Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Headshot wrote: »
    What really stands out at me is celtic 0.0 card handicap bet. So celtic just have the get the most cards @13/10

With that card happy ref. I think it's a superb bet, thoughts?

In the last 8 games he has been ref the away side has come out with most cards in 6

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Would like to see the stats, but I'd imagine a team that will the corner match bet are not the type of team that will win the card match bet too, or vice versa

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

A few more about that Celtic - Juve ref:

Games on database
    Fouls Cards Pen Atte
    Matchday 8 --- 8 game(s) w/o ref
    12-Feb-13 Champions First Knockout Round - M.7 Celtic - Juventus

?
    04-Dec-12 Champions Group B - M.6 OSFP 2:1 Arsenal 34 5
    Matchday 5
    06-Nov-12 Champions Group A - M.4 Dynamo 0:0 Porto 35 3
    Matchday 3
    02-Oct-12 Champions Group H - M.2 Cluj 1:2 Man Utd 20 1
    Matchday 1

Formattign is rather crap. But the bold numbers are the cards he gave out in this seasons CL. 9 in 3 matches puts a different light on him compared to the matches in La Liga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

I got 4to1 for Celtic to win with Boyles this morning, couldn't resist that. Bit of a gamble but good odds given Celtic's track record at home in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Radonman wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's thinking Juve @ 13-10(-1) corner handicap is seriously tempting, Juve are the corner kings in the Italian league and one would assume they will dominate possession stats - um at work so no real research done yet but thinking of (-2) also

Celtic have only won the corner match bet in 1 of their 6 group games and that was against Spartak Moscow in the final group game where they were pushing for the win.

Lost 10-3 away to Benfica.
    Lost 7-2 home to Barcelona.
    Lost 15-1 away to Barcelona.
    Lost 9-5 away to Spartak Moscow.
    Lost 10-9 at home to Benfica.

Juventus have won 4 of the corner match bets in their group, drawing with Chelsea away and losing to Shakhtar away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Lennonist wrote: »
    I got 4to1 for Celtic to win with Boyles this morning, couldn't resist that. Bit of a gamble but good odds given Celtic's track record at home in the CL.

Paddy Powers are 9/2 for Celtic to win, enhanced price...

I think the corners bet is good value, over 10 @ Evens, i'll definitely be having some of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Celtic have only won the corner match bet in 1 of their 6 group games and that was against Spartak Moscow in the final group game where they were pushing for the win.

Lost 10-3 away to Benfica.
    Lost 7-2 home to Barcelona.
    Lost 15-1 away to Barcelona.
    Lost 9-5 away to Spartak Moscow.
    Lost 10-9 at home to Benfica.

Juventus have won 4 of the corner match bets in their group, drawing with Chelsea away and losing to Shakhtar away.

Saves me a lot of trouble Conor - Thanks

Going with over 10 @ evens, over 11 @ 13/8 and over 12 @ 12/5 - obviously in a sliding scale, C'mon the corners!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Saves me a lot of trouble Conor - Thanks

Going with over 10 @ evens, over 11 @ 13/8 and over 12 @ 12/5 - obviously in a sliding scale, C'mon the corners!!!

Following @ 23/20 on BetVictor :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Think I'll get on the corners for the Celtic game aswell - looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think i'll stay away from champions league. Yeovil look a good price 6/5 at home to out of form Preston http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/12/england/league-one/yeovil-town-fc/preston-north-end-fc/1294607/
    Wycombe also look decent at home to Bradford 6/4 http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/12/england/league-one/yeovil-town-fc/preston-north-end-fc/1294607/

Gong to play it safe Yeovil 1/2 dnb and Wycombe dc 4/9

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Following the "Over 10 corners" bets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I rarely bet on the corners market, but I gotta say a big well done to all those involved in the research for cards & corners for match tonight. I'm completely undecided on the win & goals markets that I'll follow the tide of opinion on +10 corners. Btw lads do you usually do the 2 way corners or standard market?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I quite Fancy 4 draws in the Champions League games tonight and tomorrow. In general the better teams are away from home with the exception maybe United v Real and I think all four away teams would take a draw if offered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Jackobyte has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

Right here goes.. As already mentioned the ref is card happy! The line is set at 40 points. The ref has achieved that in 66.67% of the games that he's been in charge of since the end of the 2010 season, 58/87 games! But only 12 of them were CL and 6 were over, the other 6 under.. 3 europa, all 3 under...

Corner market - over 10 - a lot of info already above. In Celtics 3 home and Juves 3 away group games, 3 went over 10, 1 was exactly 10, the other 2 were 9. Juve had 51 corners in the group stages 25 away from home. Celtic have had 31 - 23 at home.
    Last goal time - stats for this also look good. after 71mins@evens
    Over 40 points @evens
    Over 10 corners @evens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Over 10 corners seem to be taken down by pp. Will take over 11 @ 13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Someone here works for Bet365... ;)

they just removed the game

edit: same for ladbrokes

Jackobyte has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. ;)

Somebodys popular! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,888 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ugh

Next time just pm the posters who ya know are trust worthy, las
    Somebodys popular! :p
    A jack of all trades ba dum tish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Celtic/juve over 10 corners doubled with Yeovil is what I'm on tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Someone please bet on under 11 corners please or else were all gonna lose tonight :( - I get worried when were all on the same thing:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Fancy a 0-0 in the Celtic game tonight, very cagey affair I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Headshot wrote: »
    Ugh

Next time just pm the posters who ya know are trust worthy, las

A jack of all trades ba dum tish
    3synn6.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Someone please bet on under 11 corners please or else were all gonna lose tonight :( - I get worried when were all on the same thing:eek:

lol, I was thinking the same thing - all happy OR píssed off campers:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    lol, I was thinking the same thing - all happy OR píssed off campers:pac:

When have we ever all been Happy? For whats it worth I'm taking 0-0 and the unders on the corner count .. just so the rest of you can be happy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

aww naw! what did I miss? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

on the band wagon , 15 , Over 11 corners 13/8

Cobh Ramblers V Limerick @ 7:45

Cobh return to the 1st division this season after a few years away from professional football, and it's great to see them back, Limerick's pre season has been knocked back by poor weather and cancellations, with the league only 4 weeks away they'll hopefully be giving most of the seniors a run tonight and I think they will be much too strong for Cobh.

Teams might hopefully make it to twitter before kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Stayed clear of the Champions league tonight.
    Went for Yeovil, Brentford, Bournemouth and Fleetwood all to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

edit: same for ladbrokes

Strange but could be a good sign! :D Still shortening :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement