Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Otacon wrote: »
    IMO IX is the best. If you can only afford one, get that. Afterwards, VI, VII and VIII are all very good too.

At the prices they are at the moment I could afford to buy them all but it's more of a time and space issue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At the prices they are at the moment I could afford to buy them all but it's more of a time and space issue. :)

You don't need to download them, just add to the account. As to the time to play them, you'd know yourself but if you ever plan on playing them then you'll get it cheaper now.

Still need III but have all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just got my first ever platinum on my account with Uncharted Golden Abyss!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Looking for a game for the missus. She was playing the games in the welcome park. The ones where you have to touch the numbers in sequence and try and do it in under 30 secs etc.
    Anyone know if there is anything else like that available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

weiland79 wrote: »
    Looking for a game for the missus. She was playing the games in the welcome park. The ones where you have to touch the numbers in sequence and try and do it in under 30 secs etc.
    Anyone know if there is anything else like that available?

SmartAs?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just got my first ever platinum on my account with Uncharted Golden Abyss!!!!!!!

I thought farming for treasure was a pain in the ass until I had to sucker punch 10 guys in a row after softening them up with a bullet shot from the hip. If I never have to complete a trophy like that ever again I'll be a very happy manboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Now that's more like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

XSeed are teasing a new Ys game and it's more than likely going to be the Vita remake of Ys IV. Apparently it's superb just like all the Ys games:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Varik wrote: »

Release Date is September 18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

That's just become a really unfortunate release date.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yowza!! That looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Deano7788 wrote: »
    That's just become a really unfortunate release date.

I'll be waiting for the PC version of GTA V so Killzone can keep me entertained until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Killzone looks epic for the vita and cant wait for it

Picked there today Need For Speed for 22 euros off play.com for the vita been waiting a while for it to go that cheap and cant wait to get it for the mid term !!!

So like is it that good as i have read great things about it ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    XSeed are teasing a new Ys game and it's more than likely going to be the Vita remake of Ys IV. Apparently it's superb just like all the Ys games:

When will that come out over here I Wonder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ys IV confirmed to be getting a Western release.

As for when it will be available over here, my money is on never but it will get a digital release. With the Vita being region free though why don't you just import?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ys IV confirmed to be getting a Western release.

As for when it will be available over here, my money is on never but it will get a digital release. With the Vita being region free though why don't you just import?

Yup import it I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

While I assume the Playstation event on the 20th will be about the PS4, surely they will talk a small bit about the vita?

Hopefully a price cut on it and the memory cards. The latter being more unlikely but I'll wait till after it to buy a new memory card.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    While I assume the Playstation event on the 20th will be about the PS4, surely they will talk a small bit about the vita?

Hopefully a price cut on it and the memory cards. The latter being more unlikely but I'll wait till after it to buy a new memory card.

In order to keep the media focused on the PS4, I don't think Sony will have anything else on the agenda for that event.

However, I expect to see a price cut and possibly a bigger memory card announced at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Otacon wrote: »
    In order to keep the media focused on the PS4, I don't think Sony will have anything else on the agenda for that event.

However, I expect to see a price cut and possibly a bigger memory card announced at E3.

I reckon they will show how the Vita can be used to control and interact with the PS4, like an advanced controller, to boost interest and sales coming up to the launch in 2014. Its what i would like to see anyway!

I'm really hoping that's the case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I'd love the remote play feature to be better used with ps4 I know the issues but if it could be done well it would be good. With two young kids and little time to game these days it would be nice to be able to use remote play at night to catch up on backlogs And that.

Klair88 wrote: »
    I reckon they will show how the Vita can be used to control and interact with the PS4, like an advanced controller, to boost interest and sales coming up to the launch in 2014. Its what i would like to see anyway!

I'm really hoping that's the case too.

I could certainly see the Vita being mentioned in that way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Question....Is the Vita worth it now with the current deals going around?

Im usually a day one buyer but I wasnt 100% sure on the vita.Im still in 2 minds as to vita or wii u??

Help make my mind up!!!!!!!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Question....Is the Vita worth it now with the current deals going around?

Im usually a day one buyer but I wasnt 100% sure on the vita.Im still in 2 minds as to vita or wii u??

Help make my mind up!!!!!!!

What type of games are you into?
    Would you use a portable system much, even just sitting on a couch with it?
    Do you have a PS3? With Playstation Plus?

Personally, I think the Vita has you more or less covered in most console game genres [besides FPSs]. I use mine regularly when coming and going to work and when I travel longer distances. Also, as I have Playstation Plus, I am getting at least two games for free every month.

Obviously, its not cheap. Memory cards fill up quickly and are expensive. However, it is a fantastic piece of kit that is slowly building up a library of true AAA games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've just rejoined plus, and free gravity rush and uncharted. That is some sweet freebies.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've just rejoined plus, and free gravity rush and uncharted. That is some sweet freebies.

The softening up with a punch trophy in Uncharted is an absolute bastard and haunts me everyday. I won't call over to your house to do it. I JUST WON'T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Bought mine here in Vancouver while I am here. 200 dollars + tax came to about 225 dollars and I got madden 2k3 with it. Good deal!

So I went and bought little big planet vita and forgot all about the online passes not working with my Irish account. So after a little annoyance I bought the pass from the store and it still wouldn't work as you also need an Irish cartridge! Annoyed isn't the word for it.

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    Bought mine here in Vancouver while I am here. 200 dollars + tax came to about 225 dollars and I got madden 2k3 with it. Good deal!

So I went and bought little big planet vita and forgot all about the online passes not working with my Irish account. So after a little annoyance I bought the pass from the store and it still wouldn't work as you also need an Irish cartridge! Annoyed isn't the word for it.

How do you like madden?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement