Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

MrPain wrote: »
    What happened to all the spotted in tcd fb pages? They certainly provided the laughs.

Might be because nobody is in college to spot... except trinity cat, residents and schols students

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

I think it had to be deleted. People were making complaints to the SU or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

My timetable for next term won't stop changing :mad: Has changed three times this week alone! I'm trying to plan around it, but every time I look it up it's different and I have to reschedule things yet again.

Before anyone says it: I know I'm technically doing a full-time course (how 7 hours a week counts as full-time I don't know but whatever) and obviously college comes first. But it's really annoying when the timetable keeps changing days before the start of term. Some people have part-time jobs to pay for college, some have children that they have to sort childcare for...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Motivation has gone awry.

Work appraisal on Monday. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

In the Ussher and for some reason Snow Patrol are blasting out from what sounds like the floor below. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I miss the old timetable system, when I could just select "Hilary term."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Got the break down of the continuous assessment from one module, I was 0.5% off a higher grade but the lecture wrote down my total as being an even one 1% under. You're suppose to round up if its five, not down! Sometimes I really miss the leaving cert way of correcting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

:mad: The filth and lack of consideration of other people...
    Went into one of the shower cubicles in the gym and there was a used tampon hanging from the showerhead.

Larianne wrote: »
    :mad: The filth and lack of consideration of other people...
    Went into one of the shower cubicles in the gym and there was a used tampon hanging from the showerhead.

Feck, why did I read that spoiler?! :( That's just nasty...

On the topic of the gym and ranting, actually: why the hell are there about 12 showers but only 5 shower curtains in the upstairs ladies changing rooms?! :mad:

Only thing I can think of, is that if there's less shower curtains, people won't spend a lot of time in the showers, knowing that others would want to use them.

Always wondered that myself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Interferon Gamma

It's just an interview. Deep breaths /repeats over and over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Not a pleasant shower experience there...^^

Monday looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Larianne wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of, is that if there's less shower curtains, people won't spend a lot of time in the showers, knowing that others would want to use them.

Always wondered that myself..

The ladies showers have curtains? :eek:

The mens resemble a prison shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Sparticle

I'm completely burned out from schols yet still have to learn new and more difficult material.

The 2 day break was not enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Exactly what i was thinking! At least they have more than two see through cubicles!

5 of them do. Only four of which are worth using, cause one is made of horrible material. No-one ever uses the other 8 showers...

(Only upstairs, the swimming pool changing rooms have none);

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

In my local last night, which is a smal country pub in the south east. These prats entered the pub, Ross O'Kelly Carroll would be able to describe them better than me. Shouting each other down and forcing themselves, to try and be funny.These clowns were in their mid twenties, trying to act like seventeen year old's and hoping they would not be considered that age in order to be served. I posted this in the tcd thread as they mentioned the place several times.
    These prats may never have to work in their lives, and be supported by their well pensioned fathers, if they are given positions in some company or other to get them out of the way. If that happens the country is really fooked, going by their behavior. End of my Sunday Rant. May have one for next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

5 of them do. Only four of which are worth using, cause one is made of horrible material. No-one ever uses the other 8 showers...

(Only upstairs, the swimming pool changing rooms have none);

Dont complain....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

In my local last night, which is a smal country pub in the south east. These prats entered the pub, Ross O'Kelly Carroll would be able to describe them better than me. Shouting each other down and forcing themselves, to try and be funny.These clowns were in their mid twenties, trying to act like seventeen year old's and hoping they would not be considered that age in order to be served. I posted this in the tcd thread as they mentioned the place several times.
    These prats may never have to work in their lives, and be supported by their well pensioned fathers, if they are given positions in some company or other to get them out of the way. If that happens the country is really fooked, going by their behavior. End of my Sunday Rant. May have one for next Sunday.

They sound like prats, but do you have a point to make, besides "they might someday get jobs, oh no"?

Trinity is a place with thousands of people. Therefore, there are many prats of various kinds. Just like any other place in which there are thousands, or even just hundreds or dozens, of people. Just like every small country town, every large company, every church congregation, every sports club, and every other university or college.

Trinity's only distinguishing characteristic is that it is the best university in the country. It's still full of people, and most of those are lovely people, but many of them are prats, just like everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If they were getting loaded last night, odds are they're nowhere near a lecture today. Console yourself with the fact that they willl inevitably fail their courses, daddy will cut them off and they'll wind up having the silliest accents on the dole queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

The one time I forget my student card, a security guard comes in and checks everyone's cards. So embarrassing! :o

Blow your nose ffs! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

2500 words down for my dissertation... I thought I'd be at the condensing stage by now....

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lisandro

The one time I forget my student card, a security guard comes in and checks everyone's cards. So embarrassing! :o

How inconvenient; how did the security guard deal with it? Was he obtuse or reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Lisandro wrote: »
    How inconvenient; how did the security guard deal with it? Was he obtuse or reasonable?

He was pretty nasty until he saw that I am in fact a TCD student, by making me show him my student record on a computer. It didn't help that I was having a really bad day and that the first computer I tried to use crashed on me. >_< After logging into my student record he was very nice though. I think he genuinely thought I was an outsider in a card- or code-access only part of college. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

After waking up this morning feeling like I was hit by a train (not hungover I might add), worst thing is I've got a bloody exam tomorrow:mad::mad::mad:

Bought a load of new pens... left the bag on the Luas :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

God I hate SU elections.

Fuk off leaflet wielding election campaigners. I'm not gonna be in this college next year. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The ones that come up to you during lunch are the worst. I've only got one hour off a day, being interrupted about six times when I'm trying to eat does not make me want to vote for anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement