Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

The charity sponsored cork jersey for the league. (From the mercy's twitter)

Leitrim shirt is the Finest shirt of the lot so far

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

The O'Neills jersies are not really of very good quality. Screen printed. Cheap to produce. There is no comparsion to most soccer jersies made by Adidas or Nike.

O'Neills were told by the G.A.A. to reintroduce the embroidered crest there just a few years ago.

You were not getting value for money with the screen printed crest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    The O'Neills jersies are not really of very good quality. Screen printed. Cheap to produce. There is no comparsion to most soccer jersies made by Adidas or Nike.

O'Neills were told by the G.A.A. to reintroduce the embroidered crest there just a few years ago.

You were not getting value for money with the screen printed crest.

Would embroidered crests last as long though? They're also a bit awkward if they're big. And on shorts, I think they look way nicer if the crest is incorporated on to the sides in print form rather than those stiched on stripes and an embroidered crest at the front.

About the jersey's, I think the nicest one was probably Louth's except for that the sponsor logo really takes away from it. Tyrone's jersey is also an example of the logo taking away from a great jersey. Antrim's new one is nice too. And as has been stated, Leitrim's one is top notch too.

Offaly's is nice at the back. The only time I'd really be open to hoops being observed at the back is if there are several of them. In three colour jerseys in particular, and with many two colour combinations it looks poor. The example has already been made about Tipp, Offaly is another. I do think that there is way too much yellow on the front of the Offaly jersey.

Why more teams don't adopt patterns similar to the Cork goalkeeper's jersey I don't understand. It looks unreal. But by and large, I'd argue that designs have improved an awful lot in the last 10 years.

That is predominantly because I am young and not much of a tradionalist of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Connorzee wrote: »
    The charity sponsored cork jersey for the league. (From the mercy's twitter)

That looks very nice imo.

• Advertisement

Would embroidered crests last as long though? They're also a bit awkward if they're big. And on shorts, I think they look way nicer if the crest is incorporated on to the sides in print form rather than those stiched on stripes and an embroidered crest at the front.

About the jersey's, I think the nicest one was probably Louth's except for that the sponsor logo really takes away from it. Tyrone's jersey is also an example of the logo taking away from a great jersey. Antrim's new one is nice too. And as has been stated, Leitrim's one is top notch too.

Offaly's is nice at the back. The only time I'd really be open to hoops being observed at the back is if there are several of them. In three colour jerseys in particular, and with many two colour combinations it looks poor. The example has already been made about Tipp, Offaly is another. I do think that there is way too much yellow on the front of the Offaly jersey.

Why more teams don't adopt patterns similar to the Cork goalkeeper's jersey I don't understand. It looks unreal. But by and large, I'd argue that designs have improved an awful lot in the last 10 years.

That is predominantly because I am young and not much of a tradionalist of course.

I prefer the embriodered crest/coat of arms on the jersey!

Handwash them, that way the crest will not go all wonky.

O'Neills made most crests smaller. There is no 'feel' to the jersey with screen printed crests. For 62.00 euro a pop they would want to have embroidered crests.

New Leitrim jersey.
    550125_10151664224173502_721251781_n.jpg

All the new jerseys are now €62.

I do not like the collarless jersies.

The Leitrim jersey would look better with the O'Neill's stripes on the sleeves.

The Bush Hotel sponsor's yellow and green bushes are more like blobs. They look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twixaroo

Lads for the shorts sizes on the O'Neills website they come in small medium large and extra large, does small equate to 32" can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Twixaroo wrote: »
    Lads for the shorts sizes on the O'Neills website they come in small medium large and extra large, does small equate to 32" can anyone tell me?

Might be better with a medium in that case I'd say personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Twixaroo wrote: »
    Small is 28" and medium would be 30" and 32".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Small is 28" and medium would be 30" and 32".

I would have thought medium would be 32"-34"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I would have thought medium would be 32"-34"?
    Well I wear 30" and they are too big and I wouldn't be that small. You could be right though, I'm only guessing really.

Small is 30-32, medium is 32-34, large is 34-36 etc... Im a 32 (on a good day) 34 waist in jeans and would wear small in the shorts. Newer o'neills shorts are slightly longer than the older (3 or 4 years ago with the logo printed down the sides) ones

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

According to the O'Neills rep we were dealing with before Christmas:
    Small = 32"
    Medium = 34"
    Large = 36"

and the sizes on the shorts will be 32, 34 etc. Not sure why the website doesn't explain that

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Twixaroo

http://www.oneills.com/size-guide

Found this size guide, small it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

That Leitrim jersey is tidy, a good effort from O Neills.

The Sperrin design togs tend to be a slimer or narrower fit these days. You may need to go the next size up. Just take that into consideration when choosing size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

have O'Neills increased their sizes in leisurewear recently?

I usually take a large in hoodies or zip-up tops

got a large hoodie yesterday as a present. I'm swimming in it
    will have to go back to medium.

nice_guy80 wrote: »

No. The other way around. Slimmer fitting gear now. Standard with most clothes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I'm a medium and had to buy a small in a few things over the last year from O'Neills. Even at that, the hoodies are very baggy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

newg300 wrote: »
    I'm a medium and had to buy a small in a few things over the last year from O'Neills. Even at that, the hoodies are very baggy.

Spooky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone notice O'Neills are using there old number font on the new Tyrone jersey? Wonder why they didn't get the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

The New Tyrone Strip make them look like Kildare with the White Shorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Jmcmen wrote: »
    The New Tyrone Strip make them look like Kildare with the White Shorts
    Not sure it does, the Kildare shirt doesn't have red trim and the sponsors are quite different.

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Agreed, O'Neills sizes have always been weird. I'm a small in tshirts normally but the sleeves of the O'Neills small are baggy. I'd prob get into an O'Neills 13/14 yrs polo or tshirts. Jumpers and hoodies then I'd be a medium in because the small is too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

http://www.joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/galway-gaa-introduce-scrappage-scheme-for-jerseys-0033756-1

anybody know if there'll be a chance to do this swap at any location in Dublin or will it always be at league games and shops in Galway itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm just loving the image of setting foot in Zambia to be met with a sea of maroon jerseys.

flazio wrote: »
    I'm just loving the image of setting foot in Zambia to be met with a sea of maroon jerseys.

You never know, the locals might show you their Leinster medals also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Connorzee wrote: »
    Proposed new Offaly jersey from their county board meeting last night... a lot of opposition to it, it appears

BB3XzBACAAA68OF.jpg:large

Looks like it got the go ahead.
    73481_10151729382108502_1961322973_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Not sure if this was shown before, but i only just noticed it on the Oneills site... blue change jersey for Limerick. Anyone know if this got a run out by the team? No sign of it on PITJ.com

limrick-blue-jersey-1.jpg

Advertisement