Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CG1234

I have done all my mocks, all Examcraft and all at higher level, my subjects were:
    English, Irish, Maths, Business, Home Ec, Biology and LCVP
    need any help, reply and I will do my best to remember what came up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just a quick reminder that requests will be deleted if the paper has already been posted in the thread.

Use the search function before posting any requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

Just a quick reminder that requests will be deleted if the paper has already been posted in the thread.

Use the search function before posting any requests.

I searched this whole ****ing thread for pass economics and it wasnt here so why were my ****ing requests deleted

Conor556 wrote: »
    I searched this whole ****ing thread for pass economics and it wasnt here so why were my ****ing requests deleted

Relax. There are plenty here that haven't specified the level:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83084792
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83084616
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83022880
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82986646
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82986100

It would be more useful to ask the posters what level they sat, or compare to other posts, to find out if they are OL.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

part one Audio visual was straight forward about
    a mother setting up a company to do with food for babies as she was shocked with all the brand labels ingredients and expiry dates
    Part two was on
    Carlingford, why would you move there, where could you go to to get help to set up the day care centre
    Long Questions :
    world of work features heavily, know you career instigation inside out. you're asked to write a letter of thanks to your employer during your work experience and what benefited you.
    Enterprise , agendas , organising a quest speaker to come in etc

• Advertisement

Lily123 wrote: »
    What was on home ec?

Home Ec Examcraft HL:

To be honest I cant remember a lot about Home Ec,
    short questions were hard enough, the fridge came up in them and everything else was general enough! The Q1 was on obesity and something about cheese, know cheese production! Honestly cannot remember the rest! If your elective was Social Studies, let me know and I will tell you what came up for that!

Home Ec Examcraft HL: - Social Studies Elective

Okay, the topics are:
    education - physical, emotional and moral development, special needs education,
    Work - Attitude to work and work attainment, changes in patterns os work and work availability, women in the workforce

That's question a and c, part b was about poverty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

Higher Level Examcraft Ag Science

Question 1
    a) state the products of digestion of - proteins, fats, and carboyhdrates

B) draw a labelled diagram of the bread mould mucor

C) i) give one example of an organism belonging to phylum platyhelminthus and
    ii) list 2 characterisitcs of this named organism

D) Write a balanced chemicall equation for I) photosyn and ii) aerobic respiration

E) i) name the larval stage of each of the following - click beetle -cranefly
    ii) List the stages in an insect lifecycle that undergoes complete metamorphosis

f) write out the dental forumla of i) a pig and ii) a cow

g) explain each of the following - biodiversity -biennials -bloat

h) state 2 factors that influence soil temp and 2 factors that influence soil pH

i) 3 advantages of using a number of strains of perennial ryegrassi in seed mixture

j) State the plant family to which clover belongs to
    3 advantages of clover

( I have the whole exam btw im just not typing it all up because it would take ages, if anyone needs anything in particular please ask) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

On page one in the instructions it said that you must specify what level the paper you are posting is so why didnt you delete those ones? so you still have no reason for deleting my request! Jump out of the digger now and stop making a hole for yourself!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Conor556 warned for uncivil language and questioning the action of a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I've searched for business HL DEB and examcraft and both results come up with the same paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 michel1234

Does anyone know whats one Irish OL paper 1 examcraft?
    I can give you
    Biology HL
    business HL
    Spanish HL
    geography HL
    All examcraft
    and irish OL paper 2

I really need a pretty detailed spoiler on the economics examcraft paper please! :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82986646

There are more if you search.

Business HL Examcraft
    lollie1234 wrote: »
    Do you remember any of the short questions for business? And long questions if possible?

Yeah I do, only remember bits and pieces..
    Wide selection of short questions, but they are actually really easy for a change! ABQ is about a global business, the benefits it gives to the local and national economy, it's use of the marketing mix and how ICT benefits a business. Long Questions, question One was tricky enough, stuff about Data Commissioner, and sale of goods and supply of services act, don't remember much on it! Q2 had stuff about franchising the uses of a feasability study and prototype development, Q3 I didn't look at! Then Q4,5,7 were a mixture of stock control, credit control, risk management, democratic leadership, theory X approach.
    And there was a question in there somewhere about the benefits and drawbacks of a commerical state-owned company changing to private owned?
    Note: Nothing on EU, and no question that includes figures or graphs in the long questions.
    Sorry I cant remember it all

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickyh

AG SCIENCE HIGHER LEVEL DEB:
    Q1. name adult stage of leather jacket wireworm and cercaria.
    weight at birth of bonham calf nd lamb.
    2 chemical elements which may be present in protein buh not in carbohydrates. name chemicals used to test for protein.
    3 characteristics of loam soil
    state where each cerebrum bowmans capsule semi lunar valve and retina are.
    3 reasons for crop rotation.
    draw a labelled diagram of bread mould.

Q2. state and explain 4 factors that contribute to separation nd cementation of soil.
    outline how deficiency of trace elements occur in soils.
    list 2 trace elements found in soils nd diesease which is caused.
    describe experiement to compare drainage of a sandy nd clay soil.

Q3. construct a graph of lactation show on it peak yield nd persistancy.
    describe 4 factors that influencemilk yield
    describe the biochemical process that occurs during the preservation of ensiled material.

Q4 experiements. to determine the num of earthworkms in a pasture
    to determine the rate of transpiration of a plant
    toestimate the percentage sugar in a sample of grass

Q8 discuss the rearing of spring calves under disease control nd feeding
    describe how synchronisation of oestrus is carried out in a sheep breeding enterprise
    advantages of it.
    name 2 wastes removed by lungs
    describe how breathing is controlled
    2 diseases that effect breathing of cattle.

Q9 scientific explanations
    the formation of butyric acid silage
    the presence of ared colour in urine of cows
    the development of peat over a podzol soil
    the leader follow system
    the practise of sowing ryegrass varietys with different heading out dates in a seed mixture for grazing.

Q5 imporance of nitrogen status of soil ground cover by vegetation nutrient value of the herbage
    ground water pollution.

describe with aid of a labelled diagram how carbon is recycled
    outline practis involved in producing good quality hhay.

Q 6 . difference between transpitartion nd translocation active immunity nd passiv immunity edaphic factors nd biotic factors saprophyte nd parasite.

importance of good management pratices in the establishment and growth of a cereal croop.

discuss the factores a farmer would consider when chosing a variety of winter barley for sowing.

Conor556 wrote: »
    Its a wonder you didnt delete the request!

Stop derailing the thread. If you have a problem with mod actions, take it to PM with the mod and NOT on thread, as detailed in the first post.

The request was deleted, it being quoted in my post does not mean it is still on thread and does not corrupt the searches.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

Ag science examcraft: other questions (I have already posted question one so I'm not reposting it, its there in the thread somewhere :P)

QUESTION 2)
    a) describe an experiment to demonstrate the role of earthworms in the soil
    b) explain these terms - poaching, puddling, leaching
    b ii) list 3 farm activites that help improve soil structure
    c) ( is a table and you have to answer questions from it
    then d) explain the terms- avaliable water capacity and permanent wiliting point

3. option one a) desribe how the digestibility of grass sward changes during the growing season
    b) compare and contrast bull beef production with heifer beef production
    c) i) state the function of the hormones i) giberlellin ii) oxytocin

or

3. option 2 a) describe the cultivation of a named cereal crop under the following headings - i) soil type ii) seedbed preperation iii) sowing the seed iv) fertilizers v) yield (ha)

b) compare the diet of a named ruminant animal with the diet of a named non ruminant animal

c) i) 1) name 2 breeds used in outdoor pig production 2) state 2 reasons why a constant water supply should be available to pigs reared outdoors
    3) give threee advantages of pigs digging outdoors
    iii) state 2 characteristics of a temporary ley

4) ( do 2 experiments)
    a) the action of a named animal enzyme
    b) the pressence of bacteria on the root nodules of clover
    c) the butter fat content of milk
    d) to estimate the percentage of organic matter in a soil sample

5) a) i) compare and contrast silage making and hay making
    ii) list one way silage effluent can be disposed of safely
    b) describe a method used to measure the percentage sugar in a sample of grass
    c) i) list 3 ways a farmer can determine silage quality by observation at the pit face
    ii) define haylage

6) draw a labelled diagram of the preproductive system of a cow
    ii) write a note on - i) reproductive effeciency ii) freemartin condition
    b)i) name and explain 2 modes of action herbicides
    ii) write a note on the "leader follower grazing system"

c) i) list and explain 3 ways calf mortality can be reduced in the suckler herd
    ii) compare bulky feeds and concentrates under the following headings - nutrition, energy value , examples

7) a) the gender of offspring is determined by the male in mammals, illustrate this statement in termns of chromosomes
    b) outline the principle stages in embryo transplantation in cows
    c) state why an economic breeding index (EBI) is useful to farmers
    d) explain each of the following terms - polyploidy, test cross , multiple allels

8) Answer 2 of the following - a, b and c
    a) write a note on sexed semen and state its advantage on a dairy farm
    b) describe the carbon cycle with a diagram
    c) write a short note on each of the following terms-
    basin peat and blanket peat
    hermaphrodite and hertotrophic
    osmosis and diffusion
    mixed grazing and zero grazing

question 9) give a a scientific explanation for 4 of these -
    a) the feeding of maize silage to dairy cows
    b) spreading hydrated lime on bonham pads
    c) dipping of sheep
    d) the absorption of water by the root hairs of plants
    e) paeteruation of milk

I know my spelling is pretty bad throughout this post but i was trying to finish it off asap :P i dont see how anyone could really have anymore questions but if ye do just mail me because i dont really look back on the post because i have all my exams finished

soupdvd wrote: »
    can anybody tell me what came up on their BIOLOGY, HOME-EC AND FRENCH PAPER. Exact questions please, please please ;) i really need the help. go on, post the questions that were on your paper .. :) xx

Search the thread, they're all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

lynchr wrote: »
    Hi, any help with the music paper?

Music DEB:

We got the DEBS paper, I think, this is what came up for the listening (note to mods, these are definite questions that we know come up):

Bach:
    Easy enough, on the Bass Aria (one with oboe), very doable question

Queen:
    This was on the "Nothing really matters, anyone can see", the Outro, we found out it was called afterwards :L Bit of dictation involved, I think, but it was easy enough

Romeo and Juliet:
    This was q.1, it was on the Love theme the second time round/Exposition. Can't remember what exactly was asked, sorry

Barry:
    Absolutely horrible question. Know stuff about "compositional techniques", and the answer to the tick the box q. is C6 (the excerpt was the part where the violin sounds tuneless and more like a dying cat

Irish music:
    For the 10 mark question, céilí band tradition, harping tradition and ornamentation in either singing or instruments came up. Can't remember the 4th option, sorry

Hope this helps you a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

Irish paper 2 anyone DEBS? So desperate I could cry :(
    It is all on the thread literally all the questions and everything. Just look !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 polly669

HarHar wrote: »
    I've been searching the thread for Art - Examcraft, and there's not much spoilers, and some of them contradict each other, saying different stuff is coming up! If anyones has done the Examcraft art exam could you please post a spoiler? I'll love ya forever <3

Art Examcraft:
    Question one was on Newgrange and you had to describe the stones and how they have influenced pre-christian art. degas and renoir came up in same question and you had to discuss one painting from each and another artist from the impressionism. Gallery question was describe 2 things you liked from exhibition. Van Gogh came up aswell with some other people-cant remember :P

Home Ec - HL - Examcraft
    social studies plewsae

Okay, the topics are:
    education - physical, emotional and moral development, special needs education,
    Work - Attitude to work and work attainment, changes in patterns os work and work availability, women in the workforce

That's question a and c, part b was about poverty :)

higher, not sure .. give it to me anyway please

Biology HL Examcraft
    Short Qs Topics .. Food, microscope, passive process, turgidity, synovial joint, photosynthesis, homeostasis, excretion, growth regulators
    Experiments .. Light intensity on rate of photosynthesis, alcohol fermentation using yeast, temp on rate of enzyme activity, pH on rate of enzyme activity, growth of leaf yeast
    Long Qs Topics ..
    Q10 - Parasite, symbiosis, study of ecosystem, carbon and nitrogen cycle
    Q11 - Awful question, cant remember what it was though, think it was DNA??
    Q12 - Digestion
    Q13 - Vegetative propogation, sexual reproduction in flowering plant, germination
    Q14 - 5 kingdoms, respiration, the eye
    Q15 - Reproduction (mostly about female), Transport in flowering plants, nervous system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lanarty94

History higher level
    1913 lockout
    land

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigbeef

Leanne95 wrote: »
    Global independence elective higher level geography debs ??

Geography DEB:
    examine the causes and impacts of one global environmental issue studies by you

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

HL DEB Maths Paper 1
    Q1. Let z1=1+i and z2=-2+2i
    Find z1.z2 and hence plot z1,z2 and z1.z2 on the argand diagram
    Express z1,z2 and z1.z2 in polar form
    Explain what happens when you multiply 2 complex numbers
    Use demoivres to evaluate (z1)^6

Q2. Future population is given by P(t)=Ae^bt. The population was 1500 in 2000 and 3560 in 2010
    Find the value of a and the value of b
    Determine the pop in 2020
    During what year will the pop reach 15000

Q3. Solve three simultaneous equations
    Write 1/x + 1/2y as a single fraction
    show that (x+2y)(1/x +1/2y) greater than or equal to 4

Q4. Write a polynomial function for a graph
    Graph 2 functions
    Solve [x-6]less than [x+2]
    Verify your answer algerbracially

Q5. This was on a clothing company and you had to draw a graph etc. and find an expression

Q6. Lottery prize, Option A: 1500 each month for 25 years or Option B: one lumpsum
    Find the rate of interest per month at an AER of 3.5%
    Find the present value after 3 months
    Show that the total value of her pension can be represented by a geometric sequence
    How much would option b need to be to match the future value of her pension

Q7.
    Newton raphson
    sin x from first principles
    y=sin2x/2(cosx+sinx) find dy/dx
    A curve is defined by the equation x^2y+xy^2=6
    Find dy/dx
    determine whether the tangents are parallel at the point x=2

Q8. integration : x^4 - x^2 +3 / x^2
    evaluate the integral of dx/sqrt5-4x-x^2 at 1 and -2
    evaluate 2x+1/sqrtx+1 at 3 and 0
    The diagram shows a curve y=1/x and the line 4x+8y-33=0 Calculate the area of the shaded region

:D Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Question for the people who have done there mocks. Did you do have the same papers for your exams, ie were all of them Examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lollie1234

michel1234 wrote: »
    Does anyone have what was on OL Maths EXAMCRAFT?
    I can share....
    Biology HL
    Geograpgy HL
    Irish OL
    Spanish HL
    Business HL

Maths Examcraft OL:

I dont do Ordinary level but i know Paper 1 is:
    scattergraphs, and construction about 3 hospitals, want to build a fourth one in the centre of the three. construct the best location for this hospital and explain your answer. perpendicular lines.
    As a friend told me.
    Can you please share the HL Business, a few people have asked you to share papers and you havent, so please, I'll try find out more for Paper 2 maths for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

buyer95 wrote: »
    Question for the people who have done there mocks. Did you do have the same papers for your exams, ie were all of them Examcraft?

Most schools order their mocks from one particular company, so all their mock papers are from the one company. However I have seen on this that one school distributed papers from 2 companies, it is rare enough though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

buyer95 wrote: »
    No in my school they used two company's and for the pass maths they used two different companies for the two different papers :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement