Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Thanks, seen that one thrown about earlier, is it dead cert to be that, or just being said on this thread?

I got that one except, the poems that came up for me were
    Spailpin and Mo Ghra sa
    Everything else was Identical though. So I'm not sure what happened

Le_Dooner wrote: »
    Ah well it's narrowed down enough, do you only answer on one poem and one story?

2 poems 2 stories

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lemonsunrise

SeanMcG95 wrote: »
    Sorry for posting a request, but does anyone know what's on German HL DEB? Apparently the ones posted are all examcraft :confused:

The ones posted are actually DEB, people got confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

SeanMcG95 wrote: »
    If that's examcraft then what is on DEBs German? Has nobody posted it yet :confused:

This looks like its DEB: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83053270

All German results are here.
    Miss.Anon wrote: »
    do u have any for Q.4 or the previous qs ? :) much appreciated :)

Chemistry HL DEB posts:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83068744
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82989496
    any one know what long essays are on geography ocean atmosphere enviroment section on deb and examcraft

Geography search results here.
    Construction examcraft?

Search results here: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056848375&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=construction
    Conor556 wrote: »
    There is no OL economics on the thread so why was my request deleted?????????????

If we didn't delete all the requests, the search results would give you hundreds of posts asking for the paper, instead of just the paper.

If we didn't delete all the requests, the search results would give you hundreds of posts asking for the paper, instead of just the paper.

But quite a lot of people don't put papers up until requested. I don't know about his case, but mine wasn't even asked for at all in this thread. Surely that's an exception? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanMcG95

The ones posted are actually DEB, people got confused!

Ok thanks for confirming that. A few people were saying the spoilers posted weren't DEB and other people posted them saying they were examcraft instead so that's what threw me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sib95

Music HL DEB
    Q.1 tchaikovsky
    Q.2 bach
    Q.3 bohemian rhapsody
    Q.4 barry

Irish essay - harping tradition, 3 irish dance tunes, ceili bands
    Unseen piece, compare to bach

<snip>

Brad768 wrote: »
    But quite a lot of people don't put papers up until requested. I don't know about his case, but mine wasn't even asked for at all in this thread. Surely that's an exception? :)

Point taken, physics has been mentioned a lot but not specifically OL. Some have unspecified levels so you could have a read of those and see if they look like they could be OL.
    Shah95 wrote: »
    Ag.Science HL debs anyone...! Looked around but can only find limited info... Plz help??? I've done Maths, English, French, Physics, History, Chemistry and Biology all higher...

How extensive was your look around? Please learn how to search the thread for anything else you need. Here is the full paper.

Post the papers you have please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leavingcertt

DEB HL Accounting:
    Q1 Sole Trader - Goods in Transit/Restocking Charge/Mortgage Interest - Suspense/ personal drawings/depreciation-disposal vans/revaluation buildings.
    Q.2/3/4 I didnt do them but Creditors Control/and Tabular were there anyway!
    Q.5 Always intepretation of accounts - didnt do this Q either
    Q.6 Published - no dividends adjustment! Notes on 1. Tangible Assets and Stock 2. Operating Profit 3. Interst and 4. Tangible Fixed Assets. Theory - what to do with (cant remember what they're called?) liabilty which is probable to happen
    Q.7 Incomplete forwards - theres cash at the begining of the year, all adjustments were grand! theory on accounting concepts
    Q8. Identical question to 2006 - Marginal & Absorption - the theory was different though
    Q9. Simple Production Budget

• Registered Users Posts: 6 em07

If anyone needs EXAMCRAFT:
    HL:
    music
    German
    Irish
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    Economics
    Let me know I've done all

• Advertisement

gcc00 wrote: »
    what was on your business paper?

Plenty of business here, look through the results to get your level and company.
    Can someone please tell me whats on debs HL irish Paper 1 Please!!!!

Here's one result, there are others if you do a search.
    Biology Examcraft anyone cant find it anywhere!

Make sure you're using the search function correctly. Here and here, there are more if you search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JenniferE12

shawnanana wrote: »
    Sorry for making a request but there are no answers already in the thread...
    HL DEB LCVP anyone???

LCVP DEB HL:

It's an easy enough paper so don't worry!
    I can't remember it all but there was a question about entrepreneurship. What kind of person are they and what are the benefits and disadvantages.

The video clip was about a couple who owned their own bakery business, it wasn't that difficult to get the answers,they were all in the video.

There was a question on your career investigation.
    How can you evaluate it your investigation? (In light of subject choice, interest assessment etc)

Know about Enterprise Ireland and FÁS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It's an easy enough paper so don't worry!
    I can't remember it all but there was a question about entrepreneurship. What kind of person are they and what are the benefits and disadvantages.

The video clip was about a couple who owned their own bakery business, it wasn't that difficult to get the answers,they were all in the video.

There was a question on your career investigation.
    How can you evaluate it your investigation? (In light of subject choice, interest assessment etc)

Know about Enterprise Ireland and FÁS.
    That's exam craft but either way lcvp is really straight forward

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WigglinJelly

Q.1 Iron (II) Sulfate and potassium permanganate exp. define primary standard.. why sulfuric acid is added to flask? procedure for rinsing , colour changes, role of Mn+2 ions... conc. calculations in mol/l and g/l
    Q.2 preparation of ethanal... colour changed... silver mirror test... % yield q... two features of preparation to ensure yield of ethanal is maximised..
    Q.3 decomposition of hydrogen peroxide with manganese oxide catalyst.. draw diagram.. table given.. plot oxygen vs time... use graph to determine q;s... why does rate of reaction get slower towards end..
    Q.4 short ans q's.. pretty easy stuff... sigma and pi bonding... alpha particles... define ram... homogeneous catalyst... mercaptans... oxidation numbers .. conjugate acid and bases.. nitrgen fixation.
    Q.5 Energy levels and newlands contributions to arrangement of elements.. differences between mendeleevs and moseley table
    line emission spectra... define first ionization energy..account FULLY for trends from Li to Ne (second period) ... AND alkaline earth metals.
    Q.6 Heat of combustion q... octane numbers... hydrocarbons.. isooctane and 224 trimethylpentane (0 & 100 ) .. catalytic cracking... isomers of alkenes.. but-1-ene but-2-ene..
    Q.7 le chateliers principles... catalyst used... yield of ammonia... equilibrium..Q.8 acid base- bronsted lowry... define ph... conc. calculation q... ppm and BOD of undiluted stream water..
    Q.9 organic... IUPAC names... additon, subtraction or elimination reactions (identify) ... free radicle mechanism... 3 pieces od experimental evidence to support... reagents and catalysts needed for conversions.. (H+ / Ni ) testing for products formed... Q.10 TEST for nitrate ion in aqueous solution... distinguish between three nitrate salts barium nitrae, potassium nitrae and sodium nitrate... what observations are made?
    what is a catalyst? catalytic converters and element used in them.. (palladium) ... two theories of catalysis.. which occurs in the converter? .. state boyles law... define an ideal gas and one way that steam differs from the behaviour an ideal gas... eq. of state for ideal gas calc. volume in litres of a propanone vapour ... @rtp... ( 24,000 )
    Q.11 formation of nitrogen monoxide... show copper was in excess (eq given)
    @stp... reduction in terms of electron transfer... explain electrolysis.. potassium iodide solution ( anode and cathode ) colour changes... phenolphthalein colour changes... explain greenhouse gas and acidic oxide... 2 ways human activites contribute to additon of co2 to atmosphere..
    identify monomer used to manufacture poly (phenylethene)... what type of polymerisation reaction occurs? draw 2 repeating units of this polymer.. give 2 properties of poly(phenylethene)... give a major use of the polymer that involves the use of this property.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JenniferE12

That's exam craft but either way lcvp is really straight forward

I'm almost positive it was DEBS. All my other papers were DEBS and I think I checked for both barcode which were there...are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I'm almost positive it was DEBS. All my other papers were DEBS and I think I checked for both barcode which were there...are you sure?
    Yup school only uses exam craft ,unless both companies used the same exam

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Killuminati123

Construction HL Examcraft
    1. Suspended timber ground floor drawing
    2. Functional requirements of roof and draw, draw 2 different types of pitched roof and say which one if better in your opinion
    3.3 areas where cold briding can occur, how would you correct them, 2 methods of upgrading thermal properties of an external wall
    4. Functional requirements of below ground drainage system, manholes, test for water-tightness of drainage system
    5. U value cost of heat loss, timber frame wall, how would you prevent moisture reaching insulation from inside building
    6. 3 features of house to reduce environmental impact, discuss renewable, durable, locally sourced in relation to materials
    7. Draw Eaves detail to ridge, timber frame wall and slates
    8. Electrical Sockets
    9. Windows
    10. Mechanical heat recovery and ventilation system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

sib95 wrote: »
    Music HL DEB
    Q.1 tchaikovsky
    Q.2 bach
    Q.3 bohemian rhapsody
    Q.4 barry

Irish essay - harping tradition, 3 irish dance tunes, ceili bands
    Unseen piece, compare to bach

<snip>

MUSIC HL DEB:
    I'd like to point out that though I also compared it to Bach, that afterwards our music teacher told us they were looking for Tchaikovsky. Dirty question, if you ask me. They wanted you to say it's similar to romantic music because of the instruments used. So you might be (accidentally) throwing people off there.

Anyway, I've done it now as well so here's what I remember from the Listening and Composing core papers (no electives, my school does the performance elective) :
    Q1 Tchaikovsky
    They played excerpts from the recapitulation and asked you about them. Included the love theme Part II and the Love theme on the strings. They asked about what came next (in the coda) and how the love theme was used there.

Q2 Bach
    Movement 6, if I remember correctly, asked you mainly about the vocal line in it and a few other small things.

Q3 Queen
    Played the very end of the song, from the last guitar solo to the end. Asked about the use of guitar and different features, and what section it was from.

Q4 Barry
    It was C6, I'm nearly certain. They asked about it, and then what came next (C7, right? I'm not great on Barry). They also asked a general question about the work, just looking for contemporary features.

Q5 Irish Music
    My trad friend got "double jig" for identifying the piece, I wrote jig. Both acceptable as far as I know. There was a Sean Nós piece and then a fusion piece which sounded almost Indian to me. :P The essays I have posted before, but anyway, do one of:

Give an account of the Irish harping tradition
    Discuss the growth of the céilí band tradition during the 20th century
    Write an account of three different tradition Irish dance tunes.
    Discuss the use of ornamentation in Irish traditional instrumental and vocal music

Q6 Aural Skills
    It was "This is the Day" by John Rutter. You might want to look it up (defeats the purpose of unseen music, if you ask me). They asked for features of the vocal lines and accompaniment, and then the trick question which was an absolutely unfair question: Which work from your assigned works is this piece most like in style? - I'd say everyone in the country (including me) wrote Bach and started ****ing on about SATB choir, but apparently they were looking for Tchaikovsky.

For the written paper, one of the melody questions (Q3 I think) was in a minor key (not sure which, didn't do it) and was to be composed in the style of a minuet to a form A,A1,B,A2 (I think). I did Q1 which was the one without a form, it was 3/4 time and in an awkward enough key but it was alright. A lot of rests and stuff.

I did the Backing Chords/Descant question which was 4/4, again in an awkward enough key but if you know your stuff it's not a bother.

One of my keys (for either melody or backing chords) was Eb maj, and I can't for the life of me remember what the other key was! My brain is frazzled.

Hopefully that's enough information anyway. If I missed anything let me know, I might remember, but probably not. I don't want to spread any misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

I don't have it at the minute but I have the examcraft ag science paper if anyone needs it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

Danny180. wrote: »
    Guys can someone tell me what came up on HL HISTORY DEB PAPER...IM SHAGGED.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83015404

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83015657 :)

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Guys can someone tell me what came up on HL HISTORY DEB PAPER...IM SHAGGED.

Here is the Examcraft one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83049795 :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HotChocolate.1

Does anyone know the document question and the dictatoship and democracy q for debs hl please??

History DEB HL:
    The Congo , the impact of the secession of Katanga :)

I've sat the English DEBs paper, and our geography teacher has practically given us the run down on our paper, but I've been checking it on this and it seems to be more like the Examcraft paper. Yet our school say they order the papers in from one particular company. Can anyone confirm if this is DEBs or Examcraft please?

HL Geog
    Limestone
    Tertiary activities of a sub continent
    Plate movement
    EU
    Influence of climate on any 3 aspects of a biome
    Landform development
    Human influence on rocks
    Map of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

AndreaEgan wrote: »
    I've sat the English DEBs paper, and our geography teacher has practically given us the run down on our paper, but I've been checking it on this and it seems to be more like the Examcraft paper. Yet our school say they order the papers in from one particular company. Can anyone confirm if this is DEBs or Examcraft please?

HL Geog
    Limestone
    Tertiary activities of a sub continent
    Plate movement
    EU
    Influence of climate on any 3 aspects of a biome
    Landform development
    Human influence on rocks
    Map of Ireland

DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laurenhealy

Hi can anyone tell me what biology higher level paper has a
    picture of a cell
    in one of the short questions? from looking through this thread im thinking examcraft but just want to be sure? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John94

Hi can anyone tell me what biology higher level paper has a picture of a cell in one of the short questions? from looking through this thread im thinking examcraft but just want to be sure? :)
    DEB

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciara__x

i've sat all my exams except LVCP..
    they were all examcraft, so if anyone needs help on EXAMCRAFT exams of:
    english HL
    irish HL
    maths OL
    geog HL
    home ec HL
    biology HL
    german HL
    let me know. :) i'll try remember as best as i can. i'd rather confirm information you already have kinda gathered from the thread because my exams were over a week ago and i've lost some detail, but if you know something, i'll be more than happy to confirm whether it was from an EXAMCRAFT paper ONLY!
    preferably private mail me so i can get back to you quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John94

Anyone know what came up on Home Economics HL DEB? Searched the thread for awhile and can't seem to find anything..really desperate.any help greatly appreciated :)

Home Economics DEB HL:

Section B:
    structure of lipids and functions cis and trans fatty acids. Long question of osteoporosis and marriage and fungi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

how many
    characteristics did you have to write about?

Geography Examcraft HL:

It wasn't specific, I did
    climate, soil, flora/fauna and human interferance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Biology HL DEB:

Yup.
    The question was about
    identifying which organelle produced enzymes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement