Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2013 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

roxyos wrote: »
    Hi could u tell me the
    type of qs that was asked in plan reproduction?
    that would help me so much!:) I also need to know about the HL Business!!:confused: Thanks :)

Biology DEB HL:
    The wind pollinated flower and what the anther does and the ovule and what do the pollen grain and embryo sac produce. Formation of the pollen grain and embryo sac
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

RML wrote: »
    For comparative : what was the the cultural context Questions about?
    :o

Thanks for the information

English DEB HL:

From what I've gathered from both Lisa's post and some one elses a while back here they are:
    the cultural context one of the questions was asking does the social interaction between men and women help us understand the cultural context

the cultural context one is
    "The main characters are often restricted or liberated by the cultural context of a narrative." Good luck

Those are direct quotes btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Rebel7 wrote: »
    What is de Maidhc Dainin question on the Deb HL Irish paper?

Irish DEB HL:

Someone has previously said
    social life

Please search the thread before posting a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Jayne29 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the question is on
    mo ghrá sa
    or on
    oisin i dtir na nog
    for the honours level irish paper
    have hints on chemistry

Irish Examcraft HL:
    The question on oisin i dtir na nog is treithe an bhealoidis and i dont know all of the mo ghra sa but there is 10 marks for knowing about the poet
    Its examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

user.name wrote: »
    Yes but cramming everything in a short time is not good over a long period of time
    Cramming is vital. Sure a good general knowledge in a subject is great but for something like English, it's the stuff you look at the week before, and even the night before the exam that will be the freshest, and allow you the most fluency when writing. There is no science to that. To say leave it all till the last week is of course ridicolous but to say there is no point cramming is arguably more foolish. A month is ample time for the mocks should you study the paper structures tonight and then work towards satisfying the papers, not the textbooks or anything else.

Not sure why I'm reading this thread, did my leaving in 2008, but I'd have to agree with Jack, cramming is a very good to get things fresh in your mind. It works well for getting details fresh in your mind, but not so good for things like maths, although it can be done.

I remember for English paper 2, I'd loads of good essays, poetry answers, and comparative material done during the year, but it was the 3 hours cramming on the morning of the paper that kept all the quotes fresh.

Got me an A1. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Physics, Higher Level, Examcraft:
    diode forward and reverse, spectrometer, calculating shc of water with a heating coil, moments of a force, Simple harmonic motion, magnetic flux and Faraday's law, Waves of sound and light and experiment to show transverse and longitudinal waves

Experiments included forward/reverse facing diodes, shc of water

Can't remember anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 velcro1994

Physics, Higher Level, Examcraft:
    diode forward and reverse, spectrometer, calculating shc of water with a heating coil, moments of a force, Simple harmonic motion, magnetic flux and Faraday's law, Waves of sound and light and experiment to show transverse and longitudinal waves

Experiments included forward/reverse facing diodes, shc of water

Can't remember anything else...

are u sure thats examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lolno

sj17 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the three choices on the geography (HL) for the Geo-ecology section on the DEB paper please? I cant find it anywhere!!

Geography DEB HL:
    one of the questions was; how does the climate influence the characteristic of a biome, someone already mentioned this before as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

nickyh wrote: »
    hey just did ordinary level irish paper 1, anyone have any hints on paper 2, if anyone needs letter or essay which came up ill be pleased to help

Post them with spoilers, thanks, along with what company they were from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sjeff

English DEB paper 2:
    mahon, bishop, wordsworth, plath. macbeth q on kingship or lady macbeth (ruthless question). cultural context and theme or issue came up. cultural context: Q1: how do men and womens roles differ. Q2: how does cc restrict characters

• Advertisement

Tanga1 wrote: »
    hey can u tell me what came up on paper 1. im doin paper 2 first 2morrow and i can give u the info if ur not doin it 2morrow as well.
    nickyh wrote: »
    will you let me no what comes up in geog plz

Please leave out the textspeak.

Irish:

id appriciate help on paper one for irish. is it DEB?
    paper 2 is spailpin fanach and colscaragh and dis

Rebel7 wrote: »
    Wasnt that for examcraft tho?

This post says DEB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickyh

Tanga1 wrote: »
    hey can u tell me what came up on paper 1. im doin paper 2 first 2morrow and i can give u the info if ur not doin it 2morrow as well.

Irish DEB OL:

ya it was debs paper OL Irish..
    letter was holiday in spain with your friend afterr your exams to celebrate nd the hotel was not confortable and you have to write a letter to the manager about it... the other letter was your friend has ticeads to your fav band nd your mother wont let you go so u have to decline it.. the story was you were home on your own and there was a knock on the door and wen u opened it there was noone there. i wrote about a robber

deb english HL paper 1 spoiler:
    theme was hope. there was a QB on a diary entry. composing speech was about freedom of speech

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

kkkkk12345 wrote: »
    Anyone know whats on the French HL exam craft paper?

French Examcraft HL:
    Q on drugs and journal intime is an angry reaction to a parents decision
    ...All i know for know will find out soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No more 'asking for' posts.
    They are cluttering the thread and will be deleted.

WE KNOW people want hints for all the mocks, you don't have to keep posting requests.

If people would start posting actual information that would help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jayne29

Ethanoic Acid
    Iron tablet titration
    defn of electronegativity
    half a radioactivity question
    water
    rates of reaction
    thermochemistry calculation

<snip no requests thanks>

• Registered Users Posts: 26 django 123

English Examcraft:
    bishop and macbeths downfall
    are coming up on paper 2!
    <no requests>

French:
    drugs as a topic question and angry reaction to parents for journal intime
    are coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jennAVA

Geography:
    soil processes, and characteristics of a biom, regional- compare GDA and BMW manufacturing, population distribution in somewhere outside EU human -part b-urbanisation part c- a map (settlements) physical- volcanoe, human interaction with rock cycle (advantages and disadvantages) earthquakes , mass movement

<snip no requests thanks>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ILoveDance

Music Examcraft HL:

i sat the HL music exam today it was examcraft ( i think ) (had one barcode on front righthand side )
    barry was the long question , the question on bach was the chorale and the development for tchaoisky(i think )

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nickyh

jennAVA wrote: »

Geography:
    soil processes, and characteristics of a biom, regional- compare GDA and BMW manufacturing, population distribution in somewhere outside EU human -part b-urbanisation part c- a map (settlements) physical- volcanoe, human interaction with rock cycle (advantages and disadvantages) earthquakes , mass movement

Geography:

this paper was one of the ecology questions
    how does climate influence charactoristics of biome
    as our teacher said this wat is comin up nd dont no if its examcraft or debs

<no requests>
    maths paper one OL DEB:
    Q on complex numbers, question on differentiation and differentiation by first principles
    i cant remember anything else right now sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

wazzaroon wrote: »
    Maths OL paper one anyone? Much appreciated

Maths OL Paper 1:
    It was really easy! Graphs, argand diagram, differentiate 3x + h from first principles, speed distance and times through calculus, terms of a sequence, simultaneous equations, complex numbers and conjugates, that's all I can remember! Paper 2 if you get it would help me a lot, by the way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

Shaz94 wrote: »
    Anyone have hints for English (HL) paper 2 examcraft and accounting (OL) ?

English HL p2 examcraft:
    Bishop & Mahon
    Macbeths downfall & Kingship
    Cultural Context & Theme and issue (the 30/40 mark question on theme in issue is about techniques used)
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gisabitofhelp

Maths DEB HL P1:
    (spoiler)question 1 complex numbers : argand diagram
    question 2 algebra : given a formula and sub in variables about the population of a village
    question 3: algebra : simultaneous equation and addition of algebra
    question 4: graph of polynomial
    Question 5: Financial Maths
    Question 6: arithemetic
    question 7: differentiation know sin from 1st principles
    question 8: integration know the area
    Hl btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheOxChamp

I've done both Maths HL Papers(Deb) and both Irish OL Papers(Deb).

Maths DEB HL Paper 2:
    Q1-6: Venn Diagram, Probability, Independent Events and Mutually Exclusive Events, What are 'sample and 'population', drawing suitable graph, Why does sin2x=2sinxcosx, Circles: Finding their equations, Difference between an Axiom and a Theorem and Theorem 12. Q7: Finding the volume of boxes using circles, something using null hypothesis and 5% significance. Q8: Enlargement, Find the area of a Pentagon, Find out how many boxes of tiles she needs.
    I hope I did the spoiler right! The rest is already up! <no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 11 skytalker

Chemistry Examcraft HL:
    Experiments: Standardising Potassium permanganate
    organic: Making Ethanal I THINK ?
    Rates Of Reaction
    Long Qs:
    Q4. Endothermic reaction profile
    Catalsyt Defination
    Water
    Q5. First ionisation energy ( be able to explain why it decreases down a group and increases along a period). Emission Spectrum. Newland. Modern + Old periodic table dif.
    Q6. Hess's Law
    Heat of formation def.
    Catalytic Converting
    Q8. Water
    Q9 nd 10.Organic chemistry

IUPAC + isomers / Radiation / pH was somewhere on it as well
    tis all i remember

<no requests>

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheOxChamp

Irish:

Sorry not great at Irish but I think the last questions on both poems was:
    Did you like the poem? Give two reasons for your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JackJoeJill

Accounting DEB HL:

Is the
    Type one or type two incomplete ? Like is it prepare the balance sheet the trading profit and loss or do you have to do the profit and loss followed by the balance sheet ?
    and was there much theory , if so what kind of questions ? Thanks

Accounting DEB HL:

It is the same as
    2005. And there isn't much theory. Know the accounting principles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement