Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamie c

AoifeAoife wrote: »

Irish DEB:
    Caca and geibheann
    is deb.

Spoilers please!!!
    Is this for the litriocht breise or the part a?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kerriann95

English DEB:

Can anyone confirm for me that on the deb English paper 2 the question
    "lady Macbeth is a much more ruthless character than her husband, Macbeth"
    comes up ? I have it tomorrow and It was posted earlier but the type of mock paper wasn't posted with it ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aoife6466

English:

Single text Gatsby question
    Fitzgerald captures the essence of the jazz age and probes the empty heart of the american dream in his novel the great gatsby, write a response to this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text. OR Jay gatsby has literally created his own character in his relentless quest for daisy's love, do you agree with this view? support your answer with suitable reference to fitzgerald's novel, the great gatsby

Is that the one you wanted or did you want the comparitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aoife6466

Kerriann95 wrote: »
    comes up ? I have it tomorrow and It was posted earlier but the type of mock paper wasn't posted with it ? Thanks :)

English DEB Paper 2:

Yes that comes up on DEB i have it infront of me now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Kerriann95 wrote: »

Yes that's it, Did that question myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Stud123

Eco....how will the government prepare infrastructure for increase in population?
    Don't know how to answer... It's coming up anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

you dont remeber what theorem was on it do you? thanks a mil

I didnt do the theorem so I dont remember lol sorry but its a choice you either do the construction question or the theorem

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ladyeire101

NO CAN YOU SEND AGAIN PLEASE?

Technology HL:

we got these few hints from my teacher, not much but its better than nothing I suppose....
    Short q's core-
    Work break down structures
    Know about CAD (i think you have to know like the advantages of it such as you can email, print etc)
    Mechanical Advantages
    Manufacturing Systems

Then for I.T (which he described as very hard)
    Know how to label a diagram of a hard disk in the computer, you will probably have to go onto google images for that)

Then for materials he told us-
    Know testing materials, know in detail i suppose the izod test and that crap
    know definitions, you need to know the definiton of creep- "elongation of a material due to a certain level of stress/tension (thats the definition we got)

and know a plainer or planer is used to make something thiner
    disadvantages of steel
    know internal structure of termal and internal plastic

Im not sure if you will get the same paper though, i havent done the test he just told us these :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

emmaj7 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone have Maths paper 2, OL, examcraft done, or art history DEB/Examcraft?
    i can offer spoilers for
    • home ec deb,
    • ag science deb,
    • german exam and aural deb,
    • biology DEB,
    • geography examcraft and
    • maths paper 2 deb OL.

Help is much appreciated :)

Post your spoilers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adrianrrr1994

Biology:

Did anyone get
    yeast experiment
    on their biology exam? I think thats the one we are gettin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

pandaface wrote: »
    does anybody know whats coming up in irish ordinary level, examcraft?
    i have done maths o, english o and chemistry h if anyone is looking for spoilers.

Post the spoilers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionagotbored

Maths Paper 1: - (suggested to be Examcraft - Mod)

Anyone wanna tell me if this is Examcraft or Debs for maths Paper I? (Haven't done it yet, teacher just gave us layout today)
    q1 Algebra
    Q2. Sequences and series + Algebra
    Q3. Complex Numbers
    Q4. Sequences and Series + Induction
    Q5. Area and Volume
    Q6. Arithmetic
    Q7. Differentiation
    q8. Integration

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pandaface

i have not done paper 2 maths yet, sorry. the following are all EXAMCRAFT

english ol examcraft:
    poems:child,badger,one of the sonnets by shakespeare and jungian something
    comparitve: has social setting influenced a characters behaviour and how?
    unseen poem: night journey
    comprehension: katie taylor, nelson mandella, the hunger games
    functional writing: 1. Imagine you are asuccesful sports person. Write out the talk you would give to the pupils of your old school outlining the reasons for your success.
    2. Write a report for your school website on an even in your school such as a play, musical, concert, debate or sporting event.
    3. Write a letter to your local council or local politican about an issue that you feel strongly about.

Chemistry Examcraft HL:
    boyles law, equilibrium, decomposition of peroxide (write out exp) , iron exp (you wont be asked to write out exp btw, calculations) , greenhouse gases, one short q on secondary sewage, distinguishe pi and stigma bonding,

Maths Examcraft OL:
    calc aer (arithmetic), first principles, differentiation, arithmetic sequence

Irish Examcraft OL:
    Email: You are on Holiday with youth club write an email to your uncle or auntie telling him/her about the journey and how you spend your time during the journey
    Story:
    You're parent are away on holiday you are alone in the house you called your friend Sean......
    Blog/Account:
    A concert you like to go to
    A summer job you have
    (i think) Christmas in your house

Biology Examcraft HL:
    The eye,growth regulator experiment, digestion, respiration,genetics,

goodluck, i hope you all do better than me, aha!

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sarah137

Maths paper 2; examcraft OL
    probability , statistics , co ordinate geometry the line and the circle, area and vol.
    that's all I know cause we didn't do the rest in school yet so I duno what chapters they're from

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emmaj7

Daisaaay wrote: »
    DEB OL Maths paper 2 please I'm screwed!

Maths DEB OL Paper 2:
    know how to draw a 60 degree angle for constructions.
    vol/area of a cylinder
    difference between axiom and theorem.
    graph where you can include 3 pieces of information
    probability (factorial etc)
    cosine rule

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Can anyone tell me the poem/questions that came up on Unseen Poetry for HL Debs English Paper 2. I know I'm not really allowed to ask so here's a peace-offering to the mods!

HL Debs History (the topics I do), excuse the lack of punctuation, I'm just pasting what was sent to me.
    Main issues outcomes 1885,1886 elections! Land reform and its outcomes, 1913 lockout and cultural nationalism with Hyde and or Yeats! Democracy was internal policies of Stalin and muss! How successful Britain and or Germany in dealing with economic social problems during inter war years! Technology of warfare! And the Nuremberg rallies!
    The case study was how did the issue of race relations express itself publicly! Main contributions of both delegations Anglo Irish treaty.:: reasons for 1916 and its political impact..: economic policies of c na Gael and Fianna Fáil... Cultural developments in ire north and south! They're the sovereignity

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emmaj7

Maths DEB OL Paper 2:
    Thank you! Sorry to ask but
    did a theorem come up and was there any particular definitions besides the axiom and theorem
    :)?

Maths DEB OL Paper 2:
    theorems are Q6 b) right? i didnt go near it. i just remember it asked asked
    'prove abc angle equal to bcd angle' no other definitions after that
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

cmc291294 wrote: »
    Whats on the whole Geog exam craft and Ill give u the whole of maths paper 2?
    Theorem for maths OL paper 2 DEB? I have spoilers for maths paper 1 and home ec.
    an trial and home ec deb? anyone had p2 english today if that helps
    emmaj7 wrote: »
    maths paper 2 examcraft pleaseeee? :( private message me for spoilers i can offer on - maths deb paper 2, home ec, ag science, german aural, all deb
    i can offer bits of really helpful info for geog examcraft, german deb

Post what you have and others will be more likely to help you.
    Lownce wrote: »
    Where is the 'Search this thread' button?? I'm looking for chemistry??

Instructions are in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 RepeatToWin

okay sorry i'm late posting this but i said i would so here it is... sat this today so there is no mistake this is the paper!
    for the first comprehension in q6a they ask you for an example of the modh conniollach and 2 adjectives in the uimhir uatha (so know what these are)

in the 2nd comprehension they ask you for the briathar saor san aimsir chaite and an ainmfhocal baininscneach sa ghinideach uatha (so know what that is too)

Now im only gonna put up the questions on what i did or ill be here all night but if you want them ask and ill put them up
    PROS; CACA MILIS
    "Ta an oiread sin codarsnachtai idir an bhean agus an fear ar casadh ar a cheile iad ar an traein sa ghearrscannan Caca Milis go bhfuil cinniunint thubaisteach an fhir geall le bheith dosheachanta"
    Dean ple gairid ar an raiteas sin.

FILIOCHT: GEIBHEANN
    (i) "Is i an chodarsnacht idir an da phictiur a chuirtear romhainn de shaol an ainmhi seo is bun cuid mhaith le heifeacht an dain seo"
    Dean ple gairid ar an raiteas sin maidir leis an dan Geibheann

(ii) Cad e an mothu is treise, dar leat, ata le brath sa dan seo?

(iii) Scriobh nota gairid ar shaol agus ar shaothar an fhile seo

LITRIOCHT BHREISE: AN TRIAIL
    "Drama ina gcuirtear ceisteann crua faoi shaol na hEireann ins na seascaidi e An Triail"
    Dean ple ar an raitis sin i gcas dha cheann de na ceisteanna crua sin.

Hope this helps and ye do better than i did today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisaaay

okay sorry i'm late posting this but i said i would so here it is... sat this today so there is no mistake this is the paper!
    for the first comprehension in q6a they ask you for an example of the modh conniollach and 2 adjectives in the uimhir uatha (so know what these are)

in the 2nd comprehension they ask you for the briathar saor san aimsir chaite and an ainmfhocal baininscneach sa ghinideach uatha (so know what that is too)

Now im only gonna put up the questions on what i did or ill be here all night but if you want them ask and ill put them up
    PROS; CACA MILIS
    "Ta an oiread sin codarsnachtai idir an bhean agus an fear ar casadh ar a cheile iad ar an traein sa ghearrscannan Caca Milis go bhfuil cinniunint thubaisteach an fhir geall le bheith dosheachanta"

(i) "Is i an chodarsnacht idir an da phictiur a chuirtear romhainn de shaol an ainmhi seo is bun cuid mhaith le heifeacht an dain seo"

"Drama ina gcuirtear ceisteann crua faoi shaol na hEireann ins na seascaidi e An Triail"

Is this DEB :)? And did
    fill arís and lasair at choille
    come up :)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 monkeymadness

deb hl english p2:
    macbeth- noble kingship vs. brutal tyranny
    comparative- cultural context + social interaction, theme / issue
    plath- how her emotions are thought provoking and explain how she expresses her themes
    bishop, mahon and wordsworth also came up. that's all i remember and i handed up my paper.

<no requests>

Is this DEB :)? And did
    fill arís and lasair at choille come up
    :)?

Irish DEB HL:

It says at the top its DEB? Why would i make that up?
    Yeah they did,
    AN LASAIR CHOILLE
    Maidir leis an drama, An Lasair Choille, dean ple gairid ar an bpairt ata ag Seamas sa drama sin

DANTA BREISE-FILL ARIS
    (i) Cad e priomtheama an dain Fill Aris, dar leat?
    Dean ple ar an gcaoi a leiritear an phriomtheama sin.

(ii) An bhfuil i gceist na linte seo a mhiniu:
    "Is chifir thiar ag bun na speire ag rathaiocht ann
    An Uimhir Dhe, is an Modh Foshuiteach,
    Is an tuiseal gairmeach ar bhealaibh daoine:"

(iii) Cen mothu is mo a mhuscail an dan seo ionat fein? (is leor dha phointe eolais)

Hope it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LessStress

pandaface wrote: »
    i have not done paper 2 maths yet, sorry. the following are all EXAMCRAFT

english ol examcraft:
    poems:child,badger,one of the sonnets by shakespeare and jungian something
    comparitve: has social setting influenced a characters behaviour and how?
    unseen poem: night journey
    comprehension: katie taylor, nelson mandella, the hunger games
    functional writing: 1. Imagine you are asuccesful sports person. Write out the talk you would give to the pupils of your old school outlining the reasons for your success.
    2. Write a report for your school website on an even in your school such as a play, musical, concert, debate or sporting event.
    3. Write a letter to your local council or local politican about an issue that you feel strongly about.

Chemistry Examcraft HL:
    boyles law, equilibrium, decomposition of peroxide (write out exp) , iron exp (you wont be asked to write out exp btw, calculations) , greenhouse gases, one short q on secondary sewage, distinguishe pi and stigma bonding,

Maths Examcraft OL:
    calc aer (arithmetic), first principles, differentiation, arithmetic sequence

Irish Examcraft OL:
    Email: You are on Holiday with youth club write an email to your uncle or auntie telling him/her about the journey and how you spend your time during the journey
    Story:
    You're parent are away on holiday you are alone in the house you called your friend Sean......
    Blog/Account:
    A concert you like to go to
    A summer job you have
    (i think) Christmas in your house

Biology Examcraft HL:
    The eye,growth regulator experiment, digestion, respiration,genetics,

goodluck, i hope you all do better than me, aha!

if anybody can help me with EXAMCRAFT ol irish paper 2 and french ol i would appreciate it <3

Question on the English paper For the comparative question can you remember if there was a question on
    tension/climax/resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 1 YOLO123

PROS; CACA MILIS

Gafa question please :)

YOLO123 wrote: »
    Gafa question please :)
    GAFA
    Dean ple gairid ar a eifeachtai, dar leat, a leiritear an chaoi a dteann fadhbanna an duine oig i bhfeidhm ar an gclann ar fad sa sliocht as an ursceal,Gafa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This isn't a swap shop.

If you have spoilers for a paper, post them. Don't post that you have them and then stay silent.

Under no circumstances ask people to PM you and you will slyly PM what you should be posting here for everyone.

Stop posting requests, they will be deleted. It's not as if they work anyway.

Thank you to those posters who are reading the first post, following the rules and letting this thread work, despite the continued efforts of others.

As usual, read the first post before posting.

I know I'm breaking mods rules but there's been nothing on art history HL DEB. I have it tomorrow and I'm so screwed. Please can someone help?
    If someone had it and was going to post it, it would have been posted.
    You and others asking for it no matter how many times will not make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mariebabe511

how do you see spoilers? :S

how do you see spoilers? :S

Highlight them.
    Did you read the first post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 clarinsmc00

RML wrote: »
    Can you post O.L Irish paper 1 please?

Irish DEB OL Paper 1:
    the letter: you were asked to a concert by your friend but your parents wont let you because your doing exams OR you stayed in a hotel with your friend after exams but the hotel was horrible, write a complaint to the manager.

sceals: your home alone and there was a knock on the door but no one was there... i wrote about a robber. Thats all i remeber sorry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement