Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Ok seeing as how nobody gave me any reasons not to back west Brom ;) , I'm gonna put €30 on them at 8.5.

It's not a make or break amount for me, I was considering going a lot more but I realise I'd only be looking at the big odds, not a good way to bet!

heh well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Ok seeing as how nobody gave me any reasons not to back west Brom ;) , I'm gonna put €30 on them at 8.5.

It's not a make or break amount for me, I was considering going a lot more but I realise I'd only be looking at the big odds, not a good way to bet!

fair play man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hardly big teams though. You'd expect a team trying to be a top six team to be beating that list of teams easily enough.

For better or worse, I've backed West Brom +1....

2-0 on 90 minutes to West Brom so safe enough to say.....SEXY!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I hope you did that bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Nice one :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Liverpool are an absolute disgrace.
    Fair play to anyone who had the balls to back against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

BOOM!!!!!!! Thanks for the kind words lads, not even gonna say I regret not putting more on it, no point being greedy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Rekop dog wrote: »
    You're doing it all wrong if you're not opposing Liverpool in some way at current prices.

20130211_215926.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

PSG 2/1 to beat Valencia tomorrow, are PSG full strength ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

magherakid wrote: »
    Setanta Cup
    Cork v Cliftonville
    Cork 5/4
    Fancy Cork here

I would never have thought of backing Cork (or any team in the Setanta Cup) but I'm glad I read your post. Kept me above water for the night.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Celtic v Juve double result at home at 10/11, with a small wager on the Celts to win at 7to2. Celtic have a great home record in the Champions League, have only ever lost one home tie in the CL. Hail hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hmm I dont know how celtic will play tomorrow? In away legs up to this game they have been very defensive and that always results in corner bets coming in but will they be defensive at home and nick a goal in Italy?

Headshot wrote: »
    hmm I dont know how celtic will play tomorrow? In away legs up to this game they have been very defensive and that always results in corner bets coming in but will they be defensive at home and nick a goal in Italy?

As a betting proposition I'd go with Celtic double result, as a fan obviously I'll be hoping they win.

Brown to be booked is probably certain

Headshot wrote: »
    Brown to be booked is probably certain

There could be bookings alright. Wanyama might get booked, he was suspended for the last day v Spartak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

On Celtic DC and dnb - think they will get something from the home match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Lennonist wrote: »
    There could be bookings alright. Wanyama might get booked, he was suspended for the last day v Spartak.

2/1 with Skybet. Just had a look on Soccerway he has been booked in 4 of their 8 games in Europe where as Brown has been booked 2 times and is 10/11 no brainer where the value is.

Edit: 10 games forgot HJK.

Falconno4 wrote: »
    PSG 2/1 to beat Valencia tomorrow, are PSG full strength ?

Thiago Silva and Thiago Motta are out.

My bet for tomorrow

The last meeting ended 3-1 Hartlepool

1MDrouB.png

Its a must win for both teams and since Pompey can barely train, while Hartlepool are starting to get on a run of decent results, looks a good bet to me

By right I should just go for the outright win for Hartlepool but im being greedy. I hope it doesnt come back and bite me in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I just got on big again Liverpool to finish 7th - 10th at a whopping 1/1. Theyl be doing very well to finish 7th now. Especially that there out of everything and have to focus on the Europa and all that travel!
    Betvictor still 1/1 after the result tonight:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Valencia 100/1 and Malaga 66/1 are both very overpriced in the outright market. Good trading opportunities here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I'm a Liverpool fan but does anyone fancy Lukaku anytime at 3/1? We've struggled against any physical striker this year. Not sure if I'll back it as I don't like to see Liverpool conceding but based on benteke and smiths performances against us it's definately a worthwhile bet.

Pretty easy winner this if anyone got on. I did but had him in a losing double. Fairly typical :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

SJ has the booking points @46 13/10.

Celtics 10 games have an avg of 5. Juve's 6 games avg 36 points.

The ref in his last 8 games has covered it 7 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Am I the only one who's thinking Juve @ 13-10(-1) corner handicap is seriously tempting, Juve are the corner kings in the Italian league and one would assume they will dominate possession stats - um at work so no real research done yet but thinking of (-2) also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Celtic v Juventus
    Celtic and Juventus have met four times in the past, each of their encounters ending in a home win.
    No Italian club has won at Celtic Park in the Champions League (two defeats, two draws).

Looking at BTTS 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Following on from last nights jammy win :)

Celtic and Man Utd double @ 22.7 !

Combination of enhanced power play on pp and straight double.

€55 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Double for tonight

Cork City DNB 4/6 (Based on the above with a bit of research - nice post magherakid!)
    Liverpool vs West Brom Over 9.5 corners 1/4

Double comes in at 2.08 on StanJames. Small-Medium Stake

Happy again :D

As for tonight I think in=play is the best shout for me. Gonna wait and see how things start of in the Celtic-Juve match and then look at the corner market from there.

Might also take bookings on SJ at over 46 points as posted above

The bookies seem to think the Valencia vs PSG game will go over 2.5... strange cuz it looked like a clear underish game to me, and now the odds on under 2.5 have risen. They're the same as in the Swansea vs QPR game where everyone was expecting an underish game.

So because of that I've gone for BTTS @ 1.70, seems a bit safer than over 2.5

What really stands out at me is celtic 0.0 card handicap bet. So celtic just have the get the most cards @13/10

With that card happy ref. I think it's a superb bet, thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Went through that guy's last 10 matches.

7x away team had more cards
    3x HT, one of which was a friendly between Italy - France which had only 1 yellow (Balotelli) and i dont think you should count friendlies too much.

Now my 1st thought would be Celtic to get more cards than Juve, no doubt. But it is not that Juve cant pick up cards if they get frustrated.

I mean, would you have thought Pirlo picked up 6 yellows already in the Serie A this year? Then there is Vidal and Bonucci with 7 and 8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement