Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

The one time of the year the SU gives a crap about off-campus students, in order to get their vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Anita Blow wrote: »
    The one time of the year the SU gives a crap about off-campus students, in order to get their vote.

Depends where you are - I must be off-off-campus, Haven't seen a soul - not necessarily a bad thing, but I haven't a clue who is running or what their campaigns are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Abby19 wrote: »
    Depends where you are - I must be off-off-campus, Haven't seen a soul - not necessarily a bad thing, but I haven't a clue who is running or what their campaigns are about.

Count your blessings! You can't walk through the Arts Block without about fifty of them coming at you with leaflets. They stand in the doorways too so you can't escape them from the minute you arrive. Have taken to charging through with my eyes fixed on the floor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Count your blessings! You can't walk through the Arts Block without about fifty of them coming at you with leaflets. They stand in the doorways too so you can't escape them from the minute you arrive. Have taken to charging through with my eyes fixed on the floor :P

It's a bit late for me to say this this year, but there's always next year for many: What you do is go up the ramp of the Arts Block through the doors near the security desk, and go up to the stairs. Then go up to the 3rd floor, go across to the next set of stairs and come back down again. Successfully avoids most of the area where you find all the leafleting takes place -it's worth it ;)

(I don't actually have a problem with them, but I will help those who have had enough)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^ good way of keeping fit! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

RedFFWolf wrote: »
    It's a bit late for me to say this this year, but there's always next year for many: What you do is go up the ramp of the Arts Block through the doors near the security desk, and go up to the stairs. Then go up to the 3rd floor, go across to the next set of stairs and come back down again. Successfully avoids most of the area where you find all the leafleting takes place -it's worth it ;)

(I don't actually have a problem with them, but I will help those who have had enough)! :D

And in the Hamilton don't go near the entrance next to the SU shop, Panoz is where it's at. Need to get to the library? Stairs to the left as you come in the Panoz, or the outside staircase, also there's a secret* door beside the SU shop that will get you into the front of the MacNeil, Joly and some other lecture theaters

*May not actually be secret and just not very noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Lawliet wrote: »
    And in the Hamilton don't go near the entrance next to the SU shop, Panoz is where it's at. Need to get to the library? Stairs to the left as you come in the Panoz, or the outside staircase, also there's a secret* door beside the SU shop that will get you into the front of the MacNeil, Joly and some other lecture theaters

*May not actually be secret and just not very noticeable

Helps to be a girl in the Hamilton too... walk through the toilets and you end up avoiding 50-90% of the over-enthusiatic leaflet throwers

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

I was in the Hamilton Library this evening and some annoying guy in his fifties eating a bag of king crisps. Annoying ba stard. Just go outside if you want to eat ffs :mad:

People keep using the top floor of the Hamilton library for study groups. That's what the group study rooms are for!

I was in the Hamilton Library this evening and some annoying guy in his fifties eating a bag of king crisps. Annoying ba stard. Just go outside if you want to eat ffs :mad:

Why does his age matter? Tell him to STFU or get out.
    Lawliet wrote: »
    People keep using the top floor of the Hamilton library for study groups. That's what the group study rooms are for!

I've noticed this. When you go up the stairs and the desks to the left.

I'm in 4th year now so I have zero tolerance for any shíte going on in the library now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Larianne wrote: »
    Why does his age matter?

One would expect an older member of the college community to have a little more courtesy than, say, a Junior Freshman.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    One would expect an older member of the college community to have a little more courtesy than, say, a Junior Freshman.

You get inconsiderate assholes at any age.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You do, of course, but expectations are frequently different. One might rightly imagine that an older person would be more socially aware than an 18 year-old, given their wealth of life experience.

But anyway, he shouldn't have been eating his crisps in the library. Shame on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Girls toilets in the Hamilton, do half of the female student body not realise that you put toilet paper in the bins and not in the toilet after you dry your hands... There are more clogged toilets than working ones by 2-3pm each day.

Also, it would be nice to have unlocked bathrooms before 8:45am. Having both the East End and Hamilton toilets locked at the same time from 8:00am onwards makes no sense.

bscm wrote: »
    Also, it would be nice to have unlocked bathrooms before 8:45am. Having both the East End and Hamilton toilets locked at the same time from 8:00am onwards makes no sense.

Ask the security guys and they'll tel you where there is another set of toilets.

Justin Bieber - Baby, and Tina Turner's "You're simply the best" are NOT gym music FFS!

And THIS! This is bloody music for a lift! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Larianne wrote: »
    Justin Bieber - Baby, and Tina Turner's "You're simply the best" are NOT gym music FFS!

The big problem with the music they have in the gym is that they have it on a 45 minute loop. Must drive the staff insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Get earphones.

Brian wrote: »
    Get earphones.

No.

It's funny to see the recurring posters in this thread. This will be my rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Brian wrote: »
    Get earphones.

Strong post to forum moderation ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

Same guy in the Ham library this evening making all sorts of rude noises as well as talking out loud. He was bothering some people so much that they got up and left. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Same guy in the Ham library this evening making all sorts of rude noises as well as talking out loud. He was bothering some people so much that they got up and left. WTF?

I'm curious. Rude noises?

Joke's on them in that case. If they can't muster the fortitude to ask him to be quiet then there really is no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Argh, one of my library books apparently didn't renew last week when I thought I'd renewed them all - and now I owe the library a fair amount of money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Been there. After Schols I was rocking a solid €35 fine. The library lady was essentially giving out to me as she listed off all the fines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I hate that the library only sends you out one email two days before you're meant to return a book. Now I have to go into college tomorrow as its ridiculously easy to forget the due date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I hate that the library only sends you out one email two days before you're meant to return a book. Now I have to go into college tomorrow as its ridiculously easy to forget the due date.

Can you not renew online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Up until right now I thought that if your books were overdue you had to bring them into the library. It always did seem a bit pointless...

Now I feel very silly.

• Advertisement

I never got why the email was two days before, I wish it was the day before;I always completely forget about the email by the time the book is due

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement