Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clarinsmc00

rosie95 wrote: »
    what are the q's on the portry and stories for p2 in irish? :)

Irish Paper 2:
    caca milis summary.
    how does the women feel in dis.
    colscaradh, what does the man want, women want, how do u k ow they were inlove, do you like this poem, explain two emotions.
    spailpin fanach, two images and do you like this poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Orla95

caca milis summary.
    how does the women feel in dis.
    colscaradh, what does the man want, women want, how do u k ow they were inlove, do you like this poem, explain two emotions.
    spailpin fanach, two images and do you like this poem.

Is this examcraft ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oOG3RRYOo

anyone know if the geography paper with the question on
    soils for geocology
    is examcraft or debs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Can anyone confirm that the Irish ExamCraft aural
    had a section about peat bogs and young people being drunk?

And could you also confirm
    that the education system came up on P1?

Confirmed by later posters to be Examcraft - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Riordan17

Music:
    bach is chorale and theres def minor something!

Music:
    Minor harmony melody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

Shah95 wrote: »
    Need info on HL bio Debs... Plz!

SEAAAAAAAAAAARCCCCCHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

EXAMCRAFT HL MATHS PAPER 2:

haven't seen it posted yet.
    it's pretty manageable compared to paper one, I didn't look at the proof but the construction is the centre of gravity or circumcentre of a triangle.
    Lots of probability, there was a page long written answer on your opinion on a survey! I found there was a lot of writing that I assume is easily enough to mark on. Be able to define and give an example of stratified random sampling.
    If the probability of getting 2 white marbles from a bag is 1/51 how many marbles are in the bag?
    There's a full 25 mark question on the circle where they give you the radius and centre and you have to find 2 circle equations.
    There was an area question, two taps fill a beaker, find out how long they would fill the beaker together etc.
    I can't tell too much about the trig as we haven't it covered in class but I attempted it - q8 was about the angles between planets and the distance between them. And q9 was about being able to see a cone of light from below water. Unsure about those two.
    Hope this helps in some way and you do better than I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Riordan17

Free2be wrote: »

Irish DEB HL:
    The essays were
    special Olympics and society today
    can't really remember what else :)

Irish DEB HL:
    Something about
    women in today's society
    too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Rebel7 wrote: »
    Anyone have spoilers for Hl Deb maths paper 1?
    Does anyone have the actual questions that are coming up for debs maths paper one would be grateful :)

Search results for maths: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056848375&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=maths

Look through them, I'm sure you'll find something there.
    jdawg wrote: »
    does anybody know whats coming up in the DEB physics OL
    Can someone please help me with DEB HL physics paper? Thanks
    Does anyone know what's coming up on exam craft hl physics?

Search results for physics: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056848375&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=physics
    Xshannymcx wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know the question for HL DEBS geography.. Option6: Global interdependence ?
    Geography HL deb please :)

Search results for geography: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056848375&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=geography
    Riordan17 wrote: »
    Anybody know what's on Irish paper 2 HL LC DEB?
    woopah92 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the Irish ExamCraft aural
    had a section about peat bogs and young people being drunk?

And could you also confirm
    that the education system came up on P1?
    Orla95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the storys and poems are in OL irish examcraft p2?
    rosie95 wrote: »
    what are the q's on the portry and stories for p2 in irish? :)

Search results for Irish: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056848375&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=irish
    Home Ec Examcraft??

Search results for Home ec: http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056848375&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=home+ec

You might notice that a lot of the results that you have to look through are other people asking for spoilers for that subject. This is why we delete your requests, to make it easier for you to search the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

amoran95 wrote: »
    Do you buy any chance remember what other essay topics came up in Pursuit of Sovereignty ? :) Cheers

Couldn't tell you to be honest sorry, barely started into that book so only scanned the questions for one I could do.
    The Eucharistic Congress
    didn't come up though.

Best of Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 TrionaaC

Examcraft HL Chemistry
    1.Standerdising potassium permanganate-with calculation (easy)
    2.Ethanal- calculation on % yield.
    3. maganese oxide and hydrogen peroxide.- draw apparatus used, graph,insantaneous rate.

Q4.bits of everything. Define realtive atomic mass,homogenous catalysis,conjugate acid and base,secondary sewage treatment,sigma and pi bonding,mercaptens.
    Q5. energy level,medeleev and mosley,Line emissoin spectra,ionisation energy,trends in periodic table accross and down.
    O6. Heat of combusion, Calculate heat of formation,Octane number,catalytic cracking.
    Q7.Le Chateliers principal,stuff on chemical equilibrium (have not done it yet so i dont understand alot of it)
    Q.8. Bronsted Lowry acid and base theory, pH calculation,BOD, Bod calculation.
    Q9.systmatic IUPAC names, Addition,substitution and elimination reactions, 3 pieces of experimental evidance of free radical mechanism.
    Q10. Flame test, Nitrate Ions test,Catalys,two theories of catalysis, Boyles law, Ideal Gas, PV=nRT calculation.
    Q11.Someother calculations (we havent done them yet so i dont know what they are), electrolysis, anf then the option.

Hope this helps some of ye. I wasnt really prepared at all for it but it wasnt that bad :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mscool

LC2013A wrote: »
    anyone have anything on HL EXAMCRAFT CHEMISTRY PLEAAAAAASE Don't delete this post!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83049980

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82947267

• Registered Users Posts: 6 minniemouse95

Trevor94 wrote: »
    Chemistry Examcraft HL:

Thank you!
    Can you tell me what the
    rates
    questions was?

Chemistry Examcraft HL:
    hydrogen peroxide

LC2013A wrote: »
    anyone have anything on HL EXAMCRAFT CHEMISTRY PLEAAAAAASE Don't delete this post!

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE do a search next time:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83049980
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82972114
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82947267

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EllieM95

Home Ec DEB HL:
    short question know the structure of an amino acid, difference between a soup and a broth, how a blender thingy works, 3 property's of thiamine, micro organisms in cheese yoghurt and bread, something to do with the environment and then how you would protected, ect
    Q1. Comparing cereals on there nutrent value, lipid structure functions ect, why Irish people are malnourished
    Q2. Osteoporosis definition a meal plan causes symptoms and how you would go about preventing it (really nice question)
    Q5. Marriage, two cultural differences, what is nessisary to get married and devorice mediation ect
    Q3(elective) work and how it's change, law used to protect worker ect
    Q3.(C) poverty discuse poverty in Ireland why people are in poverty ect
    it's a good paper the questions are pretty straight forward hope this helped :) pm if you have more specific questions!

EllieM95 wrote: »
    DEB HL chemistry anyone? Please!?

Have you searched the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Killuminati123

Can someone PLEASE tell me about the Journal Intime for French HL EXAMCRAFT I've been giving loads of spoilers so will someone please help me now :( I know it has something to do with
    an angry reaction to parents but will someone tel me EXACTLY what we've to write about??Have it tomorrow so anytime like right now would be greatly appreciated!

French HL Examcraft:
    Your parents want you to be with them all the time (at dinner and for family holidays) and you want more freedom.. thats basically it..
    and bdw the comprehensions are pretty easy.. one is on
    the hunger games so if youve seen that youre sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 skytalker

Hey guys, got a few tips from teachers hope this helps :

(my mocks company is examcraft ( I THINK !! 75% sure ))

Physics Examcraft HL:
    Experiments : Gravity free fall, Vapourisation of Steam, Speed of sound (tube/frequency) Current (resistivity)

Other : Half life (radioactivity), Refraction/Reflection Circular Motion + SHM

Maths Examcraft p1 HL:
    Diffrentiation, Complex numbers, the line , the circle

Hope this helps.. <no requests>

that's DEB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Economics DEB HL.... PLEASE I AM DESPERATE!

Post some of the papers you claim to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Here is most of the history paper:
    Document: Katanga - Q4 What was the impact of the Secession of Katanga

Movements for politicals and social reform, 1870-1914
    1. To what extent did the 1885/86 elections demonstrate the rise of the Home Rule Party.
    2. How important a role did one or more of the following play in Irish affairs: the Suffrage Movement, the First Sinn Fein Party, the Irish Volunteers?
    3. What role did Jim Larkin and/or James Connolly play in the 1913 strike and lockout?
    4. How successful was the land movement in bringing about the change in Irish society?

The pursuit of sovereignty and the impact of partition, 1912-1949
    1. What role did one or more of the following play in the struggle for irish independence: Patrick Pearse, Michael Collins, Countess Markievicz?
    2. What kind of difficulties did the Irish delegation face during and after the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations?
    3. How successfully did Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail deal with social and economic difficulties during the years 1922-39?
    4. How did World War II impact on Ireland North and/or South

Politics and society in Northern Ireland, 1949-93
    1. What were the circumstances that led to the signing of the Sunningdale Agreement and the establishment of a power-sharing executive 1973-74.
    2. To what extent did the introduction of the welfare state in Northern Ireland during the 1950s bring lasting changes to the lives of the people?
    3. What was the effect of the Troubles on culture and economy in Northern Ireland?
    4. What role did the Apprentice Boys of Derry play in the affairs of Northern Ireland 1949-93

Dictatorship and democracy in Europe, 1920-1945
    1. Why did fascism become such a strong force in Europe duringthe inter-war years?
    2. To what extent did Hitler and/or Mussolini use propaganda to strengthen their regime?
    3. What were the main economic developments that took place in Soviet Union during the years 1920-1941?
    4. How did Anglo-American popular culture develop during peace and war 1920-1945?

The United States and the World, 1945-89
    1. How did the Vietnam War impact on American social and political life?
    2. What were the main developments that took place in American foreign policy during the years 1973-89?
    3. What did you learn about the history of the United States from your study of one of more of the following: The "Organization Man", Betty Friedan, Billy Graham?
    4. What were the main developments that took place in one or more of the following: military, space and information technology?
    Ireland: Topic 6
    Government, economy and society in the Republic of Ireland, 1949-1989

Govt. economy and society in the republic of Ireland 1949-89
    1. How successful were the Lemass years 1959-1966?
    2. What was the impact of the EEC on Irish affairs?
    3. What were the strengths and weaknesses of Garret Fitzgerald as a political leader?
    4. What impact did the second Vatican Council and/or RTE have on Irish society?

I think that covers most people, if anything else is needed let me know and I'll post more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mscool

Agricultural Science HL:

Examcraft
    Not too bad a paper a few sticky bits but we'll get over it !
    1.short qs
    products of digestion, bread mould, plathyhelminthes insect lifecycly, dental formula for pig and cow, biodiversity+ biennials, clover-family and adv.

Option q
    know a named cereal crop under headings such as soil type, yield etc, diet of ruminant, pig breeds+more stuff on pigs, temperorary leys

Exps
    action of animal enzyme, butterfat content of mile, % organic matter in soil
    contrast silage and hay, silage effluent, method to measure %sugar in sample of grass, ways of determining silage quality by observation, haylage
    labelled diagram of reproductive system of cow, freemartin and reproductive efficiency, herbicides, leader follower grazing, ways to reduce calf mortality, compare bulky feeds and concentrates
    note on sexed semen and advantages, carbon cycle, basin and blanket peat, hermaphrodite and heterotrophic, osmosis and diffusion, mixed and zero grazing

Scientific Explanations
    feeding of maize to dairy cows, spreading lime on bonham pads, dipping of sheep, absorption of water by root hairs of plants, pasteurisation of milk

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

spurious wrote: »

Post some of the papers you claim to have.

German DEB:
    Date: 04/02/2013 19:31
    Hey one of the comprehensions was about a girl whose mother left her and the other was about internet safety... The ausserungs were both on internet usage... There was a picture of 4 teens sitting at a laptop and you were asked to describe the picture and the then write a few lines about your own internet usage and then you were asked if you think that social network awareness should be a class on the time table. I didnt do the letter but it was something like do ye have a lottery in ireland and what would you do if you won and then something about the environment. The question b that I did instead of the letter was a pictiure of a parade and everyone was dressed like clowns and it was a Karneval parade and you were asked whats your biggest national holiday, how do ye celebrate it and is it fun and when does it take place(i wrote aboit paddys day) then it asked about the role german played in your future plans and why you did german and then it aked about how irish people can learn from the experiences of immigrants and how has our society got richer due to the variety of different cultures... There was one or two more questions on the last section but ill pm u if I think of them... Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lemonsunrise

Anyone do a HL Maths paper with
    asymptote
    questions? Barcodes don't match the ones that;re in the first post.

Once I figure out which paper it is I'll post it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

kayleigh01 wrote: »

Did this today and it was DEB, not Examcraft!

Hey im not sure but this is the listening I did and this user said its examcraft? German Examcraft Aural:

Right, just got the german aural done. The least we deserve is some feedback on what came up in your mocks.

German DEB:
    (spoiler) the first question is an interview of someone who moved to german. from what i can hear she is from utopia. it is the easiest questions out of all the others. i don't think you will need help.

the phone call is to a person named Kayser. the problem is that he won the lottery or some competition but there was some problem with his bank account. one of the emotion verbs it asks you to write at the end is unglaublich and complicated.

the next question is between a 2 students. they are talking about what to do after the leaving cert. he is neutral or some verb saying not happy *answer c.the thing he planned was to go to Italy and eat in italian restaurants and go to the disco.

the last one was the most difficult (in my opinion) *the news. the first one was why do the boys not cooperate in school. (i guessed!) and it also asked you what percentage of girls did something something (the answer is 58%) the next one was about a crash (a bus and a car). no one was injured but one of them was shocked. the next question asked you to describe 2 people (they were 18 and 23 years old and from berlin). and the other part of it was why the police arrested them (they stole cars and one of them had no driving license) the weather was about (rain, shower, strong wind) and for 2morrow (rain and a word (wessen) i

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Irish DEB OL:

Could anyone verify this is exactly whats coming up for IRISH OL DEBS p2? Please add to it if not.
    Caca Milis -> summary
    Dís -> how does the woman feel.

Spailpin fanach
    (ii) was luaigh da iomha + dean cur sios i dfhocail fein.
    (iii) ar thaitin an dan seo leat?

Colscaradh. What does the women wan, what does the man want. How do you know they were in love once and 2 feelings .
    (ii) luaigh dha mhotuchan ata sa dan
    (iii) an maith leat an dan seo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 muntermocks

hi lads listen to spurious because there are way too many unneeded requests and spoiler post....i mean im pretty sure that every thing for irish english and maths have been covered...this tread is too cluttered ...btw there is nothing on applied maths ...i will do a spoiler on fri after the test but one before then would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leaving cert 20132

FrankLamar wrote: »
    My teacher told us today that
    Dis
    is NOT coming up on the mocks for HL Irish so am I getting Examcraft or DEB?

Irish HL:

deb

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adrianrrr1994

Denis322 wrote: »
    Here is most of the history paper:
    Document: Katanga - Q4 What was the impact of the Secession of Katanga

Movements for politicals and social reform, 1870-1914
    1. To what extent did the 1885/86 elections demonstrate the rise of the Home Rule Party.
    2. How important a role did one or more of the following play in Irish affairs: the Suffrage Movement, the First Sinn Fein Party, the Irish Volunteers?
    3. What role did Jim Larkin and/or James Connolly play in the 1913 strike and lockout?
    4. How successful was the land movement in bringing about the change in Irish society?

The pursuit of sovereignty and the impact of partition, 1912-1949
    1. What role did one or more of the following play in the struggle for irish independence: Patrick Pearse, Michael Collins, Countess Markievicz?
    2. What kind of difficulties did the Irish delegation face during and after the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations?
    3. How successfully did Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail deal with social and economic difficulties during the years 1922-39?
    4. How did World War II impact on Ireland North and/or South

Politics and society in Northern Ireland, 1949-93
    1. What were the circumstances that led to the signing of the Sunningdale Agreement and the establishment of a power-sharing executive 1973-74.
    2. To what extent did the introduction of the welfare state in Northern Ireland during the 1950s bring lasting changes to the lives of the people?
    3. What was the effect of the Troubles on culture and economy in Northern Ireland?
    4. What role did the Apprentice Boys of Derry play in the affairs of Northern Ireland 1949-93

Dictatorship and democracy in Europe, 1920-1945
    1. Why did fascism become such a strong force in Europe duringthe inter-war years?
    2. To what extent did Hitler and/or Mussolini use propaganda to strengthen their regime?
    3. What were the main economic developments that took place in Soviet Union during the years 1920-1941?
    4. How did Anglo-American popular culture develop during peace and war 1920-1945?

The United States and the World, 1945-89
    1. How did the Vietnam War impact on American social and political life?
    2. What were the main developments that took place in American foreign policy during the years 1973-89?
    3. What did you learn about the history of the United States from your study of one of more of the following: The "Organization Man", Betty Friedan, Billy Graham?
    4. What were the main developments that took place in one or more of the following: military, space and information technology?

I think that covers most people, if anything else is needed let me know and I'll post more.

Hey this seems to be different to what other people posted? it seems to be a mix of questions between examcraft and deb? Did your teacher select questions from both papers or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 leaving cert is fun

can anyone verify if this is the spoiler for HL GEOGRAPHY EXAMCRAFT
    climate question how does climate influence charactoristics of a biome
    Physical : Spoiler: formation of 2 igneous rock + plate tectonics + landform dev
    regional : Spoiler: manufacturing in ireland + compare tertiary in 2 eu regions
    human : Spoiler: urbanisation and 1 advantage + i disadvantage of Yes:

can anyone verify this and add more detail ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kate95..

can anyone verify if this is the spoiler for HL GEOGRAPHY EXAMCRAFT
    climate question how does climate influence charactoristics of a biome
    Physical : Spoiler: formation of 2 igneous rock + plate tectonics + landform dev
    regional : Spoiler: manufacturing in ireland + compare tertiary in 2 eu regions
    human : Spoiler: urbanisation and 1 advantage + i disadvantage of Yes:

can anyone verify this and add more detail ?

HL GEOGRAPHY EXAMCRAFT
    Biome is characteristics, the rest is correct

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement