Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

IrishBarbz wrote: »
    Debs for OL Accounting?? In exchange for home ec English Irish and geog

This isn't a swap shop. If you have a paper, post it, especially if you expect others to help you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

can anyone verify if this is the spoiler for HL GEOGRAPHY EXAMCRAFT
    climate question how does climate influence charactoristics of a biome
    Physical : Spoiler: formation of 2 igneous rock + plate tectonics + landform dev
    regional : Spoiler: manufacturing in ireland + compare tertiary in 2 eu regions
    human : Spoiler: urbanisation and 1 advantage + i disadvantage of Yes:

can anyone verify this and add more detail ?

If it's examcraft, the DEB paper is very similar, esp on the
    climate influencing a biome
    question.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Hey this seems to be different to what other people posted? it seems to be a mix of questions between examcraft and deb? Did your teacher select questions from both papers or what?

Everything I posted came directly from the Examcraft paper, I'd post pictures of the paper for proof but we're not allowed ;) I'd imagine there's a fair bit of crossover between the two papers, since they're both supposed to basically predict the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kate95..

HL GEOGRAPHY EXAMCRAFT
    characteristics of a biome as in climate, specialized and camouflaged animals, and vegetation ?

can you add anything else to the regional our physical section ?

HL GEOGRAPHY EXAMCRAFT
    It was just characteristics so write about four of them. There was a karst q too but I didn't do it, umm my physical q was on igneous rocks and a water fall, my regional was manufactoring in ire and compare teiritary activities in europe. And my human was on over population cause and an effect and the affect of urbanisation

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kate95..

FrankLamar wrote: »
    Irish HL:

My teacher told us today that
    Dis
    is NOT coming up on the mocks for HL Irish so am I getting Examcraft or DEB?
    You could be getting exam craft I had it today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 typical username

Cultural Context (70 mark): Compare how power and status held/not held by certainindividuals in at least two texts gives an insight into the cultural context of the texts. Unseen Poem: The Embrace by Mark Doty. Q1: What is the mood of the poem? Explain how it's conveyed. Choose one image that appealed to you, explain your choice. Q2: Personal response, highlight the impact it made on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ciara__x

Irish Examcraft HL:

you're getting examcraft..
    know
    oisin - traits of the bealoidis
    know fil aris and mo ghra sa :)

Can you help me out with OL Math Paper Two?

Maths OL:

we had ours today and
    do you know those diagrams where there's like a tree, well theres a man going uphill and he's standing where his feel are in line with the tree and you have to come up with the angles and length of the lines. assuming the area too, i didn't do that question..

you also have to know how to get the length of the line of a triangle opposite to an angle..

draw circles on a graph.
    construct a graph and construct a scattered diagram.

i'm absolute cronic at maths but i managed it fine with no preparation. only thing that let me down is the graph has quite high and low numbers so just watch your space. and the triangle let me down. i don't know how to get those lengths!!

also how to get the equation of a circle...
    DONT FORGET LOG TABLES! the rest is all manageable and in the log books.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

I got my LCVP case study a few days ago amd it's
    t itled 'Keep It Safe' and is about a man called John O'Shea.
    Can anybody tell me if this is Examcraft or DEB? Thanks :D- Suggested to be DEB by later posters - Mod

Shah95 wrote: »
    Anyone know what long questions came up in biology, looked around but no one has specified!!! Have test 2moz... Thanks

Biology Examcraft:

if it is examcraft then
    know the eye, all about the krebs cycle, hormones FSH etc, they were the ones i found the hardest. i can't remember the other parts, sorry! if you like biology the others should come on grand. :) i'm usually terrible and i got on the finest! best of luck! PS if its examcraft the experiments is the effect of temperature on an enzyme.. immobilised enzymes too. you dont have to know any of the methods, more so WHY you did certain things. like in the immobilised enzymes. why put them into sodium alginate? to trap them in a gel.. why but them in a calcium solution? to harden the beads.. etc.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jebbycakes

Hi, just in the middle of my mocks now.

HL French Examcraft:
    (nice paper, in my opinion. The comprehensions weren't too bad. There's one about The Hunger Games and another about this town in France with a very young population)

Mandatory Q1- The education system in Ireland/Katniss Everdeen showed courage. Talk about a time where you have showed courage

Opinion Questions
    -The environment
    -Dangers of drugs

Diary Entry
    -Your parents won't let you go on holiday by yourself, you argued

Irish OL P1 DEBS:
    Blag:
    -Your favourite place in Ireland
    -The weekend

Sceal:
    You're home alone, your parents are on holidays and you hear a knock on the door but there's no one there.

Litir:
    You cannot go to a concert with your friend. Your parents won't let you because of the exams

Art History HL Examcraft:
    Discuss two gold objects from the late Bronze Age

Picture of the Turoe stone, Iron Age essay

Gallery Visit, discuss resources like catalogs, websites etc. Discuss one exhibition you went to.

Pablo Uccello (the battle of san romano is pictured, just discuss it) but you have to discuss one other painting from this time period (I did tribute money by masaccio)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SCT13

Its examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddy995

Agricultural Science OL DEB:

I only took down few questions from section one.
    Question 2
    Diagram of breathing system.
    Name one disease that affects breathing system of cattle.

That type of organism is the cause of the disease refer in B ( it was Bronchi I think , can't remember) .

Give the function of the parts labelled A and E in the diagram.
    A was Diaphragm
    E was Bronchioles

Question 3

Mach each machine to its function.
    List : Elevator Digger, Rotary Tedder , Combine Drill , Muck Spreader, Rotary mower and Roller.
    Functions :
    EG. Muck spreader - Spreading farm yard manure on grass.
    - Harvesting potatoes
    - Cutting silage
    - Smoothing and firming seed bed
    - Turning Hay
    - Sowing Cereal seeds

Question 5

a) Give the names of two breeds of diary cattle.
    b) State 3 characteristics a farmer should consider when selecting a replacement heifer for a diary herd.
    c) What do terms mastitis and drying off mean in relation to diary cows.

Question 7

a) Name one variety of main crop potato.
    b) What is earthing up.
    c) Give 2 reasons for earthing up.
    d) Name 1 animal pest of potatoes.

In section 2 , Long questions
    I only remember questions like , What are the uses of certified seed and few more simple questions about it. There was a question on pigs , Thats all I remember.

DEBs btw !

Hope that helps someone.

German OL DEB:

Short questions were simple enough but letter was a disaster lol !
    In letter you supposed to write to your friend and tell him that you've won some competition. You supposed to tell him, how did you get into that competition , what you're going to do with the prize, There was few more question about your family , how did they react ( I THINK ! , Cant remember now) . And you supposed to write a suitable ending to it .

That's DEBs.

ciara__x wrote: »
    Maths OL:

we had ours today and
    do you know those diagrams where there's like a tree, well theres a man going uphill and he's standing where his feel are in line with the tree and you have to come up with the angles and length of the lines. assuming the area too, i didn't do that question..

you also have to know how to get the length of the line of a triangle opposite to an angle..

draw circles on a graph.
    construct a graph and construct a scattered diagram.

i'm absolute cronic at maths but i managed it fine with no preparation. only thing that let me down is the graph has quite high and low numbers so just watch your space. and the triangle let me down. i don't know how to get those lengths!!

also how to get the equation of a circle...
    DONT FORGET LOG TABLES! the rest is all manageable and in the log books.

Is that DEB or examcraft ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rebel7

Anyone do a HL Maths paper with
    asymptote
    questions? Barcodes don't match the ones that;re in the first post.

Once I figure out which paper it is I'll post it up!
    Post the paper anyway please. People might recognise de paper then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucy101

mscool wrote: »
    Anyone know the exact question that cam up for a thig na tit orm by maidhc dainin? Iv heard
    social life
    and
    traditional family life?
    Yes that's right !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Trying000

Shah95 wrote: »
    HL Bio Debs !!! Lonq questions, anyone??? Thanks

This isn't some sort of request and you shall get it forum..look for it just like the rest of us..BIO HL DEBS has been posted several times
    You can even use the search thread option or just sear BIOLOGY HL DEBS in boards search engine ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 em07

Examcraft Irish HL:
    Essay Titles: economic crisis - Emigration
    Advantages & disadvantages of Education System

Oisin- Bealoideas
    Mo grasa- poet, effectivness of the brackets on every last line, how its a modern poem
    An trial- the lack of Christianity/ hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 em07

Orla95 wrote: »
    can anyone help im abit confused!!Is
    salphin fanach, mo ghra sa, dis and caca milis
    on examcraft or debs?

Irish Examcraft:
    Mo grasa and oisin
    is exam craft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Orla95 wrote: »
    can anyone help im abit confused!!Is
    salphin fanach, mo ghra sa, dis and caca milis
    on examcraft or debs?

So far, you have posted 17 requests on a thread that specifically states DO NOT POST REQUESTS. What's more, all of your requests have been answered on previous pages, you just need to search for them.

Warning given to Orla95. If you continue to ignore mod instructions, you will be banned for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Does anyone have Economics..DEB. I have posted German DEB...please am soooo desperate!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82986931

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L3v1athan

HL DEBS engineering
    Know about Igor Sikorsky (Sikorsky helicopters), difference between crystalline and amorphous structures. Thermal equilibrium diagram and label. Proof stress and UTS. Compare addition polymerisation against condensation polymerisation. MIG, TIG and SAW welding come up. Describe the transformer and rectifier. Safety features for oxy-acethylene welding i.e. colour coding of hoses and cylinders. Compare working envelope with degree of freedom in robots. Compare resistance spot welding against resistance seam welding (diagrams come up, identify them and explain)

I apologise for the spoilers being vague it's been a while since I sat the exam.

Good luck:)

Can you please tell me what's in Engineering if it's HL? It hasn't been posted by anyone yet, thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83057886

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AT123789

Kerriann95 wrote: »
    Art History DEB HL:

I'm looking for this too and so far all I've been told is
    newgrange Bronze Age , and Masaccio :/
    I don't know if its a bit late but Giotto is on it with his work 'The deposition'.
    Discuss the work of Michelangelo and the treatment of the human figure in one named painting by him. Discuss his contribution to High Renaissance.
    Johannes Vermeer (1632-75) 'Woman Writing a letter, with Her Maid' and also discuss another artist and his work from the same period (17th century)

Auguste Renoir and Edgar Degas both come in one question. Explain what is Impressionism and refer to the subject matter and style of work of both artists and name and briefly discuss another painting by another impressionist artist.

Work by Lorenzo Bernini.
    Self portrait comes in Q13- You can do Van Gogh for this if you want. And discuss another piece of work by him too.

I hope this helped :) If you have trouble reading/ understanding this then let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AT123789

Leahxo wrote: »
    Biology Examcraft HL:

That's DEB. I sat Examcraft (HL) and
    Blood, Structure of flowering plant and the Brain
    were not on my paper. :)

Some papers are different. There's a difficult biology mock paper and an easier biology mock paper. The teachers pick which one you get :/ So some of the questions might be different and wouldn't have came on your mock exam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

HL Examcraft Maths Paper 2:
    These are NOT in the correct order as I had to hand up the exam at the end but the details are 100% correct and for the most part coincide with previous examcraft maths spoilers ;

Trigonometry : Find the centroid of a triangle + the values of Cosx = 1/2 between 0<x<360 OR (yes, there was a choice) Prove that in similar triangles the ratios of the lengths of their corresponding sides are equal. A question on two planets, venus and earth, in an orbit around the sun, and the ratio of one orbit wrt another.
    A question on Snell's Window came up also, ask your favourite physics buddy about that.

Geometry : Find the precise nature of a triangle given three points using the tan slope angle formula and then find it's area

Volume/Area : One tap fills a cylindrical container in 3 minutes while the other fills it in 15, find the time it takes both of them when working together to fill said container. A cylinder of volume 100~ is given to you and you are asked to calculate radius and height based on some restrictions given in the question (something like h = 3r?). Finally, a square based container is used to stack 32 of these identical containers. Find the surface area of the container.

A cone question came up on the snells window too

Probability : Very straightforward marbles question in which the probability of pulling a white marble was n/ total and you were given the probability of drawing two without replacement. No binomial stuff, simple stuff like 20% of oranges are bad what are the chances of getting 5 bad oranges followed by what are the chances that at least one is bad.

Statistics : I havn't done much of this so I can't say for certain, but a lot came up on central tendencies (wish I knew what they - were might have got an A ;~;), drawing graphs, judging graphs, commenting on structure and figures, some junior cert business about workforce, stratified sampling (+ an example)

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AlexTom

Had English paper 1 today and one of the Composing was a
    ghost story
    , Can someone confirm if that's DEB or Examcraft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Whole HL DEB Business paper:
    Short Q's
    1. Illustrate your understanding of limited liability
    2. Distinguish between P21 and P60
    3. Difference between average clause and insurable interest
    4. Distinguish between Rights commissioner and Data Protection Commissioner
    6. Define Indigenous firm and give 2 benefits to the Irish economy
    7. Draft and label a functional organisation chart for short to medium-sized business. Outline two benefits of this organisation structure.
    8. Define intrapreneurship and give two benefits to a business.
    9. Distinguish between capacity to contract and consideration
    10. Illustrate your understanding of invisible exports with reference to the irish economy + calculate Balance of Trade and Balance of Payments

ABQ

(A) Evaluate how the elements of the marketing mix have contributed to the success of Emerald Foods Ltd.
    (B)(i) Explain the term "business ethics".
    (ii) Discuss the social responsibilites of Emerald Foods Ltd.
    (C) Outline challenges and opportunities that Emerald Foods Ltd faces while expanding into the global marketplace.

Long Questions
    Part 1

Q1. (A) Outline, using examples, the role of interest groups in the business world.
    (B)i) Describe the rights of consumers under the terms of the Sale of Goods & Supply of Services Act 1980
    (ii) Outline two forms of redress
    C)i) Explain employment discrimination as set out in Employment Equality Act 1998
    (ii) Evaluate the effectiveness of the act in protecting against discrimination in the workplace

Q2.(A) Discuss the benefits and risks of the privatisation of commercial state enterprises.
    (B) Discuss how the Irish govt. could encourage enterprise and employment growth in Ireland.
    (C) Describe the steps involved in the formation of a Private Limited Company

3.)(A)i) Explain the term open economy in relation to Ireland.
    (ii) Describe the opportunities for Irish business in the EU marketplace
    (B) Outline the benefits of membership of the euro currency for Ireland.
    (C) Evaluate two of the following:
    Common Fisheries Policy
    Competition Policy
    Common Agricultural Policy

Part 2
    Q4.)(A) Outline two types of management control that are essential for a business to operate effectively.
    (B) Outline the strtegies that a business can use to successfully manage change.
    (C) Discuss the importance of effective communication between key stakeholders in a business, providing examples.

Q5.)(A) Discuss functions of Human resource manager under the following headlings:
    Performance appraisal
    Training and development
    Recruitment selection
    (B) Describe the benefits to a business of adopting a Theory Y apporach to managing.
    (C)(i) Calculate:
    Return on investment
    Current ratio
    Acid test ratio
    Debt/Equity ratio
    (ii) Analyse the significant trends over past two years for Investors and Suppliers

Q6.(A)Discuss the benefits and risks for Peter of joining a franchise chain.
    (B) Discuss the factors that should be considered by the bank before approving a business loan.
    (C) Outline 4 important developments in ICT that have impacted on business.

Q7.(A) Evaluate the importance of market research when launching a product.
    (B) As part of its feasibility study for the new product illustrate by means of a break even chart the following:
    Break even point
    Profit at forecast output
    Margin of Safety at forecast output
    (C) Compare equity capital and debt capital as sources of finance for a business expansion.

You must answer 1 question from part 1 and 2 questions from part 2, and choose one other question from either

That's literally everything on the paper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement