share in Kill International Equestrian. Check out the website for all the amazing facilities...... http://www.killequestrian.ie/

2/3 days riding on offer in exchange for sharing costs. PM me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pamvet

Hi, I'm looking for a 13-15 year old child to ride some ponies (3) and compete them for me. I have a yard in Sallins so they are welcome to keep their own pony with me in exchange for riding and competing my ponies. They would have to be good little riders as the ponies range from 4yrs up. If anyone can think of anyones kids that would like to do it could they PM me. Thanks, Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Hey Everyone, I'm 16 5'5 and looking for a horse to share in around south dublin. Preferably not too forward going as I'm not 100% confident and would love to improve my confidence more and work in show jumping,dressage and cross country! Would love to ride anything from 15hh upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niamhxxfriel

Alliewags wrote: »
    I have a 16.2 lovely all rounder stabled up in stepaside Dublin 18, He's a real pet, I have recently had a baby so I'm looking for someone to horse share with me. Great facilities, big indoor ,two outdoors and a lovely area for hacking,nice cross country.
    there are two livery lessons a week that you can partake in too.
    Only reply to me if you're seriously interested as I want to get someone asap.
    Price on enquiry- I pay all vet and shoes. You'd need a car to get up there, just to you know! it's a bit of a walk from the nearest bus stop!
    were abouts do you live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

were abouts do you live

watch your dates niamh, that post is from 2007! you want to stay in the last few pages or you're going back to really old posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 melsk1

Hi
    I am looking for an experienced and friendly rider to share my lovely 16.1hh Gelding. He is stabled in near Enniskerry/Kilmacanogue.

I am looking for someone with their own transport and who would like to ride at least 3 times a week.

The yard has a lovely outdoor arena with lights and very good hacking close by.

Financial contribution required.

Please contact me for more info
    <snip>

Mod edit: No personal details in posts (you never know who's out there reading your post!) Please PM if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kats39

Borderfox wrote: »
    I am looking to share my 15'2 half Connemara cob, easy ride and a nice jump too. About 13-14 years old but lots of energy, stabled in North County Dublin in a large yard with indoor arena and two outdoor arena's. Flexible on days

5EB4B3BA542A43EF9B18C1F29730B5FC.jpg
    Hello there,
    Just wondering if you found someone to horse share?

Am interested in horsesharing, i had to sell my horse a few years ago due to having children very close! I am back riding now and would love to have access to a horse to mind and ride, I could easily do 3-4 days.

Thanks

kats39 wrote: »
    Hello there,
    Just wondering if you found someone to horse share?

Am interested in horsesharing, i had to sell my horse a few years ago due to having children very close! I am back riding now and would love to have access to a horse to mind and ride, I could easily do 3-4 days.

Thanks[/QUOTE

Hi Kat
    I am still looking. We can pm with more details!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KazNCD

Hi,

I have a fabulous 16.2 horse available for share who is stabled in private yard on Swords/Ashbourne border. The yard has a large outdoor arena and plenty of quiet roads for hacking

He is available 3 days a week and I can be flexible on days. The horse is settled but not a novice ride. He is doing it all, show jumping, dressage and cross country. The sharer can compete on him if they want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bambootree

Hi KazNCD , I am interested in your add. I have a good bit of experience with Horses have owned 2 of my own sold my lad about 6 months ago and I am really looking to get back into riding now on a regular bases. I live in North Dublin near to Swords. If you get a chance might you be able to PM me the yard you are in and the cost of livery? thanks looking forward to hearing from you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KazNCD

PM sent to bambootree:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tizzyowner

My herd has migrated to Dublin and I am crippled with the livery cost. They are all on grass livery at €40 per week each so individually they would represent great value for money for a sharer. The amount of contribution could be a matter for negotiation depending on the circumstances. The yard is near Donabate - 2 km from the M1 and 2 km from Donabate railway station. The yard is small but gorgeous and the people are really friendly. The downside is there is no proper arena (not even an outdoor one) though there is a marked off area in a field. There are loads of fields for hacking and the beach is minutes away and quiet lanes around (they actually are quiet despite proximity to Dublin and Motorway). There is a new riding school opened up about 10 minutes hack away and I must investigate whether they would allow use of the arena. There are two good instructors at the yard; one is the incomparable Laura Domenica.

I have the following:

A super-lovely 15h 6 year old coloured mare who is intelligent, eager to please and sweet tempered. She is fairly calm, not spooky or flighty (despite being one quarter arab) and not too forward-going but she is very green and needs someone who knows what they are doing for that reason - she barely keeps a straight line in walk - just needs a knowledgeable guiding hand to bring her on. Her flaw is that she is very anxious about cars though I am pretty confident this could be overcome with some work. She would be an exceptionally rewarding ride for the right person and as she learned to come into an outline her floaty paces would really be appreciated.
    At present my riding is too much at the 'improving' stage to be much use to her - I prefer to use my cob (see below) to make mistakes on so whoever was interested could have pretty much exclusive use of her for the meantime.

A 14h cob gelding 16 years old very dark brown. A real schoolmaster - really knows his job and very, very good for improving on. Carries an adult no problem. He loves jumping and takes himself around a course of jumps but at this stage in life perhaps not much higher than 90 cm. Not for a complete beginner as he can be heavy in the head but otherwise he's flawless and very comfortable. He is ridden two mornings on weekdays and once at weekend and is otherwise available and he benefits greatly by being ridden daily, though obviously not very hard all the time.

A 12h coloured gelding of sweet personality with a great jump - can jump a metre with a fairly substantial child on board. Obviously not for an adult! He is also ridden two mornings on weekdays and once at weekends but otherwise available.

Please contact me if you are interested in sharing any of these rather special horses.

Many thanks for viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jocol

pamvet wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for a 13-15 year old child to ride some ponies (3) and compete them for me. I have a yard in Sallins so they are welcome to keep their own pony with me in exchange for riding and competing my ponies. They would have to be good little riders as the ponies range from 4yrs up. If anyone can think of anyones kids that would like to do it could they PM me. Thanks, Pamela

Pm sent Pamela, very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mel94

melsk1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking for an experienced and friendly rider to share my lovely 16.1hh Gelding. He is stabled in near Enniskerry/Kilmacanogue.

I am looking for someone with their own transport and who would like to ride at least 3 times a week.

The yard has a lovely outdoor arena with lights and very good hacking close by.

Financial contribution required.

Please contact me for more info
    <snip>

Mod edit: No personal details in posts (you never know who's out there reading your post!) Please PM if you are interested.

Hi just wondering if you have found anyone to share with? If not
    Could you please send me more details! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kristin Vollset

Hi! I am looking for someone to share a 5 year old trotting horse. He''s a beautiful, calm, and extremely friendly horse, but he is also very fast. He''s amazing to jockey, the best horse I have been on in my life. I don''t have enough time or money to keep him by myself, so I am looking for someone who wants to take him out minimum 2 times per week, and who can pay for half the cost of stable, ie half of 240 euros per month. Let me know if you are interested, and we can meet up and discuss:)
    <snip>
    Mod edit: please don't include personal contact details in posts. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gilby32

hi, i am looking for a sharer for my 14'2 10 year old cob. im in north dublin in my own yard. i have no arena but fields to ride in. i am looking for a confident rider as he can be quite stubborn. i am not looking for any cash or exchange in duties just someone to exercise him for me. if interested pm me thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ajmb

Hi I'm a 19 year old girl living in cork and am really interested in horse sharing as I dont have the means to own my own horse. I am a confident rider and like a challenge. Looking for a horse 16H or higher. If anyone is interested PM me. Thanks.

mel94 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if you have found anyone to share with? If not
    Could you please send me more details! Thanks :)

Please PM me!! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Hi, I'm looking for a young plucky person to hack out an old retired pony. He is very forward moving (in an excited way, not bold whatsoever!) so I would prefer someone who is not a novice rider.
    He is 14hh, has done everything but is retired due to tendon injury a few years ago and loves hacking out. He could still do dressage but no jumping unfortunately!
    He is in a yard on his own outside Naas, walking/cycling distance from the town. There are fields and an outdoor arena to ride in with quiet roads to hack on. Has all his tack and equipment etc.
    No financial contribution required I just want someone to take him out, even once or twice a week, more if they want!
    PM me if interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jade007x

hi i am 14 years old and am living in the mallow area i have been riding for 9 years and i also ride my friends horse of 15.2 but i have ridden as large as 16.2 :) if anyone is looking for a rider i would be delighted to help i do alot of (showjumping) (xcountry) (hunting) (racing) i have done a small bit of dressage but not as much as the others **if you are looking for some1 to hack or treck i can also do that** please pm me if you are interested or for more info :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

hi,

i am 20 years old living in Dublin, i would love to help someone out with their horse in the south dublin area. i used to ride all the time when i was younger but had a bad fall and am just back gaining confidence at it now!

i am 5'11 and a medium build! i would do anything if it involves horses like taking care of your horse during the day if you don't have time!

please pm me if you think you could help me in any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kristin Vollset

Hi! My name is Kristin Vollset. I am still looking for someone to share a 5 year old trotting horse, in a yard in South Dublin. He's a beautiful, calm, and extremely friendly horse, but he is also very fast. He's amazing to jockey, the best horse I have been on in my life. I don't have enough time and money to keep him by myself, so I am looking for someone who wants to take him out minimum 2 times per week, and who can pay for half the cost of stable, (ie half of 240 euros per month). Let me know if you are interested!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I'm interested to know if anyone would like their horses/ponies schooled for free? I have my BHS Stage One, R&RS, Child Protection done. I currently work full time so would only be available evenings/weekends. I have a lot of experience with young stock, I used to break and train ponies and compete in IPS and SJAI, Eventing Ireland etc., experience with foxhunting and dressage. I used to teach full time in a stables at home but have not had time since I moved to Dublin to do as much as I'd like, plus it is very expensive. If anyone thinks that I might be what you are looking for, PM me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 loulou23

Hi,

I am an experienced rider who hasn't ridden in a year. I am looking to get back into it. I am interested in exercising horses or perhaps a part share depending on price. I would be looking to do this twice a week. I am based near the phoenix park so ideally looking for somewhere within a 30 minute drive.If you are interested please pm me for more details. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mitzymoo

I am looking for a horse/pony share in Meath (with 20 mins of ratoath area), if the price is good then may consider a full lease/loan. Ideally I am looking for a quiet ride, not interested in jumping or competitons, just for relaxation and pleasure, a large pony or small horse would be good only 5ft4 . I would like to ride two afternoons a week and one day at the weekend (maybe sunday), if you think that you may have something that might suit, please contact me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

KazNCD wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a fabulous 16.2 horse available for share who is stabled in private yard on Swords/Ashbourne border. The yard has a large outdoor arena and plenty of quiet roads for hacking

He is available 3 days a week and I can be flexible on days. The horse is settled but not a novice ride. He is doing it all, show jumping, dressage and cross country. The sharer can compete on him if they want to.

Hi there. I'm just wondering are you looking for financial exchange or exercise and duties sharing? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Tizzyowner wrote: »
    My herd has migrated to Dublin and I am crippled with the livery cost. They are all on grass livery at €40 per week each so individually they would represent great value for money for a sharer. The amount of contribution could be a matter for negotiation depending on the circumstances. The yard is near Donabate - 2 km from the M1 and 2 km from Donabate railway station. The yard is small but gorgeous and the people are really friendly. The downside is there is no proper arena (not even an outdoor one) though there is a marked off area in a field. There are loads of fields for hacking and the beach is minutes away and quiet lanes around (they actually are quiet despite proximity to Dublin and Motorway). There is a new riding school opened up about 10 minutes hack away and I must investigate whether they would allow use of the arena. There are two good instructors at the yard; one is the incomparable Laura Domenica.

I have the following:

A super-lovely 15h 6 year old coloured mare who is intelligent, eager to please and sweet tempered. She is fairly calm, not spooky or flighty (despite being one quarter arab) and not too forward-going but she is very green and needs someone who knows what they are doing for that reason - she barely keeps a straight line in walk - just needs a knowledgeable guiding hand to bring her on. Her flaw is that she is very anxious about cars though I am pretty confident this could be overcome with some work. She would be an exceptionally rewarding ride for the right person and as she learned to come into an outline her floaty paces would really be appreciated.
    At present my riding is too much at the 'improving' stage to be much use to her - I prefer to use my cob (see below) to make mistakes on so whoever was interested could have pretty much exclusive use of her for the meantime.

A 14h cob gelding 16 years old very dark brown. A real schoolmaster - really knows his job and very, very good for improving on. Carries an adult no problem. He loves jumping and takes himself around a course of jumps but at this stage in life perhaps not much higher than 90 cm. Not for a complete beginner as he can be heavy in the head but otherwise he's flawless and very comfortable. He is ridden two mornings on weekdays and once at weekend and is otherwise available and he benefits greatly by being ridden daily, though obviously not very hard all the time.

A 12h coloured gelding of sweet personality with a great jump - can jump a metre with a fairly substantial child on board. Obviously not for an adult! He is also ridden two mornings on weekdays and once at weekends but otherwise available.

Please contact me if you are interested in sharing any of these rather special horses.

Many thanks for viewing.

Hi Tizzy. Are you still looking for the above? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RuthieP

Hi Everyone

I am a 24 year old female rider with plenty of experience. Don't have the time for my own horse at the moment so if anyone in the South Dublin/North Wicklow area needs help exercising, schooling or competing their horses please let me know.

I have my own car and would be available most evening and weekends. I am happy to bring on young horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Flappandale

Beautiful mare with fantastic temperament available for share. She is 12 years old and 16h. She is an excellent jumper and a pleasure to ride. Absolutely no vices. She is stabled in a great yard in Rathfarnam with indoor and outdoor arena. Looking for someone to ride her 2 weekdays as well as every second Saturday or Sunday. Cost is €180 per month. I pay vet and shoes.

<snip> As per forum charter, please don't include personal details in the post. If someone's interested, they will PM you. C

Advertisement