Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I've been on the look out for a Vita for the past while, any idea's where you would get the best value for a wifi only with a decent memory card, I plan on signing up to Playstation Plus with the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've been on the look out for a Vita for the past while, any idea's where you would get the best value for a wifi only with a decent memory card, I plan on signing up to Playstation Plus with the device.

If you are going to get plus you might as well stay away from the vita memory card bundles as they are usually only 4 - 8gb.

I've had the vita less than 2 months and thanks to plus i've already got 8 games on my 16gb memory card with another 2 going on this month. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it stores all of them. Once it's full I'll be getting a 32GB card.

So I'd recommend getting a Vita with game bundle and buying a 16 - 32GB card.

Expensive yes, but you'll be better off imo

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/05/ps-vita-sale-starts-this-week/

I'll be getting Escape Plan and Super Stardust from that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Otacon wrote: »
    Obviously, its not cheap. Memory cards fill up quickly and are expensive. However, it is a fantastic piece of kit that is slowly building up a library of true AAA games.

slowly is a key-word here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »

I think I'll pick up Raymann at that price and A-Men. Maybe Street Fighter v Tekken. Wouldn't mind but I just bought that Motorstorm for about €9 about a month ago

• Advertisement

I think I'll pick up Raymann at that price and A-Men. Maybe Street Fighter v Tekken. Wouldn't mind but I just bought that Motorstorm for about €9 about a month ago

If I hadn't played Rayman on Wii I'd definitely get it. It's a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jontr wrote: »
    slowly is a key-word here :(

True, but I am glad its not faster TBH. I have a PS3, an XBox and a PC also. I have a backlog the size of my arm, exacerbated by PS+.

Still, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary incoming, with a number of smaller titles in between - this year's looking good for the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Given the choice I wouldn't spend money on escape plan. Wanted it like it so much but the controls are so f ucked that it makes the game no fun to play.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Given the choice I wouldn't spend money on escape plan. Wanted it like it so much but the controls are so f ucked that it makes the game no fun to play.

Yeah, just tried the trial of it and I didn't enjoy it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very let down by Escape Plan, alright. Stopped playing about 12 levels in, as I was just not enjoying it. Felt like a good idea, but very rushed.

I see the directors cut is available for download now. Anybody heard anything about that? Improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Ragnarok Odyssey out on the 20th for €29.99 and a demo today.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/06/ragnarok-odyssey-release-date-announced-demo-out-today/

That's disappointing to hear about Escape plan, as it looks like a great idea.

Does anyone know if any patches have gone into it?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119939-Escape-Plan-Escapes-Its-Own-Touchscreen-Controls

Just curious did anyone try it with the above controls and was there any improvement? If there is I'll get it.

Not sure if it's a mistake but Little Deviants is free on the store website. Even though I wasn't going to get it, I said I might as well have it in my download list.

It worked anyway, there was supposed to be a discount but I don't think it was supposed to be free.

Edit: Just checked and it should be 10 euro so if anyone wants it, go get it quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not sure if it's a mistake but Little Deviants is free on the store website. Even though I wasn't going to get it, I said I might as well have it in my download list.

It worked anyway, there was supposed to be a discount but I don't think it was supposed to be free.

Edit: Just checked and it should be 10 euro so if anyone wants it, go get it quick.

Got a link I am away from my vita at the moment.

That's disappointing to hear about Escape plan, as it looks like a great idea.

Does anyone know if any patches have gone into it?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119939-Escape-Plan-Escapes-Its-Own-Touchscreen-Controls

Just curious did anyone try it with the above controls and was there any improvement? If there is I'll get it.

I was only playing it this morning on the bus after reinstalling it last night. Admittedly there is a slight improvement but its still not really fun. The controls are still not as responsive as you need them to be. Still no fun so went back to trying to complete every level in LBP VITA without dying. ( not easy)

Just read the article there about using the d pad so I'm going to try that later and ill let you know how I get on.

Got a link I am away from my vita at the moment.

It's listed as 8.99 for PSN subscribers on the store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/little-deviants/cid=EP9000-PCSF00017_00-LITTLEDEVIANTS00

Ya, it's back at 9 euro now.

I was lucky anyway, I can download it :D

Okay out of the sale I'm considering buying a game. I'm stuck into Final Fantasy ix at the moment so just looking for something for a mess around. I'm thinking either Rayman or playstation allstars, maybe modracers. Anyone played any of these?

• Advertisement

Okay out of the sale I'm considering buying a game. I'm stuck into Final Fantasy ix at the moment so just looking for something for a mess around. I'm thinking either Rayman or playstation allstars, maybe modracers. Anyone played any of these?

While I've only played one and that was on the Wii, I'd definitely recommend Rayman.

Beautiful looking game that gets progressively more challenging as it goes on. Really good.

While I've only played one and that was on the Wii, I'd definitely recommend Rayman.

Beautiful looking game that gets progressively more challenging as it goes on. Really good.

Yeah, I just went for that in the end.

They seem to have spotted the error with Little Deviants as I only have a free trial now.

It won't allow me to buy it even if I do want it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just got my Vita but it didnt have a memory card in it so its useless at the minute :(:(:(

Got LBP with it and you cant play it without a memory card.

So does anyone have a memory card for sale in Maynooth/Celbridge??

Going to order a 16gb online but even a 4gb would do me over the weekend!!

Both Xtravisions near me are out of stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

Grayditch wrote: »
    Very let down by Escape Plan, alright. Stopped playing about 12 levels in, as I was just not enjoying it. Felt like a good idea, but very rushed.

Have to agree with that. It's a nice looking game but I'm not really enjoying it. I'll finish it and see if it improves but I'm not hopeful. The canned laughter in it when a character trips is awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm really enjoying playstation all stars. Its pretty cool for what it is, and I'm not even a big fighting game person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying playstation all stars. Its pretty cool for what it is, and I'm not even a big fighting game person.

Was thinking of picking this up. What's the online play like? I haven't used my Vita online yet and I'm looking for a bit of good online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

Yeah I was surprised by how good some of the reviews Playstation All Stars recieved so I might give it a try as well. Just got my vita and am looking for some cross play action. Any other cross play games that you'd reccommend? I've got sound shapes and motorstorm rc so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has anyone tried the ratchet game with cross play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

cloud493 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the ratchet game with cross play?

It's not actually available for Vita yet, so the code wouldn't work. The PS3 version has got pretty poor reviews and it's a fairly big departure from previous games so I don't think I'll bother (and I love the older games :()

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement