Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My LBP didn't come with a pass either. :(

In relation to the PS+ the 90 day subscription is only 10 euros for the next week or so. It's normally 15. Also Everybody Tennis (PSP game) is on sale there at the moment. It looks totally childish but I've found it totally addictive.

Can you pay with credit card?I had an issue with my o2 money card before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can you pay with credit card?I had an issue with my o2 money card before.

I have it set up with my visa debit card. It's a tad too handy...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have it set up with my visa debit card. It's a tad too handy...

:)

My LBP didn't come with a pass either. :(

In relation to the PS+ the 90 day subscription is only 10 euros for the next week or so. It's normally 15. Also Everybody Tennis (PSP game) is on sale there at the moment. It looks totally childish but I've found it totally addictive.

I just signed up for the 90 day :) and got uncharted for free :),sickened to see gravity rush for free though :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I just signed up for the 90 day :) and got uncharted for free :),sickened to see gravity rush for free though :mad:

I was playing Gravity Rush right up to the part where the cat gets sick and her powers fade. It got so annoyingly frustrating at that part that I had to set aside for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I was playing Gravity Rush right up to the part where the cat gets sick and her powers fade. It got so annoyingly frustrating at that part that I had to set aside for a while.

I'm in the underground with all the kids and kinda bored of it and hate the controls.

Started uncharted last night,cool little game :).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Started uncharted last night,cool little game :).

Yeah Im thinking of buying it.Have it cheap in Xtravision near me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Hellrazer wrote: »

Why not just get PS+ and get it free with it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Why not just get PS+ and get it free with it?

But do you own it for good?Or only as long as you have PS+?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

But do you own it for good?Or only as long as you have PS+?

Only as long as you have plus. But you get gravity rush as well ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It'd need to be cheap, you'll get bugger all back for it. My lad went into GS with Asphalt and Uncharted and was offered €26 in store credit.......:(
    He could have got the free version on PS+ if we had known. I'm signing both mine up on it today.

Gonna download Wipeout later.

Just signed up for ps+

Downloading Uncharted at the minute.

I find myself disliking golden abyss the more I play it. Not thats it bad at all, just that I always compare it to the console uncharteds.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Just signed up for ps+

Downloading Uncharted at the minute.

Welcome to the dark side, we had cookies but I ate them all. :)

Smyths have discounts on most Vira titles. Saw Need for Speed for 25 and I picked up Assassins Creed for 30. Needed something to play and figured it would kill some time, gonna grab NFS next week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »
    I find myself disliking golden abyss the more I play it. Not thats it bad at all, just that I always compare it to the console uncharteds.

Really, I actually thought it was brilliant. Other than using the machete I loved it and as I said to a friend I'd probably rate the games as:

2 > 3 > GA > 1

That's just my opinion though.

I also found the touch climbing controls to be so easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone no the best price at the moment for trading in need for speed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

cloud493 wrote: »

It's the first game I've ever gotten a platinum in. I've never enjoyed a game as much to play it so many times. Loved it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Patapon 3 will become a PS Vita-compatible game next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

tok9 wrote: »
    Really, I actually thought it was brilliant. Other than using the machete I loved it and as I said to a friend I'd probably rate the games as:

2 > 3 > GA > 1

That's just my opinion though.

I also found the touch climbing controls to be so easy to use.

2 > GA > 1 > 3 for me!

Mine would be 2 > 3 > 1 > GA. Its not a bad game at all, I just think, apart from the slowdown during firefights, it doesn't work as well as the other uncharteds. The story doesn't.. grab me, to use a cliche word. I didn't feel it kicked in
    till Sully turned up.
    And there's no moment. Like, I think of uncharted 1, I think of the U-boat. I think of 2, the train, or the monastery, I think of 3, I think of the plane ride, or the cruise ship. Just don't think its got that.

I quite like Bend as a studio though. Not keen on resistance retribution, but syphon filters pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 groupama3

Darko wrote: »
    Smyths have discounts on most Vira titles. Saw Need for Speed for 25 and I picked up Assassins Creed for 30. Needed something to play and figured it would kill some time, gonna grab NFS next week I think.

Thanks for that, picked up NFS today :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Traded in Need for speed today got €28 for it in Smyths was happy out only paid €22 for it picked up Lego Lord of the Rings for the vita only had to add €2 euro

Also picked up a copy of need for speed undercover for €2.50 for the PS3 was happy out with todays deals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sony are hosting an event about the vita 8 a.m. monday morning

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999021/20130218001/

"Just from 17:00 today, some sort of announcement about the PlayStation Vita is carried out in the form of delivery Ustream in the same page and that, Mr. Hiroshi Kawano, president of the company that serves as the presenter"

http://www.jp.playstation.com/cp/2013spring_psvita/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Very short notice. Price cut on memory cards please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sony are hosting an event about the vita 8 a.m. monday morning

http://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999021/20130218001/

"Just from 17:00 today, some sort of announcement about the PlayStation Vita is carried out in the form of delivery Ustream in the same page and that, Mr. Hiroshi Kawano, president of the company that serves as the presenter"

http://www.jp.playstation.com/cp/2013spring_psvita/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/18/sony-drops-price-of-ps-vita-both-3g-and-wifi-models-reduced-to/
    Sony drops price of PS Vita: both 3G and WiFi models reduced to 19,980 yen (around $215)

SCEJ President Hiroshi Kawano introduced a PS Vita info session earlier today. Detailing "everyone's PlayStation Vita," he announced a price drop for Japanese models right from the outset. Starting from February 28th, the price will drop down to 19,980 yen for both the 3G (previously 30,000 yen) and WiFi (once 25,000 yen) models. Yep, both will receive the a substantial price-cut alongside a a 7-day free trial of PS Plus (including Uncharted, Ridge Racer and four more titles free during February), plus a free download campaign for its Torne TV service until the end of March. No word on whether the rest of the world will benefit from the same price reduction, but we've got in touch with Sony Computer Entertainment to check. Maybe we'll hear more on Wednesday.

No word on memory card price reductions but still encouraging.

Apparently there will be a Phantasy Online bundle for the new price in Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Price cuts, I'm suspicious of the 20th event now !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement