Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 em07

taxation tho.? and know what economist.?

Economics Examcraft:
    Like different economists came up with different theories its a 17m question and like Fiscal policy like that whole chapt

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HotChocolate.1

Eim2013 wrote: »

Thanks so much ! :) Some people said
    zinc and cheese prod are
    on it is that right ya ? :)

Home Ec Examcraft HL:
    Zinc wasn't on it ! and cheese production was only a short question you just needed to name the starter culture.
    maybe they had the DEP one? Our teacher told us that we were deff getting the examcraft one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

For northern Ireland I know it's the apprentice boys & for pos it's problems encountered by the delegates in the treaty debates & democracy is the second Vatican council.! Document is Katanga and the impact of the secession!

History DEB:

DEB's document is
    France.

You've got some of your questions mixed up or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lazyboy94

OL IRISH P1 Spoiler:
    Q A; your fav concert that you went to or a christmas in your house,
    B your parent go on holiday and u invite u friend to comeover or someone is shouting help help but no one answers.
    C then a letter to ur uncle talking abouta holiday u r on over the easter holidays

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thread closed again to clear out rubbish and wonder why LC students cannot read and follow simple instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »
    Thread closed again to clear out rubbish and wonder why LC students cannot read and follow simple instructions.

Thread re-opened.

Please do not post requests, they will be deleted.
    Please read the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DubRos101

Accounting examcraft higher level:
    Q1:
    Manufacturing
    Q2,3,4: Unsure of what one of them is but the other two are club and incomplete, Q5, interpretation of accounts banker, q6 and 7 suspense and published and can't remember q9 but q8 was marginal costing with NO absorption

Economics examcraft higher level:
    Know the the economist for iron law of wages, comparative advantage, laissez faire and something else, imperfect competition, demand, tax, budget, international trade

French examcraft higher level:
    comprehension on hunger games and a small poor, young town in France. then drugs, environment, clingy parents and education

• Registered Users Posts: 29 6YearStruggle

HL ECONOMICS
    DEB.

Short Questions
    Define nationalisation and give an advantage and disadvantage
    Calculate CPI
    The importance of entrepreneurship in the economy
    Define direct taxes and give 2 advantages of increasing rates of direct taxes
    Calculate marginal utility
    The contribution of monetarist economists
    The relationship between average costs as marginal costs
    Responsibilities of NTMA
    They give you a long run imperfect competition curve and you have to label and describe it.

Long Questions
    1. Define law of demand. Give 3 exceptions to this law. The difference between a movement and a shift along the demand curve. Define effective demand, composite demand and derived demand. Calculate marginal utility. Give the assumptions of marginal utility. Give the exceptions of marginal utility.
    2. 3 assumptions of monopoly. 2 sources of monopoly power. Draw a long turn curve for a monopoly firm. 3 means for a monopoly firm to achieve greater productivity. 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of monopoly.
    3. YED AND PED. Why YED can be negative. Know what a normal and inferior good is. Why knowledge of elasticity is useful.
    4. MEC. Know Keynes theory. (Didn't do)
    5. International trade. Consequences of the fall in the euro. What affects the exchange rate. The increase of exports affect on imports and borrowing.
    6. What is an open and closed economy. What is consumption and what influences it. Define GDP at currency market price and GNP and factor cost. Whether GNP is greater than, equal to or less than GDP. The effect the increase of VAT and increase of subsidies to farmers would have on GNP.
    7. Define mixed economy. How the government intervenes on the economy. 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of government intervention. 2 reasons for state borrowing. 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages of incurring Irish debt. Is the new property tax progressive or regressive. One advantage and one disadvantage of new property tax.
    8. How to reduce the budget deficit. The effects of your choices. Define birth rate. 3 economic implications of the population change. 2 social costs and 2 benefits of improved infrastructure. 2 areas of infrastructure that need investment.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigbeef

coshea123 wrote: »
    Could some post the aiste and diospoireacht titles HL Irish Debs..?

Irish DEB HL:
    the importance of music in a young persons life, the little things in life, bad luck, i think a diaspoireacht on the education system not wile sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

ART HISTORY EXAMCRAFT:
    Irish History;
    Newgrange, Christian Crosses, Iron Age, Louis Le Brocquy
    I'm unsure of the rest of the questions but since you only answer 1 those 4 should be enough!

European History;
    Giotto and Masaccio, the option to write about a self portrait, a war image, religious image. Van Gogh, Michelangelo. To explain cubism, surrealism or pop art and describe a painting of that style.
    Again that's all I can remember off the top of my head but you only answer one!

Appreciation of Art;
    discuss the given magazine cover,
    discuss a local modern building, put together a design in a garden,
    you have to choose a sculpture by a living Irish artist to put in your school
    And the gallery question is basic, discuss the layout and presentation techniques of the named exhibition and then discuss 2 of the paintings you saw.

As of today I'm finished my exams (English Irish maths geography art biology and German, all HL EXAMCRAFT) and I've posted the ones I hadn't seen but if I can be of help to anyone let me know!

• Advertisement

roxyos wrote: »

Hi Iwould Be so greatful if you could put up the whole examcraft biology HL
    exam?

Biology Examcraft HL:
    Short qs; homeostasis, enzyme activity, joints, auxins and that's all I can remember!

experiments: photosynthesis, immobilised enzymes, leaf yeast

Long qs: ecology, nitrogen and carbon cycle. Genetics. The eye, immunity, fungi, movement within plants, Krebs cycle and respiration, and there's a few more I can't remember, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ChloeL

HL French Examcraft:
    (nice paper, in my opinion. The comprehensions weren't too bad. There's one about The Hunger Games and another about this town in France with a very young population)

Mandatory Q1- The education system in Ireland/Katniss Everdeen showed courage. Talk about a time where you have showed courage

Opinion Questions
    -The environment
    -Dangers of drugs

Diary Entry
    -Your parents won't let you go on holiday

<snip request>

MEGUMI wrote: »
    hey if its no bother could you please tell me what came up on your german exam :)

German:
    ausserung 1 is the importance of friends and ausserung 2 is the important of familyy and are grandparents important for kids
    Letter topics are tourism, violence, what Irish teens do after the leaving (holidays etc) and what do you think of learning German.
    The grammar was pluperfect (I think, I guessed!) and changing sentences to questions

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TrionaaC

Can someone confirm that
    Plath
    is not on exam craft eng p2 Hl

English Examcraft HL Paper 2:
    Nope she is definitely not on examcraft!
    Mahon, Shakespeare,bishop and Hopkins

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TrionaaC

HL Examcraft Business:

Paper was easy enough!
    Can't remember it all by the way!
    Intrapreneur and 2 benefits, eu derivatives, limited liability, calculation to do with compensation, a few questions about a ratio(no calculations) , IDA Ireland and Enterprise Ireland,

Abq- Evaluate the marketing mix in the business l, benefits of ICT in a global business, benefits of thr business globally and nationally.

Long Q- sales of good and supply of services, data/rights commissionee, how the industrial relations act can help solve diputes, theory X, Democratic leader, prototype development/feasibility study, stock/credit control, importance of market research, factors when deciding price.

Can't remember anything else!
    If I can give ye any advice at all: Watch your time! Seriously, I didn't get to finish and I had loads left to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sorcha12345

This website isn't very helpful, can it not be better organised??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Onemoreyear

Home Ec Examcraft HL:
    Ahm the short questions were to draw the basic structure of an amino acid, properties of vitamin B1, how a food processor works, 3 functions of water, 3 advantages of a prize bond to the consumer eh that's all I can remember.! Long questions lipids was mandatory know how to draw glycerol + 3fatty acids, how to describe cis and trans fatty acids, and malnutrition of irish people today. Q2 was definition of osteoporosis and how to prevent it and to plan a menu for someone with osteoporosis! Q5 was the definition of marriage and 3 cultural variations. For the elective it was changing unemployment trends, voluntary work in your local community and st Vincent de Paul.! Sorry that's all I remember other than Q3 was microbiology and Q5 was consumer- what influences consumer spending & techniques retailers use to attract customers. Hope this helped :-)
    <snipped request>
    That's deb

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

wollfffff wrote: »
    ol irish deb paper please helppppppppp!!

DEBS PAPER ONE IRISH OL!

Click the search forum button just at the top of this thread. I don't know what paper you need but here is paper 1. Credit to whoever I just stole this off :)

Blag:
    The weekend
    The importance of the education system
    My favourite place in Ireland.

Sceal:
    I opened a letter that was on the table and I let out a scream....

Email/Letter:
    You want to go to a concert but it's the same time as your exams and your mam won't let you go. Write a letter to your best friend.
    You went on holidays and the hotel or area was dirty.

:D

This isn't a website it's a thread on a forum.

It relies on the people posting to keep it in order.
    Many posters (strangely, mostly newly registered ones like you) want something for nothing, don't bother reading the rules and just complain.

Don't bother posting here again if it offends you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucy101

I think you better stop being ungreatfull! If its not helpful why are you on the site???

• Advertisement

engineering spoilers please :/ badly stuck :((

Did you search?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83057886&postcount=696

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Theme: Hope

Text 1 - Inspring Hope For The Next Generation, an extract about Jim Stunes and the youth outreach he founded.

A(I) Your impression of Stynes
    (II) Images captures different aspects of his life?
    (III) 3 features of write's style contribute to appeal

B Talk you would give to LC students to inspire them to make the most of their lives

Text 2 - Hope For A Better Future, Orla Tinsley writes about the challenges living with cystic fibrosis

A(I) Life of someone with CF portrayed in extract
    (II) Do you find Orla Tinsley to be inspiring?
    (III) What aspects of the text are powerful & emotional?

B A proposal to editor of newspaper why you want to interview Orla and areas you wish to explore in the interview

Text 3 - A Lesson From The Past, Joseph O' Connor reminisces about his father and the hopes and dreams he must have had growing up in the Liberties in Dublin

A(I) Aspects of writer's relationship with father emerge most strongly?
    (II) Three features of writer's style contribute good descriptive writing
    (III) Visual images capture different stages of father's life?

B Two diary entries the father wrong, one in his youth and one when he has his own children

Compositions:

1 Write a personal essay about a time in your life when you had to remain positive

2 Write an opinion piece for a magazine entitled: 'young people today have lost their individuality'

3 Write a short story inspired by the phrase 'the pain of saying goodbye and moving on'

4 Write a persuasive speech on the issue of freedom of speech in today's world

5 Write a personal essay in which you explore the aspects of modern life which you find to be difficult to understand or accept

6 Write an article for a school magazine on the importance of hopes and dreams in our lives

7 Write a ghost story in which setting/location plays a significant role

Really nice paper, good luck!

I have maths P1 tomorrow, so I'll post that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marmomarvin

Irish HL Examcraft :
    know biography genre type for Text 1 Q6b
    oisin i dtir na nog - treithe na bealoidis
    mo ghra sa- (i) cen fath dán nua-aimseartha e?
    (ii) eifeacht na luibini
    (iii) saol an file

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Musicforlife

Hey does anyone know if the aural from this French HL paper is Examcraft or DEBS. It was about
    chocolate(4 different people going on about it),Something about the European Union's affect on Ireland and bogs were mentioned,a politician's wife's role
    and that's all i can remember.

We have the next paper tomorrow and i really really would appreciate if anyone knew if it was examcraft or debs.

Hey does anyone know if the aural from this French HL paper is Examcraft or DEBS. It was about
    chocolate(4 different people going on about it),Something about the European Union's affect on Ireland and bogs were mentioned,a politician's wife's role

We have the next paper tomorrow and i really really would appreciate if anyone knew if it was examcraft or debs.

Sounds like examcraft, only I think you're mixing up bogs w/irish :)

Doesn't sound like Examcraft: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82935940&postcount=140

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Musicforlife

Oh i mixed the bogs up with irish. Must be examcraft cheers :)

spurious wrote: »

No, it's definitely examcraft. Had the aural on monday and an entire section was based on
    chocolate
    and then in the section with
    the two politicians, their wives are brought into it

• Advertisement

DubRos101 wrote: »
    No, it's definitely examcraft. Had the aural on monday and an entire section was based on
    chocolate
    and then in the section with
    the two politicians, their wives are brought into it

OK, I wonder was the original spoiler poster's French so bad that they completely misunderstood what was going on in the aural?:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement