Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot wrote: »
    I've gone for Jones to be booked @ 5/4. Right good bet I think

Done Rooney 3/1 can see Madrid getting at him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I usually overlook something with these free bets.
    But if i take Real to win @1.57 pre match
    And take the free bet on Utd DC (2.4) i always win at least 28.50, right?

Never mind, figured it out myself when i read it back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Could we have two in the same day...?

odds on Flamurtari have dropped a lot especially on Bwin. Gonna put half of the winnings from that Baku bet on Flamurtari

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/albania/super-league-2012-2013/flamurtari-bylis-1398956/
    and Flamurtari won 3-0! :D

Damn, had logged off to get a bit of study done before my mocks next week. Gah! Again, great spot! How is it that you spot them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Strange thing happened there lads, had €13 left in my PP account so just stuck it on a double of both teams to score in both CL matches. The bet was confirmed but I see I now have a free bet of €13 aswell! Just looking for something to put it in now!

Regarding this free bet on Bet365, do they credit your account with the value of the second bet, or do you have to have the finances to cover both, and they'll just reimburse a loss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Regarding this free bet on Bet365, do they credit your account with the value of the second bet, or do you have to have the finances to cover both, and they'll just reimburse a loss?

Thats the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

shrewdness wrote: »
    Strange thing happened there lads, had €13 left in my PP account so just stuck it on a double of both teams to score in both CL matches. The bet was confirmed but I see I now have a free bet of €13 aswell! Just looking for something to put it in now!

Freebet promotion.. Bet anything up to €25 they'll match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Real Madrid vs. Man United.
    Real Madrid to win @1.62.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Borussia Dortmund.
    Over 1.5 goals @1.25.

€100 - both to win @2.02.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    The overs in Shaktar v Dortmund is a huge price, advise you all to smash into anything 4/5 or bigger, easily the standout bet of this CL gameweek.
    Stuck the rest of my account bankroll (~€10) on this at 4/5 to return ~€18ish. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

After much debating (with myself) I've decided on the following - all with PP as i have had no time today to shop around

Shakhter v Dortmund - Dortmund to win @ 17/10 - Shakhter in pre season and have only played friendlies where as Dortmund bar last weekend have being playing great stuff. Another major factor is that William moving to Anzhi is a massive loss although they have replaced him with Taison it may be too soon for him to have the same influence as Willaim

Corners - Under 10 @ 11/10 - 4/6 of Reals home Champions League games have been below that with 1 equal and the other 12, Utds are 3/3 under - Small bet on this not like last night :D.

Over 40 points @ 10/11- as said previously the ref is card happy and with Rafael and Jones playing Utd have 2 already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Borussia Dortmund have won only one of their last 6 away games in the Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

user2011 wrote: »

Didn't realise that at all! Should've deposited more before the bet so!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lads, is the RVP/Ronny both to score bet only on PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Damn, had logged off to get a bit of study done before my mocks next week. Gah! Again, great spot! How is it that you spot them?

I have a pretty good memory so it's kind of easy for me to remember some of the odds, then when I check the odds again I can tell when they've changed, if they have, then I try to keep an eye on that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

magherakid wrote: »
    Borussia Dortmund have won only one of their last 6 away games in the Champions League

There last two games were draws - to Real Madrid who scored an equilizer in the 89th min and Man City who got a dodgy peno in the 90th min arguably better teams than Shakhter and without William who knows;)

Gone for Shakhtar DNB @ 1.75 I think people are underestimating how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Rooney anytime and over 3.5 in the Shakhtar game. 2 singles and a double

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

nothing for me :(

I have a pretty good memory so it's kind of easy for me to remember some of the odds, then when I check the odds again I can tell when they've changed, if they have, then I try to keep an eye on that game.
    Ah, had thought there might have been a site that tracked the changes in odds, and highlighted big movers.

manual_man wrote: »
    nothing for me :(

****.. I skipped over the top of the email. It says exclusive football free bet offer. It must be for just some people. Sorry! :o

http://gyazo.com/94f0db31f5e503b11006a984110455c9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

50 on over 0.5 goals pre match at 1/40

50 in play on Van Persie to score anytime at 7/4

Ah, had thought there might have been a site that tracked the changes in odds, and highlighted big movers.

there is one ;)

http://www.oddsportal.com/dropping-odds/

And how big a drop would you want before it's worth taking a chance?

What would be considered significant enough change? Or do you just watch the dodgy leagues? Cyprus, Albania, etc.

Like, would this type of movement trigger alarms?
    1555378?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1360786915&Signature=EGDqVzJG%2FoItju3u%2B7s5CiBr%2B0E%3D
    1555406?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1360787163&Signature=H3dLQXV%2FiVyYCwlwAWXiVjsg6HU%3D

Odds movements only matter in the smaller leagues imo, cuz for example if the odds on an Albanian team drop significantly, it's not cuz a lot of "normal" punters around the world are backing that team...
    If what happened today is anything to go by, then a drop from ~2.00 to ~1.55 is a good indication that the game might be fixed.
    About that Colombian game, the odds haven't dropped enough imo

Odds movements only matter in the smaller leagues imo, cuz for example if the odds on an Albanian team drop significantly, it's not cuz a lot of "normal" punters around the world are backing that team...
    If what happened today is anything to go by, then a drop from ~2.00 to ~1.55 is a good indication that the game might be fixed.
    About that Colombian game, the odds haven't dropped enough imo

Was looking at that game myself id agree with what you're saying about the odds not moving enough.

Well done on the two spot Las easy money no fuss :cool:

Xabi Alonso 6/4 and RVP 4/1 to be booked (Skybet)

I expect a lot of friction with RVP and the Madrid CB's tonight and for Xabi it's near a given the guy will get booked.

Boom!

Not expecting Alonso to come in!

But I'll take it if it comes :pac:

Caldas against 10 men :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

greenman09 wrote: »
    BTTS real v Man U
    Inv cal v Kilmarnock
    Over 2.5 shaktar

20pays 94e

Get in there

• Registered Users Posts: 53,888 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've seen the team and gone for utd to the get the most cards @ 6/5.
    Get in there
    I've gone for Jones to be booked @ 5/4. Right good bet I think

Prick of a ref destroyed that bet for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Will take note on next weeks CL matches, leave the cards out of my bets. Really have the feeling the refs have been told to be careful with the cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement