Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Maybe you should read the report before you give such a compassionate opinion of fellow human beings.

I dont need to read the report to know, that many thousands of people were extremely poor in the 20s 30s 40s 50s. Did you ever hear older people say the hungry 40s.

My parents were both physically and mentally abused by teachers. However their not looking for apologies or maybe to be more truthful compo.

That is the way life was. It wasn't nice but that's it. Get over it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Oh Vinny you are a Sanctimonious git. Mary lou (please the public) sinners wagon and that yoke in the leather jacket sickkkkkkkkkkkkk

Sad comment, about such a serious situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The lack of apology is going to the damage the Taoiseach personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I dont need to read the report to know, that many thousands of people were extremely poor in the 20s 30s 40s 50s. Did you ever hear older people say the hungry 40s.

My parents were both physically and mentally abused by teachers. However their not looking for apologies or maybe to be more truthful compo.

That is the way life was. It wasn't nice but that's it. Get over it and move on.

Is that you Bishop?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I don't think you understand the issues at all. This was not about people being poor - it was about women being used as slaves in hell holes that the State allowed to remain open.

I think those women deserve an apology from the State and compensation.

• Advertisement

Sad comment, about such a serious situation.

It's the truth Vinny is a git and Mary Lou is looking for the sinners top spot and doing a good job I might add to get it.

It's the truth Vinny is a git and Mary Lou is looking for the sinners top spot and doing a good job I might add to get it.

:o

I don't think you understand the issues at all. This was not about people being poor - it was about women being used as slaves in hell holes that the State allowed to remain open.

I think those women deserve an apology from the State and compensation.

Where will the compo stop as they alluded to on the panel travellers, abused children, single mothers. The list goes on and on and the country (taX PAYING CITIZENS) cant afford this.

Should Edna apologise to children we went to school like my parents and were abused as stated above and they receive compo as well.

My final word is Edna apologise if you wish (he did say in the Dail he was sorry for the women) but no compo please.

:o

You are dead right they are :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rdubz

An apology should be sufficient as no amount of money would make things better.Country is f^^ked and were talking about givin more money out.

• Advertisement

You are dead right they are :o

You missed the point, I am embarrassed for you and your comments. The old lady on prime time is only looking for pension contributions for the fourteen years she was imprisoned in the Gulag. Do you object to that. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Where will the compo stop as they alluded to on the panel travellers, abused children, single mothers. The list goes on and on and the country (taX PAYING CITIZENS) cant afford this.

Should Edna apologise to children we went to school like my parents and were abused as stated above and they receive compo as well.

My final word is Edna apologise if you wish (he did say in the Dail he was sorry for the women) but no compo please.
    So you're happy enough that the ''(taX PAYING CITIZENS'') should pay billions to zombie banks, further hundred of millions in pensions to our former glorious leaders, millions to developers for 'working' with Nama.
    But we shouldn't even consider paying some money to a few hundred old women just because they were forced to work for years for nothing

Nice to see you've got your priorities straight.... By the way, how are things up there in the Diocesan Palace?

coolhull wrote: »
    So you're happy enough that the ''(taX PAYING CITIZENS'') should pay billions to zombie banks, further hundred of millions in pensions to our former glorious leaders, millions to developers for 'working' with Nama.
    But we shouldn't even consider paying some money to a few hundred old women just because they were forced to work for years for nothing

Nice to see you've got your priorities straight.... By the way, how are things up there in the Diocesan Palace?

Good one.

You missed the point, I am embarrassed for you and your comments. The old lady on prime time is only looking for pension contributions for the fourteen years she was imprisoned in the Gulag. Do you object to that. ?

I think you are, that is one person, what about the rest. Then park that issue and all that compo and move to the next issue. As I have already said the list is long.

I presume you are a tax paying citizen and if so when income tax levels goes up to cover all this compo, you will still say oh yes I can't pay the mortgage but my conscience is clear because that old lady has got her money.

Embarrassed you may be for me but reality bites and remember if we go down the compo route it will become and unstoppable train!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rdubz

Republican prisoners lost pension contributions in the 50's for being jailed,should they get all their entitlements now given the fact they were fighting on behalf of this country,as a result they get seriously reduced pensions.

Absolutely not, but we the people elected the TDs who made that choice. Brian Cowen, the late Brian Lenihan etc.

One cannot be emotive when it comes to making these decisions.

Good point where will it stop?

Oh ya footnote, Thanks I do live in a palace, however it was built with my wife's money and my own + a 100k mortgage.

Less of the stupid remarks, oh I see your gone :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh ya footnote, Thanks I do live in a palace, however it was built with my wife's money and my own + a 100k mortgage.

Less of the stupid remarks, oh I see your gone :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Ah, you mean you paid for your house in the same way those nun creatures paid for their huge convents amd the bishops and priests their own way for their sad little accommodation.
    Really, sometimes when you're in a hole you really sould lay the shovel aside and stop digging.
    And obviously I must apologise for my stupid remarks. What was I thinking, that perhaps we should actually pay those poor women for spending years doing slave labour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Almost spot on.

Lets see who those are who are calling for an apology?

All who have not got to take the knock on effects into consideration.

Vested interests.

The media who see it at a news story-nothing more.

Kenny is dead right to stand back and consider his position on this issue.

What difference is a fortnight going to make?

One has to ask why is an 'apology' so important right now?

These people were badly treated and should be compensated.

However let's not jump the gun and open the floodgates for every person who has a gripe to load in and ride in on their coat tails.

Bit of common sense here please, and don't let the highly paid denizens of the media cloud the issue.

It's the taxpayer who will have to pay for this, some of the hard pressed working people worried about job security and the future.

Bit removed from Montrose, I would suggest.

• Advertisement

rdubz wrote: »
    Republican prisoners lost pension contributions in the 50's for being jailed,should they get all their entitlements now given the fact they were fighting on behalf of this country,as a result they get seriously reduced pensions.

Were the Republican prisoners jailed because they were poor, because their parents couldn't care for them, because they were mostly under 16 years old?
    Was it their local parish priest or Legion of Mary who incarcerated them?

Maybe you could provide links to show this is the point you're making?

Ah, you mean you paid for your house in the same way those nun creatures paid for their huge convents amd the bishops and priests their own way for their sad little accommodation.
    Really, sometimes when you're in a hole you really sould lay the shovel aside and stop digging.
    And obviously I must apologise for my stupid remarks. What was I thinking, that perhaps we should actually pay those poor women for spending years doing slave labour?

What are you on. I'm a married man with a wife and mortgage. I'm not a priest/bishop as one of your previous remarks alluded to. This is what I meant by your silly remark.
    Making completely unfounded comments that are total rubbish.

You obviously have a massive axe to grind with religious people "nun creatures". I would think at your age you should have more sense.

. This is what I meant by your silly remark.
    Making completely unfounded comments that are total rubbish.

You obviously have a massive axe to grind with religious people "nun creatures". I would think at your age you should have more sense.

You know my age? My my, I have to be more careful here. What else do you reckon you know about me?
    But then I suppose you might find its easier to insult me than come up with thought-out answers.... But then, water off a duck, my friend, water off a duck.....

You know my age? My my, I have to be more careful here. What else do you reckon you know about me?
    But then I suppose you might find its easier to insult me than come up with thought-out answers.... But then, water off a duck, my friend, water off a duck.....

How right you are! I was 10 years old when we got electricity in our house, way out in the country, in 1964.

The above is from a comment made by you. So I don't know your exact age but should have a good idea to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Looks like we have an marathon session of Vin B tonight.

Very strange so far... straight to an ad break and now randomers interupting a live report outside Leinster House ranting against the promissory notes. And then apparently another ad break after this update which will mean three ad breaks in about 10 minutes.

How right you are! I was 10 years old when we got electricity in our house, way out in the country, in 1964.

The above is from a comment made by you. So I don't know your exact age but should have a good idea to it.

Ahh , the rewards that can be accrued by a little research! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Very strange so far... straight to an ad break and now randomers interupting a live report outside Leinster House ranting against the promissory notes. And then apparently another ad break after this update which will mean three ad breaks in about 10 minutes.
    Yipee!

I'm off to the kitchen to put on some popcorn, someone keep me a seat :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That station is all about adverts.
    Why is VB on so early tonight?

Ahh , the rewards that can be accrued by a little research! Well done!

Thanks Coolhull I think, signing off now couldn't listen to 2 hours of Vinnie tonight.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should have Vin B out in the field tonight, asking the questions the rest of them won't.

2nd most important night in the history of the state and RTE are showing Dinner For Schmuchs and CSI:NY, you wouldn't get it in North Korea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement